Thread: spartan rear screws tightening problem!

Wink spartan rear screws tightening problem!

hi, my screws that go into rear of spartan for strut support and tabs are in so tight in the threads, I cannot get leverage with a allen driver to either loosen or tighten them up, where can i buy a thick rubber handled hex driver to get the leverage??

Maybe try any hand tool supplier. I think is a 2mm. I would recommend a 1/4 rachet
    with an allan socket.
    R.P

i would say to hold a soldering iron on the screws to heat them up and break the grip from the locktite. unfortunately its a plastic hull and will melt the abs possibly
    i still dont know why people buy a plastic boat…. and never will

The screws galling into the plastic is a known problem. I have used a vise grip to remove them at times because the hex driver just won't cut it.

There is the possibility that the threads will strip out when you extract the screws. I have only had that happen once, and I have removed the screws often, but it is a possibility.

After removing the screws, be sure to clean any plastic out of the threads and lubricate them with a non-petroleum based lubricant to prevent further galling. (full synthetic, vegetable oil, candle wax, etc.)

Kevin