Thread: Cigarette 40" 6s.

Default Cigarette 40" 6s.

Hello,
    this is my Cigarette 40" rc boat video.
    The deck is made of mahogany and cherrywood.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59pVP7yTdPc

Nice looking boat,i plan on using two of those motors in one of my 58 Apaches soon lower kv though.A friend allready tried two in one they are pretty good for the money.Id love to see some pics of your boat especially the deck.I have aquired a mould for one of these but i need to design a new deck as theres no deck mould.Im planning on making it more like the modern cigarette hulls,should be a nice addition to the list,good to see how well yours goes with that motor too.Any idea of the speeds your getting from it?,thanks for sharing and look forward to seeing a few pics.
    Mart

The only time that i measured the speed with a gps it was in a big pool that we play here in Greece,at the Olympic Stadium of Athens.But as you can see it is really small for this kind of boat,and i have 35 knots.In the sea it is much quicker because i can hold the throtle to its max position to give to the boat it's top speed.In the pool i hold it in max position for 1 or 2 seconds because in the end of the pool we have concrete and it is not a good material to deal with
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH5D9Mf9OGE

got any pics of the inside

I just shoot one and here it is.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Where did you get a turnigy 240HV?
    I like the boat, it leans alot into the turns, have you thought about fins or is it supposed to be like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Boaterguy View Post
    Where did you get a turnigy 240HV?
    I like the boat, it leans alot into the turns, have you thought about fins or is it supposed to be like that?
    I get the speedcontrol from hobby king and it is the same as Swordfish 240HV.
    Thank you.
    I don't know if it is normal but i suppose that it is because it's not wide and has deep vee.I have turn fins and trim tabs and i have try many settings but without any better behaviour.The two outer trim tabs are a bit lower than the others to prevent the boat to do this.If i try to adjust them lower the boat is start doing chine walk so i reduce the angle in a position that it is safe.If you have any saggestions please tell.

I still don't know what you are talking about the Turnigy ESC. they sell an 80HV, a 120 and a 180, can you post a link to it?
    I don't know what you could do unless your turn fins are too small.

the boat isnt doing any high speed turns either your probably using full rudder when turning most likely in wont dig in as hard going faster with less steering input

Quote Originally Posted by Boaterguy View Post
    I still don't know what you are talking about the Turnigy ESC. they sell an 80HV, a 120 and a 180, can you post a link to it?
    I don't know what you could do unless your turn fins are too small.
    http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=12442

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    the boat isnt doing any high speed turns either your probably using full rudder when turning most likely in wont dig in as hard going faster with less steering input
    I reduce the amount of steering under 50% from the radio transmitter enough to turn in the conditions that i play each time.I am thinking on cutting the rudder a bit, something like 1cm,to see if it will be better.
    If you see my other thread with the pictures you can understand the size of all hardware https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...arette-40-quot
    And some data from my setup.With the prather 225 prop that i have on the boat i got 3227 watt peak power from the motor and 17-20 minutes of running time with 2 zippy 6s 5800 30c .

Whats the width of this hull ? the one ill be doing is 13 1/2" wide so plenty wide for better stability.Is it possible your turn fins are too long ?,its hard to tell by photos but they do look large.
    Mart

Quote Originally Posted by martno1fan View Post
    Whats the width of this hull ? the one ill be doing is 13 1/2" wide so plenty wide for better stability.Is it possible your turn fins are too long ?,its hard to tell by photos but they do look large.
    Mart
    It is only 10" wide.I try before to lift the turn fins but it was much worst than now.It was drifting like an overpowered rear wheel drive car!!!!!!!!Yes the turn fins are for gas boats and they are large
    Last edited by coolmind; 06-29-2011 at 06:24 PM.

When a mono banks that hard in the turns is is due to three things - a narrow hull, a deep vee carried pretty far forward, and a high CG. Turn fins or rudder depth will have little effect on this. This is not necessarily a bad thing, just not very scale like. I'd live with it, the boat runs well and looks great.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    When a mono banks that hard in the turns is is due to three things - a narrow hull, a deep vee carried pretty far forward, and a high CG. Turn fins or rudder depth will have little effect on this. This is not necessarily a bad thing, just not very scale like. I'd live with it, the boat runs well and looks great.

Thank you very much for the posible reasons ,and i am happy that you like my boat.

Another Video with the pass from Cape Sounion to Makronisos Island in Greece
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82XRhUAA3nM

Quote Originally Posted by coolmind View Post
    Another Video with the pass from Cape Sounion to Makronisos Island in Greece
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82XRhUAA3nM
    I want to do a similar type of challenge with my boat. This looks like a lot of fun.
    Congrats on completing the journey and on a very nice boat.

Bravo bravo, very nicely done,
    What temps are you getting from your motor, esc , cells, with a run like that ?

Thank you.
    Temps are : batteries 37c -Esc 45c motor 55c .

Very nice video,boat runs very well.I love the greek Islands spent two weeks in Crete earlier in May this year had a great time.
    Mart

Quote Originally Posted by PapaGriz View Post
    I want to do a similar type of challenge with my boat. This looks like a lot of fun.
    Congrats on completing the journey and on a very nice boat.
    The main deference is that from been stable in one possision and see your model passes bye in front of you for 1 or 2 sec,with that you have it near you for a long time,and this is not just fun it is unbelevable sensation.

Quote Originally Posted by martno1fan View Post
    Very nice video,boat runs very well.I love the greek Islands spent two weeks in Crete earlier in May this year had a great time.
    Mart
    Thank you very much.
    The next time that you are going to visit Greece let me know.Mabe we will meet.

Hi and on your boat setup.
    Do you think that t600 1400kv motor and a seaking esc 180 on 4s, Would be a good setup for a 36" Shockwave hull ?

Thanks for any info.

Quote Originally Posted by lenny View Post
    Hi and on your boat setup.
    Do you think that t600 1400kv motor and a seaking esc 180 on 4s, Would be a good setup for a 36" Shockwave hull ?

Thanks for any info.
    With that kind of setup you will have approximately 20000 rpm in your prop.It will be fast but you will need a big prop to give you proper speed.It is a very well made motor and also very powerfull.
    Attached Images Attached Images

When you say proper speeds, What do you mean in mph ?
    And props, What size would you think ?
    I want the boat for sport running and to run cool with long run time.
    Last edited by lenny; 09-13-2011 at 09:40 PM.

Why not 6 s 2 packs, fast and longer runtimes.
    Mart

I guess because i have 4s packs, but no 6s yet.
    Next step up and,

When you say proper speeds, What do you mean in mph ?
    And props, What size would thing ?
    I want the boat for sport running and to run cool with long run time.
    I will give you an example from my tests.I had the cigarette with 5s(around 25000 Rpm)and if i want to have a speed above 35 Knots i need an 235 prather prop.With 6s i need a prather 225 or an octura x447.So in my opinion you will need an 235 or 240 with this motor at 4s.Also you have to test it with a watt meter and see the results.

I guess because i have 4s packs, but no 6s yet.
    Next step up and,
    Good enough answer for me lol