Thread: Aquacraft Rio EP w/ Custom Paint and Brushless System

Default Aquacraft Rio EP w/ Custom Paint and Brushless System

Hey guys,
    I've got this Rio EP that was my first boat (now I have two... whoo hoo, still a newbie!). I just really don't use the boat anymore. I can't even remember what prop I put on it. But I have the Traxxas Velineon Waterproof Brushless System in it (part # 3350X). I added the cooling fan. I have the water cooling jacket for the motor. I extended the trim tabs to stop the chine walking. I've got 1 or two 2C 7.4 5000 batteries I can sell with it if you need them. I'm really not sure what to ask for the boat because the paint is so different, so I'll take some reasonable offers and I'll cover shipping in the cont U.S.

youtube clip here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJn2qZK00Lw
    Give me a call if you have questions.
    Chris
    404-eight 0 three - four six six nine

SOLD
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Flame On; 12-27-2012 at 05:19 PM.

how did you paint it ?

-Danny
    losi scte full carbon,Hpi baja 5te,Hb tcxx
    Enforcer gator full mod 30cc
    Rico 31

Very nice!! How fast does that puppy run..................mid/high 30's?
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Hey Danny,
    It was quite a process but just something I enjoy. I was selling BASF paint at the time for a automotive paint store at the time and was friends with the BASF paint trainer at the time, so I just took it to the training center and played with it in my spare time. He helped me through the process. In a nut shell, I sanded the whole thing with 800 grits, then put a flexible 2K primer on it. Sanded it again with 800, then sprayed it with a bright silver metallic base coat. I let that dry, then I used candy colors (base coat paint that you can see through) in all the colors that you see (Red, Orange, yellow, green, blue, purple) and it looked like a rainbow when I was done. Then I found some flame stencils. Covered the boat in transfer paper, used the stencil to draw the flames on, then cut them out so they protect where I want flames and removed the rest of the transfer paper. Then painted the entire thing in black. Let that dry then removed the transfer paper in the flame pattern, then put two coats of automotive good clear coat.

Make-A-Wake,
    That sounds about right on smooth water but I really don't know, I don't have one of the GPS things to check it. I'm not that hardcore yet I guess :-)

Any ideas on a price? This would be the perfect boat for my son. Thanks

Woodster - How does $300 sound? I'll pay shipping and throw in two 7.4 5000 Lipo's.

I have no idea what this thing is worth. You guys help me out?... I know I paid $160 for the boat, about that again for the motor and ESC, $20 for the cooling fan, don't remember for the water jacket and prop, $140 for the two batteries.

Honestly they aren't worth that much used. I have one of these already for my son ( he's beat it up pretty badly) so I was looking for another one as well. I paid $75 for it RTR with radio. That was used of course but still in great shape. Would you maybe sell minus the motor and ESC maybe?

I really don't want to sell split up. The boat new is $160. You paid about half that for your stock used one. I agree, used stuff is worth about half its new price if in good shape. I've got $400 in this one with upgrades & batteries. I'll sell for $200 (again with two 7.4 5000 batteries and shipping) I'd like to think my paint job is worth something. I'm probably gonna eBay it in a week or so.