First off I am glad to be on here, I am fascinated by scale rc's. I love the look of the Rio's hull, it is just missing the steps. Couldn't beat the cost,@$150 it is my 1st boat if you don't count the Traxxas Villain (before the Ex) I ripped apart when I was young and stupid.(20 stole the electronics) I regret it now. I have been messing with rc since I was 5, first hobby grade when I was 16(Rc10) and worked up to a FtRc10 Gt. I raced a little hated it, bunch of old guys yelling at the kid to get out of the way. Got back into rc when the Scx10 came out, I currently have 6 trucks, scratch built and kits, a 6x6, A scx10, 2cco1's a F650 tow rig Wip, and a jeep wip.
The Rio, the first mod was to tear off all the stickers, and laid down a silver base coat, going with candy red flames and metallic blue. Next shooting for a 25mph top speed for solid running in the local ponds, lakes and rivers. Probably going brushless when Ican afford it, currently have a couple old 7cell nNiMH battery's and a few mini 2s and 3s lipos including a big 6400 mah 20c battery.
Everyone loves pic's...