Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1400mm Catamaran (Super Daytona) build.

Default 1400mm Catamaran (Super Daytona) build.

I'm trying to build a boat that hits triple digits on a buget.
    It my not happen but is my goal. I started with the Fightercat racing 60" hull.
    It was ordered yesterday. So I should get it in about a week.
    Today I bought a bunch of the hardware from HOR racing. I love this seller he is fast shipper and sells with my wallet in mind. I know that the parts are nock-offs. And that is part of the reason that they cost less. I See that other boats like the one I'm about to build use the same parts and they seem to work well. I should also add that I own a 42" Zonda that uses the same types of parts but on asmaller scale. I like them and the Design of the hulls. Both boats use Kevlar in there hulls. I think for this build that I will use some bracing that looks to make the boats much stronger. I already have The speed controls and the batteries. This will help with the cost of the build.
    twissted from speed. Lead, fallow or get out of the way. Copy cats in back of the buss!!!

Cost of yesterdays hull was 591 and some change.
    Todays order looks like this
    Products
    ------------------------------------------------------
    1 x 8mm - 1/4" stainless steel collet for dual motor setup (C8MM635V2P) = US $22.00
    2 x SSS 5694 1200kv 6 pole brushless motor with water cool (SSS56941200W) = US $210.00
    2 x 1/4" flexible cable with stub shaft 400mm long (FC400) = US $28.00
    1 x Vertical servo mount Version 2 (SM004) = US $10.00
    1 x Aluminum rudder (150mm) (AR150) = US $50.00
    1 x Stainless steel M5 x 25mm hex socket screw x 10 unit (SSHSM525) = US $1.40
    1 x Stainless steel M4 x 18mm hex socket screw x 10 unit (SSHSM418) = US $0.99
    1 x Stainless steel M5 5mm nylon lock nut x 10 unit (SSLNM5) = US $0.28
    2 x Waterproof push rod rubber seal bellow with aluminum fitting (GBAL007) = US $6.00
    1 x Aluminum stinger 1/4" shaft for catamaran (ASD010) = US $120.00
    2 x Aluminum cowl locks version 3 (CL003) = US $22.00
    2 x Aluminum water pickup flush type dual (WO009) = US $11.00
    2 x M5 brass water nipple (WO003) = US $2.00
    1 x Water outlet large (WO002) = US $2.30
    1 x Teflon tube 4mm 4m long (TB007) = US $10.00
    2 x 6.35mm (.25 or 1/4") drive dog stainless steel (DD001) = US $6.40
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sub-Total: US $502.37
    Airmail with Registered (Shipping to US : 1.0566666666667 kg(s)): US $86.82
    Total: US $589.19
    and this from MHZ power boats

You ordered the following products:
    pcs. Article Article-No. Single Price Total Price
    1 x Aluminium Hydropropeller 58mm - 2 blade - R
    14172.58R
    26,05 EUR 26,05 EUR
    1 x Aluminium Hydropropeller 58mm - 2 blade
    26,05 EUR 26,05 EUR
    1 x Aluminium Hydropropeller 61mm - 2 blade
    27,73 EUR 27,73 EUR
    1 x Aluminium Hydropropeller 61mm - 2 blade - R
    14171.61R
    27,73 EUR 27,73 EUR
    1 x Brass Teflon Tube 1/4" (6,35mm)
    10,92 EUR 10,92 EUR

Subtotal: 118,48 EUR

Manual delivery cost (Cost for shippment will be calculated manually in order to provide the most favourable price for each country): 0,00 EUR

Total, No Tax: 118,48 EUR

Total: 118,48 EUR
    twissted from speed. Lead, fallow or get out of the way. Copy cats in back of the buss!!!

"Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Gotta love a mhz order, get ya everytime! GL

triple digits easy with aluminum propellers.

Heads up .. the 1/4 brass&teflon tube you priced from MHZ wont suit the 1/4 flex shafts shown in the HOR order above it.

You need 11/32 to suit 1/4 flex.

W
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

Thx I will change it. They sent me a bill without giving me the 25.00 dollars off for signing up with them. You saved me! I will have them make changes with the billing.

Default Getting ahead of my self!

But I was looking at the redline rc and found the Central rc hobbies Mystic 73" boat for 599.00 I think this will be my build after this one. I'm currently building a one off 1/5 4X4 E-truck for racing and it is being put on hold while I build this boat. I did build the frame and servo mounts for the frame. So the truck will get finished before I look at another boat. But it is on my list of things to build now.
    You guys want to see the truck chassis that I'm talking about?

I my order these motors if I go to 12s. Same motors but with a lower kv. Here are the specs for it. My esc's are rated to 16s so it would be just motors and batteries.
    SSS 5694 6 pole 800kv motor.
    Type: 5694
    KV: 800
    Y/D: 3.5D
    Max Amp (A): 193
    Max Volt (V): 62
    Max Power (W): 12000
    Max RPM: 50K
    Non Load Current (A): 1.9
    Shaft Diameter (mm): 8
    Motor size diameter x length (mm): 56*94
    Gross weight (g): 900

drwayne the MHZ 135 that you ran in the video? what speeds are you getting?

I ordered 4mm sheet of carbon fiber for the motor mounts. 2mm should do it for the rest?

motor mounts http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...prod=ose-80076

mhz135 maxed ~75.
    It performed for 6 dates before gutted for kerosene burners ( but that's a mid 2013 build thread )
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

All the best with the build!! (and the thread)

Default Carbon fiber mounts

Quote Originally Posted by drwayne View Post

mhz135 maxed ~75.
    It performed for 6 dates before gutted for kerosene burners ( but that's a mid 2013 build thread )

These pictures are from a build that I'm using as a blue print. I bought 4mm sheet and 2mm sheet to make these pieces. I think this looks better.

Wow! I have to admit I didn't expect you to cut out mounts and bulkheads like that...nice work!

Looking like every boat builder will need to watermark their photos...
    "There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

Quote Originally Posted by keithbradley View Post
    Wow! I have to admit I didn't expect you to cut out mounts and bulkheads like that...nice work!
    Keith I know you that this build is one that your acquainted with this build. So you know that this isn't my work. also look at the thickness of the material. I'm using 4mm and 2mm graphite.

Quote Originally Posted by twissted View Post
    Keith I know you that this build is one that your acquainted with this build. So you know that this isn't my work. also look at the thickness of the material. I'm using 4mm and 2mm graphite.
    Holy crap man...I have no idea what that means.

Are you saying that someone else made mounts for you?...or this one is a different build?

"Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

These pictures are from a build that I'm using as a blue print. I bought 4mm sheet and 2mm sheet to make these pieces. I think this looks better.

Default I asked for it!

I knew that posting those pictures was going to be messy! No more pics untill the parts come in. I huul is on the way and should be here soon.

in a earlyer post I said that I was using these as a blue print. I don't have the boat yet so it would be hard to show pics like this with out one.

in a earlyer post I said that I was using these as a blue print. I don't have the boat yet so it would be hard to show pics like this with out one.
    Who's boat are the pics from Twissted? Did you get templates to make all that stuff, or are you just going off pics?

Look into offshoreelectrics.com, there is alot of parts for boats there, and they are in the us. Better shipping and speedy service too!

When I signed up with then I was told that I was able to use a 25.00 signing coupon. But after I placed the order they didn't offer it to me but said that they would place it on my next order. I don't do buissness this way and so I will be buying from another vender.

Default I found the post on the fightercat forums

Quote Originally Posted by keithbradley View Post
    Who's boat are the pics from Twissted? Did you get templates to make all that stuff, or are you just going off pics?
    I got the pictures from http://fightercat57.freeforums.org/f...uild-t495.html
    I like alot of what he's done. I will make my own templates with cardboard. I just wanted to show what I'm using as a Blue print. I will make so changes to make it my own work, but the ideas will be alot alike. The parts to this build will be custom as far as mounts go and a few other suprises that I will do to this hull to make it a one of a kind build. I don't drive the stuff I build much. I'm into the builds! Someday I would like to build a hull from scratch. I think this is a long way off, but it is a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by drwayne View Post

mhz135 maxed ~75.
    That sounds AWSOME!

When I signed up with then I was told that I was able to use a 25.00 signing coupon. But after I placed the order they didn't offer it to me but said that they would place it on my next order. I don't do buissness this way and so I will be buying from another vender.
    Right on this site is an excellent source of boat parts , offshoreelectrics.com. Fast shipping too, just my .02

Well I checked the tracking number for the fightercatracing shipment. I shows that the hull has never left the post office! Kevin Tells me that they never scan and that it is on the way. I have a hard time with this because when you get a tracking number it is scaned. But I have been wrong before. I have lost out on a pool cue from a custom builder a couple of years ago with this very scenario! I asked kevin to look into it and he said this is normal. I hope he is right. shipping took 11 days and for get the tracking number it showed up and show track the day recieved.
    Last edited by twissted; 12-25-2012 at 08:11 PM.

Super Daytona Fightercatracing Review. What piece of sh*t!!! The seams down the side are wavy, and over lap in and out , has holes that go al the way threw and air pocket every were. The inside has large air pocket and some of the kevlar Matting is hanging with no resin in it at all. The botttem of the boat didn't conform to the mold and lokks like crap as well Kevin the owner is responible forthe packing and the slow shipping. I would never buy from this company again. These hulls are gunk. I will post the pictures soon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast