Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ZTW Seal 300a ESC, Who is using it ?

Default ZTW Seal 300a ESC, Who is using it ?

Is anyone using these ?
    If so what do you think ?

I'm on the fence about trying them...not enough of them out there that I see. And I need two, so that's a big roll of the dice.

Looks like I will be the Guinea pig, I have two coming for my Mystic 138 ....

Cool! When do you think you'll start using them?

Quote Originally Posted by Prodrvr View Post
    Cool! When do you think you'll start using them?
    I should have them in no more then two weeks and just waiting for Kent to polish the boat ......
    If it is what it says it is on paper it should be awesome 300A & 1000A Screenshot_20180909-200508_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Last edited by Speedfreek; 09-20-2018 at 05:51 PM.

Sweet!

No pressure Kent

Hope it's better than the 300amp car version, ordered 3, 1 caught fire on 8s after about 10 yards, 2nd one went better for a while on 8s and 12s, then went "pop" on 12s when I connected batteries though it had been playing up before, slowing down on it's own, not being able to switch esc off via switch so had to disconnect battery to switch off, all this info sent to ZTW, 3rd I didn't bother, sent all 3 back to ZTW along with motor at their request, waiting for their response

Omg!!!

Good thing you've got a 138 hull to install them in. Those 300's are massive.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Holly Crap

I will have 30 days to drive them like i stolen it and any problems, i will get them exchanged......
    Last edited by Speedfreek; 09-21-2018 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedfreek View Post
    Holly Crap

I will have 30 days to drive them like i stolen it and any problems, i will get them exchanged......
    You're gonna have to do just that! If they're gonna let go, they'll let go right away.

When I ordered them they where out, and they were about to do another run of them, so I hope they have changed the alleged weak spot in them and have it sorted out. Fingers crossed
    But the boat ESC,s are definitely different then the car ones.
    OSE Here sell them,it would be nice if someone chimed in to let us know if there having any issues with them !.
    I will see hay
    Last edited by Speedfreek; 09-22-2018 at 04:17 AM.

are they updated versions or same stock? ztw received my esc/motor, they asked what kv the 5860 was as there were no markings on it, I also told them it's a 6 pole motor, they were looking at the problem last week, on holiday next week and testing it next week, I want the updated version..... when it comes out

Quote Originally Posted by robw View Post
    are they updated versions or same stock? ztw received my esc/motor, they asked what kv the 5860 was as there were no markings on it, I also told them it's a 6 pole motor, they were looking at the problem last week, on holiday next week and testing it next week, I want the updated version..... when it comes out
    These are straight from ZTW they were just made, there was no stock before so ?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedfreek View Post
    These are straight from ZTW they were just made, there was no stock before so ?
    same spec as previous ones then?

How can you tell ?

sorry, I thought they were updating the 300 amp esc's I know they are doing another "version for car" from what ZTW mentioned, could be just "hearsay" on the boat esc, least you have them and can try them for yourself.

sorry, I thought they were updating the 300 amp esc's I know they are doing another "version for car" from what ZTW mentioned, could be just "hearsay" on the boat esc, least you have them and can try them for yourself.
    I will be soon, got the cat back from the painters and Kent is piecing it back together so it will be soon

IMG-20181002-WA0000.jpg

I have a post on my rc boat fb page from Peter Liao showing the redesigned 200A marine esc. I asked about a redesign on the 300A and his answer was "it's still under design, would appreciate any input". That's all I have.

I have a post on my rc boat fb page from Peter Liao showing the redesigned 200A marine esc. I asked about a redesign on the 300A and his answer was "it's still under design, would appreciate any input". That's all I have.
    Cool, i hope i have no issues

Finally my Mystic was ready enough to have a test run on the weekend with Kent (CCFP)
    Good news is on 7s the ZTW didn't release the magic smoke within lol, here is a link to it, nothing fancy just a quick test.
    We did see some water in it at the end which i have located the culprit and sealed it up.
    I am definitely no expert on ESC's but it is smooth on the triger and was just warm to tuch, the batteries were at 3.8v storage at the end of this run. And yes they are a big ass ESC, size wise

https://youtu.be/xPQBIFbWV4M
    Last edited by Speedfreek; 11-12-2018 at 01:18 AM.

Very good!

Nice first run!
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

So far so good didn't know you were using a tp motor, not a good combo, hopefully all will be ok with marine version you have

So far so good didn't know you were using a tp motor, not a good combo, hopefully all will be ok with marine version you have
    What's wrong with the TP motors ?
    Last edited by Speedfreek; 11-12-2018 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    Nice first run!
    Thanks ,it came back In one piece

Very good!
    Thanks, ok for a first run
    Last edited by Speedfreek; 11-12-2018 at 03:23 PM.

Hello Rob,

After some tests, we found our 300A ESC can not compatible well with TP motor.
    The current reached 30A with unload when we tested..

We will upgrade the firmware of the ESC and will make it compatible. That will take 2~3 weeks.

Best regards,
    Peter Liao
    that's one of the emails I received, they also had to modify the esc for some reason, 6 poles being one of the problems, they only tested 4 pole motors, I asked if the marine version was compatible with the tp motors, (as I was interested in one) answer was they "think so" as a few people are using them, tp motors are great, I use a few of the 58 series, fair play to ztw for making improvements, least they are trying, unlike mgm who told me to buy a lehner

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast