Thread: Traxxas Spartan Receiver Issue

Default Traxxas Spartan Receiver Issue

Last year my boat flipped and was submerged for about 45 minutes until I was able to retrieve it. I took the receiver box a part and dried everything out and cleans the corrosion off with a toothbrush and let every air out and put it away for the season. I just got around to plugging it in today and the motor won't run when I pull or push the trigger, But it will power on and spin forwards and reverse when I operate the rudder control. The rudder is also functioning properly when I do this. Is my receiver fried? or could it need reprogrammed?

If the throttle control on your transmitter operates both the rudder servo and the ESC/Motor, your receiver is junk.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

A suggestion for future water issues, spray any electronics that get wet with Corrosion-X immediately afterwards. It displaces water and leaves a protective coating. I've flooded motors with that stuff after taking on water and they don't miss a beat next time out, aside from a little smoke when it burns off.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Thanks I figured that was the issue. At least I learned to put silicon around the wire port. and thanks for the tip regarding preventing future water issues.

I use this on all my RX boards. I pop the RX case open, remove the electronics and paint the entire board with it. Its like a clear nail polish that dries within minutes, and the RX will continue to work while completely submerged. Then I use some dielectric grease on all servo plug or wire connections, and I can swamp the boat with little to no electrical issues at all

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1