Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Velocity series by MiniCatRacing

These are listed as 3mm but they do fit
    http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...d=ose-2bld-3mm

I also use this one
    http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...rod=octsb-x432 also bolts right on, no mods needed.

Quote Originally Posted by brad65ford View Post
    Hey guys, I'm getting one of these bad boys and I'm wondering if I can order any spare props for these from this site?

Mini Cats states
    32mm diameter x 45mm pitch x 4mm shaft

And this site has some stuff similar just don't know if anyone has tried different size with good luck.
    I have tried the black ones from OSE as well as the 1/8" plastic from octura (OSE site).

I mostly run on 2s, and any of them work well. On 3s I tend to stick with a 31 or 32mm prop I think.

The 27mm wouldn't push it up on plane, 30mm was difficult, 31 worked well for me. For a few bucks, get some spares!

Brian

Thanks guys, I'm planing to running 1800/2150mah 25c 3s in this boat. I don't want to spend the bucks for the metal Octura props yet. But are these my only choices on this site?

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...od=grp-2318.31
    Product ID: grp-2318.31
    Graupner 31mm for 4mm threaded shafts
    Diameter 31mm, Pitch 40mm.

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...od=grp-2318.33
    Product ID: grp-2318.33
    Graupner 33mm for 4mm threaded shafts
    Diameter 33mm, Pitch 46mm.

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...=grp-2318.34.5
    Product ID: grp-2318.34.5
    Graupner 34.5mm for 4mm threaded shafts
    Diameter 34.5mm, Pitch 48mm.

We sell props for it. We carry the parts for all our boats.

Hey guys, I'm getting one of these bad boys and I'm wondering if I can order any spare props for these from this site?

Mini Cats states
    32mm diameter x 45mm pitch x 4mm shaft

And this site has some stuff similar just don't know if anyone has tried different size with good luck.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    We sell props for it. We carry the parts for all our boats.
    All good bro, I'm aware of that. When I place a large order from this site "including my other props for my other boats" I'd like to get something that would work for these boats also.

No worries. Just didn't want you to think we didn't support what we sell.

The prop on the boat is a 1.4 x 32 , 4mm shaft. OSE should have what you need. You can also
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

None of those props will work. The Velocity has the drive dog system, not threaded shaft. I have looked at OSE and don't see a prop on there that will work. His drive dog Graupners are all too big.

Thanks guys, I'm planing to running 1800/2150mah 25c 3s in this boat. I don't want to spend the bucks for the metal Octura props yet. But are these my only choices on this site?

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...od=grp-2318.31
    Product ID: grp-2318.31
    Graupner 31mm for 4mm threaded shafts
    Diameter 31mm, Pitch 40mm.

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...od=grp-2318.33
    Product ID: grp-2318.33
    Graupner 33mm for 4mm threaded shafts
    Diameter 33mm, Pitch 46mm.

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...=grp-2318.34.5
    Product ID: grp-2318.34.5
    Graupner 34.5mm for 4mm threaded shafts
    Diameter 34.5mm, Pitch 48mm.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

what battery fits into these Velocity Cats as 2 of us just ordered ours today?
    Tropical Bill

And where to buy it today.

Quote Originally Posted by TRUNKMUNKY View Post
    And where to buy it today.

http://www.minicatracingusa.com/vcat.html
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Kinda quiet out here I guess we can just make it like always and dig and scratch out what works and what doesn't work like the old Super V , and Hydro days
    Tropical Bill

Quote Originally Posted by FinzUp View Post
    Kinda quiet out here I guess we can just make it like always and dig and scratch out what works and what doesn't work like the old Super V , and Hydro days
    You're asking about the battery? Physically just about anything will fit. Their website recommends a 3S 11.1V 1500-2100mAh Lipo Battery. I'm using a 172 gram battery in that range and it does not self-right. maybe I just have to move it closer to the drive line...

OK thanks but, are you talking self righting about the mono or cat? As 2 of us that work together just got the Cats. We have found much about the Hydros as they have been out there for 2 + yrs and mostly new stuff about the Mono's but, the Cat's are like a dark horse.
    Thanks
    Bill
    Tropical Bill

OK thanks but, are you talking self righting about the mono or cat? As 2 of us that work together just got the Cats. We have found much about the Hydros as they have been out there for 2 + yrs and mostly new stuff about the Mono's but, the Cat's are like a dark horse.
    Thanks
    Bill
    Oh, right... I found this thread searching for the Velocity but i didn't realize there was a Velocity Cat... I thought the Velocity was only a mono. And I didn't read your post too thoroughly. Sorry 'bout that.
    Last edited by mickvk; 03-24-2010 at 05:31 PM.

