Thread: Brushless Aquacraft Rio in the Snow!

Default Brushless Aquacraft Rio in the Snow!

Had to try this after seeing the HPR in the snow. Need a big field and it would work awesome. We had 20 inches too so any ruts it would stop. The harder the snow the better for turning I would say. I am running a 3650 2300kv motor, 3s lipo, Seaking 35amp esc and 42mm stock prop. I also raised the rudders a notch up as to reduce the drag.

Everything was pretty cool after 15 minutes of playing around. I would say amp draw is less, not more. The video quality is not great, my wife didn't want to venture outside for very long.

It certainly was fun! Hit a tree and smacked up the front a bit, so now I need another hull for my setup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AmM_kzaJJw

Hahaha, awesome. I like how it throws the snow in almost the same pattern as water! I kinda figured that you would have to give your boat apush to move in the snow and can't stop, but still very cool. I want to try my rio ep in the snow if we get more.

Very cool!If I knew what snow is, I'd build a boat for that purpose, but my water never freezes...

Looks fun!!
    My prop hasn't been wet in a while.

looks like you need more prop!!!

Awesome, good test.

Brian

Sorry to hear about the broke nose Tunnelvision, looked like fun, but alot of trees... If you go hull shopping, keep this one in mind.. A brand new/undrilled MHZ Scorpion, 3 step mono. Perfect size and weight for your gear... Doesn't get any better than MHZ.... $80 shipped...

Quote Originally Posted by hyrulejedi86 View Post
    Hahaha, awesome. I like how it throws the snow in almost the same pattern as water! I kinda figured that you would have to give your boat apush to move in the snow and can't stop, but still very cool. I want to try my rio ep in the snow if we get more.
    Another great video of a boat in the snow. Cant keep the snow on the ground here. Its 60* out one day and 30* the next. Dang Ohio weather.LOL Where are you located?
    ..Eagles may soar in the clouds, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines..56" P.I. Fountain /37"Genesis Cat.-1717/T-180/33" DF Copy-1717/T-180

[QUOTE=igottalongone;267756]Sorry to hear about the broke nose Tunnelvision, looked like fun, but alot of trees... If you go hull shopping, keep this one in mind.. A brand new/undrilled MHZ Scorpion, 3 step mono. Perfect size and weight for your gear... Doesn't get any better than MHZ.... $80 shipped...

Thanks, the Rio doesn't owe me anything. I learned a lot with it as it was my first boat. That MHZ is cool, is that yours or where can I find them?

Quote Originally Posted by b.mcdaniel.2009 View Post
    Another great video of a boat in the snow. Cant keep the snow on the ground here. Its 60* out one day and 30* the next. Dang Ohio weather.LOL Where are you located?
    It's been crazy so far. I'm in Columbus, how about you?

[QUOTE=tunnelvision;268000]
    Quote Originally Posted by igottalongone View Post
    Sorry to hear about the broke nose Tunnelvision, looked like fun, but alot of trees... If you go hull shopping, keep this one in mind.. A brand new/undrilled MHZ Scorpion, 3 step mono. Perfect size and weight for your gear... Doesn't get any better than MHZ.... $80 shipped...

Thanks, the Rio doesn't owe me anything. I learned a lot with it as it was my first boat. That MHZ is cool, is that yours or where can I find them?
    You can check them out on MHZusa.com They are Premium quality... Spensive, but Shweet!
    Ron

I have seen a few videos of people doing this with their boats. How do you keep the electronics that normally need water cool in the snow? does snow push thu the cooling system? If I were to guess I'd say no it wouldnt, but Ive been wrong b4 and will be again on many things over my lifetime
    Land, Sea & Air, A true RC Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by JPriami View Post
    I have seen a few videos of people doing this with their boats. How do you keep the electronics that normally need water cool in the snow? does snow push thu the cooling system? If I were to guess I'd say no it wouldnt, but Ive been wrong b4 and will be again on many things over my lifetime
    Just took off the water pickup. There was not need for cooling the way I was running it. I ran it around for 15 minutes or so the night before as the blizzard was piling up and the motor was warm to the touch. It was stop and go so I am sure that helped. The esc was cold. My guess is that you are not drawing as many amps. When I filmed the video it was freezing cold in the low 20s...I am sure that helps as well!

Cool Beamers.. rock on then Bro
    Land, Sea & Air, A true RC Addict.