Thread: Mini Cat Racing USA. ALL GOOD THINGS MUST COME TO AN END!

Default Mini Cat Racing USA. ALL GOOD THINGS MUST COME TO AN END!

Hi Everyone.

Minicat Racing USA is for sale! I am turning 75 this year and wish to finally fully retire. I have a pretty good stock of Micro Hydros and Mini ECOs and associated parts. Along with the merchandise you will get the website and access to the manufacturer as a distributor.

If you are interested, please contact me and we can discuss details.

mhydroB.jpg

This is our 12th year in business.Thanks to all of you over the years.

Jim Slaughter
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Enjoy your retirement Jim, you have some great boats, I have a Mini Eco I enjoy, and it is my newb friendly loaner boat when on 2s.

The manufacturer makes great stuff, their new Mini Mono ARTR swept the board with 1st, 2nd and 3rd in class at last years world champs.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Hey Jim, was there much flex with the sponsons on the glass or carbon Starship? The hobbyking knockoff is a flexi mess, sold it.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Hey Jim, was there much flex with the sponsons on the glass or carbon Starship? The hobbyking knockoff is a flexi mess, sold it.

Hi Ray,

No flex. I don't have the starships anymore but they are still available if the buyer of the company wants to stock them. I had a very large stock of them but it took a long time for them to sell out. At that time I decided to 'downsize' a bit on my stock.

BUT, they were rock solid.

Jim
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by NativePaul View Post
    Enjoy your retirement Jim, you have some great boats, I have a Mini Eco I enjoy, and it is my newb friendly loaner boat when on 2s.

The manufacturer makes great stuff, their new Mini Mono ARTR swept the board with 1st, 2nd and 3rd in class at last years world champs.
    Thanks Paul!
    They really do make super quality stuff with their vacuum bagging technology, etc. I know they do well at the world champs under NAVIGA.

Jim
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

That's why I gave away the HK version. It was soft and flexible, not good at all.

Thanks Jim!

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    Hi Ray,

No flex. I don't have the starships anymore but they are still available if the buyer of the company wants to stock them. I had a very large stock of them but it took a long time for them to sell out. At that time I decided to 'downsize' a bit on my stock.

BUT, they were rock solid.

Jim
    Nortavlag Bulc

We are going to receive 4 Tenshock F1 (Formula 1) boats soon. These retail for $499 and very expensive shipping. I will offer these at $399 shipped in the USA. That is about my cost. These are incredible pieces of engineering. The motor/drive system is very unique. They are the usual high quality vacuum bagged fiberglass and super quality hardware from TENSHOCK.
    They come Ready to Run, including a 2.4gHz radio. You just need to add your own battery. They are 27" long and SELF RIGHTING! I don't know which colors we will receive yet. I will post here again when they arrive.

10985232_948046951872869_4976361926912842441_n.jpg11000588_948046655206232_5779445505672356064_n.jpgnew F1 -3.jpg
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Good to see these. Very nice.
    All the best.
    We are going to receive 4 Tenshock F1 (Formula 1) boats soon. These retail for $499 and very expensive shipping. I will offer these at $399 shipped in the USA. That is about my cost. These are incredible pieces of engineering. The motor/drive system is very unique. They are the usual high quality vacuum bagged fiberglass and super quality hardware from TENSHOCK.
    They come Ready to Run, including a 2.4gHz radio. You just need to add your own battery. They are 27" long and SELF RIGHTING! I don't know which colors we will receive yet. I will post here again when they arrive.

10985232_948046951872869_4976361926912842441_n.jpg11000588_948046655206232_5779445505672356064_n.jpgnew F1 -3.jpg
    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Too many boats, not enough time...

That looks like a Blast!!!
    Sign me up!!
    What do I need to do to reserve one?
    Cheetah, Super Rio, (Mod) Starship (Mod and sold),

Quote Originally Posted by larryrose11 View Post
    That looks like a Blast!!!
    Sign me up!!
    What do I need to do to reserve one?
    Send me an email to info@minicatracingusa.com
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Well, some bad news. We are not getting 3 of the four F1's after all. Somebody bought them out from under us.
    I do have one in stock and it looks like it is sold. Just waiting for payment.

Sorry folks.

Jim

Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

If I can't get an interested buyer for the business I will start blowing out the boats and parts. Keep watching the website for major sales.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

If I can't get an interested buyer for the business I will start blowing out the boats and parts. Keep watching the website for major sales.
    Best of Luck to you! I am personally sad to see your desire to sell your business, but i understand a man has got to do what he has to do.

when would these sales begin?
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

Default Minicat racing usa sale

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    Best of Luck to you! I am personally sad to see your desire to sell your business, but i understand a man has got to do what he has to do.
    Thanks Tim. You have been a great supporter and customer. I do appreciate your comments. It would not be a big investment for someone to take over but of course there has to be an interest.

I'll probably initiate the sale of the boats and parts sometime this summer if nobody steps up.

Thanks!
    Jim
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by boatsrnew2me View Post
    I haven't decided yet. Still hoping someone will step up and buy the business.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Jim, how much room does stocking the inventory take up?
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to use it in a fruit salad.
    PB BlackJack 29 / AQ Motley Crew / Tenshock Mini ECO / Phil Thomas Stealth

Boy, you sure are in a hurry!

Boy, you sure are in a hurry!
    who wouldn't be ?only a few months of boat season left until your waiting all winter
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

who wouldn't be ?only a few months of boat season left until your waiting all winter
    I hear you, but it's too hot here.

Screenshot_20180706-145735.jpg

Last edited by tlandauer; 07-06-2018 at 06:02 PM. Reason: attached photo was not correct.

Dang phone......

I'm interested in the business as well send me a pm over everything if you will please

Quote Originally Posted by Brewbud View Post
    Jim, how much room does stocking the inventory take up?
    Not much room at all. I have about 4 of the 5 drawer plastic cabinets that contain all the parts. The cabinets will be available with the sale. Each boat is in a heavy shipping box 18"x9"x4"
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

We have an interested buyer for the business. Waiting his reply to our latest message.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

We have an interested buyer for the business. Waiting his reply to our latest message.
    My best wishes for Mini Cat Racing USA.
    All the best to you Jim.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Last edited by tlandauer; 08-17-2018 at 01:07 AM.

My best wishes for Mini Cat Racing USA.
    All the best to you Jim.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Thanks Tim. I will keep everyone informed.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Well it looks like one of the members on here was just blowing smoke up my butt. After conducting a thorough inventory and telling him the amount, he disappeared. He had asked for the purchase price, etc for inventory only. No website, etc. I gave it to him and haven't heard a word since. I wish he would at least be big enough to tell me he was no longer interested. It's been a couple of weeks so we're right back where we started.

If anyone is SERIOUS, please step forward.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Sorry you feel this way Jim....

You advertise to sell but you don't want to do the work to give a purchase price... First of all I NEVER asked YOU to do a full inventory. What I did state was I wanted to understand if this was a 5K or 10K investment. I was trying to understand what you were ACTUALLY selling and the answer to that is nothing more than your inventory. Life moves fast sometimes and this boat stuff take second fiddle occasionally.

At this point I don't see the value in purchasing from you as the logistics of getting the product from FL to MI doesn't make sense. As we discussed in PM you don't have any exclusivity agreement with TenShock any how...

Lastly... You haven't reached out to me directly. Bashing me indirectly on a public forum is bad form.

You said you were interested in just the inventory and wanted to know how much, 5k or 10k purchase. I did the inventory so I could answer your questions. I didn't name you in any bashing. After I contacted you and gave you the $$ amount you never replied. How is that reaching out? I gave you an offer with me paying for the shipping.

You just outed yourself by posting here rather than in the PM's like we had been talking in.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Sometime soon I will be blasting the remaining boats out at our cost. Watch here for more news. It will likely be sometime in mid october. Prior to that I'm going to give it one last shot at selling all the inventory. boats, parts, motors, esc's, etc. ALL for $5800 shipped.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com