You have to tape the OUTSIDE of the hatch for the Velocity Mono to be self righting. The Velocity CAT is not self righting regardless of what you do. Unlike flood chamber boats, (like the Mini ECO), the self righting has nothing to do with weight distribution. Its a factor of the high profile rounded hatch on the mono.

Quote Originally Posted by mickvk View Post
    You're asking about the battery? Physically just about anything will fit. Their website recommends a 3S 11.1V 1500-2100mAh Lipo Battery. I'm using a 172 gram battery in that range and it does not self-right. maybe I just have to move it closer to the drive line...
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    You have to tape the OUTSIDE of the hatch for the Velocity Mono to be self righting. The Velocity CAT is not self righting regardless of what you do. Unlike flood chamber boats, (like the Mini ECO), the self righting has nothing to do with weight distribution. Its a factor of the high profile rounded hatch on the mono.
    A weeble wobble is self righting. That has all to do with weighting. :)

I did use tape and had a problem. So I'll let you know what I can figure out in the future. Thanks for the input.

Please let us know what you figure out. You are the first to report it doesn't work for you. As you know, we say on our website that we don't guarantee it to be self righting but since we wrote that, there has been an overwhelming response from people claiming theirs comes back up 99 times out of 100. We didn't design the boat to be self righting...it was just a happy accident!

Quote Originally Posted by mickvk View Post
    A weeble wobble is self righting. That has all to do with weighting. :)

I did use tape and had a problem. So I'll let you know what I can figure out in the future. Thanks for the input.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Hello Mick maybe we can roll our inputs back and forth to help each other.
    Tropical Bill

How's that mini cat comming along?

Quote Originally Posted by TRUNKMUNKY View Post
    How's that mini cat comming along?
    Hey good news sailr said new replacement Catamaran will be on the way to
    replace my "Crushed Cat" thanks to shippers with heavy handling So get your Race face on!!! LOL
    Tropical Bill

Thanks sailr for the quick help and hope you had a great time @ the Races
    Tropical Bill

Default Battery holder

Well, I never liked the idea of a fast small boat running with that battery secured by just a strip of velcro. I also needed to put some flotation in the nose. So I killed two birds with one stone... I took a six inch piece of pool noodle, widened the center opening, narrowed the front tip, and glued 'er in. Now I'll try putting the battery just forward of the motor.

On the plus side, vertical center-of-gravity will be low and hopefully that will fix my inability to self-right.

On the negative side, my fore-to-aft center of gravity will be too forward. I think the rule of thumb is to shoot for the 33% from the transom... I'm at almost 50%. I'll have to get it in the water and report back.

If it doesn't ride well even with strut adjustments, I'll just use the velcro and hope I don't flip it at 30MPH!

Here are a couple pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

With the battery that far forward, It will probable submerge if it hits a wave. WAY too far forward.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Good for you! I just put that big batt in that little boat ,relocated some of the stuff and am charging it now.These little buggers are cramped for space man ! FLIGHT POWER just might be the truth!
    Hey good news sailr said new replacement Catamaran will be on the way to
    replace my "Crushed Cat" thanks to shippers with heavy handling So get your Race face on!!! LOL

Did you get your ESC to program to your Pistol radio or is it still having a problem??
    Tropical Bill

Did you get your ESC to program to your Pistol radio or is it still having a problem??
    I could not get the tactic system to tune out enough throttle,so it just keeps on running,will try reprogramming the esc too.tried reverse throttle and and switched a couple wires on the motor too, no joy.Went to fm system and had to do some crazy tuning on all the settings to make it work,but the throttle feel is unpredictable at best.

Finally got the tactic system to work.Thanks Jim. u2 Bill.Goodbye antenna.

No problem Bill. Glad to help.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Well i havent posted since my issues but they fixed all my issues i took it to the river this memorial weekend and it ran great only thing im having trouble with is keeping the esc to stay put using two sided tape keeps falling off. other then that the boat runs great very fast self righted 99 outa the 100 only once did it not self right but the battery moved thats why.
    it has the 2150 rhino 3s and tactic radio "works better then the speky i had in it"

heres some pictures and a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeMOgPFwnsk

Quote Originally Posted by Opedopy View Post
    ... once did it not self right but the battery moved thats why.
    Yeah, the velcro isn't too hot IMHO. I'm glad you're having fun with your boat though.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast