Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Old Dominion Model Boat Association- Chesapeake, VA

I will run the XS2 and that's all I have ready at the moment.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

The Z27 is ready (after some tuning) but I have to work that Sat. I hope to at least stop by.
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Alright guys. Hopefully the post man will have a good week and I'll get a chance to see you guys.

This Saturday open water starts around 9:00 and races start at 10:30 One round then eat then the second round. See you there.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Unfortunately my radio did'nt come in today so I'm a scratch for tomorrow.

Good luck tomorrow guys.

That sucks bro!
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12
    My Gallery: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/album.php?u=1738

Sheeet Happens. At least I identified I had a radio problem before the season was over.

So how did it go??? Did you get the best of Tim yesterday Chuck???

Quote Originally Posted by Nautiboyz View Post
    So how did it go??? Did you get the best of Tim yesterday Chuck???
    Not quite, I was second behind him in heat 1 and flipped the boat in heat 2. So I will finish 2nd in points for the year.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Well congrats on taking the plunge this year!!! You did a great job with boats that were out of the norm for the hydro class. Tim is a good racer. I'm pretty sure he came in second in the district chase this year.

Congratulations Chuck. Sorry I couldn't even stop by as I had to go to Corolla NC on Saturday.
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Coming to District 12 ponds in 2011.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Happening this weekend!!!! Check it out if you've got time.

Nov 5-7 ELIZABETH CITY, NC Record Trial OLD DOMINION MODEL BOATING ASSOCIATION

Timed event for 1/16 mile SAW to be held at Fun Junction Park, 983 Simpson Ditch Road, Elizabeth City, NC 27909.

All IMPBA classes. No pre-registration is required, event starts when equipment is setup and working. CD: Don Ferrette, Assistant CD: Steve Sutton

Friday they set a couple records. Kentley set another Hydro record at 112mph, and Jerry from Seaducer had a 105mph pass if I believe.

Saturday was windy all day till about a hour before dark.
    I was able to set a new N-O/B Tunnel record with my Woodstuff 27" at 44.178mph.
    I worked all day trying to get a pass back and forth in 15+mph winds to up the T-O/B tunnel record with my big 40" Woodstuff, but had to settle with one way passes of 70.5mph and 73.289mph. When the wind finally settled I had exhausted my esc and it would cut out middle of the run so I will have to give it another try in April!

I wanna thank Don Ferrette for CD'ing the event and use of his drill, and Jerry at Seaducer for the drill bits and bolts...haha...yeah, blow offs suck!

I also wanna give Mike Crawford a HUGE thanks for his great tunnels. The T-O/B tunnel was super stable at 73mph and my April goal is now 80mph. Thanks Mike C!

They are out there again today, but the wind is suppose to be worse, so I hope it lays out!

Mike Luszcz
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Congratulations Mike. Nice Job!

One of these years when I have more time on my hands I'll make it out there.

Did Dick run this weekend?

Nice job Mike!! Congrats to ya! Thanks for the post. Kentley sure is unstoppable!!

-Kent
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12

Default Whoo Hoo!!

Congratulations Mike. Well done sir!!! Hopefully spring will bring some better conditions.
    The video of your T-Tunnel is SICK!!! I like it.

Chilli,
    Congratulations on winning the District Championship in B/P Hydro!!!
    Wear that jacket proudly sir, you earned it!

You guys are animals!!
    Doug
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Thanks Doug. It was a good year. Two firsts, a second and then the Chesapeake Race . Personal accomplishments aside, I'm very excited to see what 2011 brings to D12. Hopefully Doug will make it back up next year and we can show him how we have all stepped up our game. I also read on the gas board that "The Professor" John Finch will be selling all his nitro boats to invest in FE's. Our newly reelected District Director Don Ferette has done the same with his gas boats. There is no doubt we made an impression this year. There's no going back!!!
    Last edited by Chilli; 11-09-2010 at 10:09 PM.

Congrats on the B/P Hydro dist. 12 points win in 2010!!!...You deserve it!!! All of your time and effort getting things going for the FE guys has paid off!! Remember when we were talking about blazing some trails for ourselves in D. 12 with FE boats?!...those trails are now paths!!! Excellent work bro!!!

...and to you Doug..... ....we love ya bro!

-Kent
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12

Quote Originally Posted by HOTWATER View Post
    Remember when we were talking about blazing some trails for ourselves in D. 12 with FE boats?

-Kent
    Trails are not the only thing we blazed this year. Especially at the ODMBA race.

You got that right!! LOL!!! Oooooh that smell...............yuck!!! Why do ESC's smell so bad after they get toasted??
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12

anyone hear anything on the lake in chesapeake , if there gonna let us keep it or not yet?
    Insane Gen II Cat

I hope so bro! Dick Loeb would be the one to talk to about that....I am planning on coming back there next season.......I had a great time there with everyone!

-Kent
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12

Quote Originally Posted by HOTWATER View Post
    I hope so bro! Dick Loeb would be the one to talk to about that....I am planning on coming back there next season.......I had a great time there with everyone!

-Kent
    yea theres a bunch of nice guys there , i like hanging out when there racing
    Insane Gen II Cat

For those of you who do not know, ODMBA has a facebook account. I was checking it out and and found a updated from Tim on the Chesapeake Lake. It's about a week old.

Here is the link. You do not have to have a facebook account to view.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Old-Do...08&topic=14359

Update from my search: the land owners for 3 different sites have indicated that while they would like to allow us, they are unable to. Reason is, these sites are former sand pits which fall under some Federal regulations regarding mining and use thereof. Sorry for the bad news, but we'll keep looking. This would also be the reason why Oak Grove is an issue. That is very deep water.

I know that there are several sites in Va Beach which would allow FE, but not the IC guys and I'm focused to find alternate sites which would accommodate all. Incidentally, I have spoken with the landowner in Great Bridge who would love to have some boaters come out. He's mainly interested in chasing off and deterring water fowl. However, it's not the best site for lots of vehicles. Here's a link to his lake: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=3...13186&t=h&z=17

I'll try to call him again to discuss a larger group using his lake. Note the size and it is all freshwater. I'll let you know what he says.

Does anyone know anything about this site? http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=3...13186&t=h&z=17
    Already spoke with the landowner here, not interested because he's selling: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=h&...,0.009098&z=17

This one might be too windy: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=3...13186&t=h&z=17
    Last edited by Meniscus; 03-08-2011 at 12:30 PM.
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Ben, Funny you mention about the land owner who wants to keep the waterfowl out. The Capitol RC pond is located on a water polishing pond for a water treatment plant. The water authority wants us there (gas and FE) because we keep the geese off the pond. They figure a couple of boats running every few weeks is better for the water quality than 1000 pounds of goose turds. In DC, they have to empty out the reflecting pools regularly to shovel out the poop.

Don't know if that site would fly with houses on the other side of the pond? Someone is bound to start complaining. How about Lake Trashmore?

I've never run at Trashmore even though many other have. It's almost always rough water in my experience. That being said, there are some scale and sail guys there. We used to have a local guy that ran very, very large FE models there, some of them nearly as tall as Danny! For what it's worth, this is an ideal site, but haven't had any luck reaching the management company that owns the property: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=3...06593&t=h&z=18 I tried to secure access to that pond when I lived nearby. One things for sure, it's close proximity to current site and is all zoned industrial. No issues with locals.
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Mt trashmore isnt an option they dont allow any rc boats in the lake anymore after that guy died swimming to retrieve one last year

From what I understand ODMBA did find an alternate site in Va Bch last year but would like to keep the Indian River site if they could. It's already been surveyed and has a better setup for the club.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast