Thread: 1521 1.5D SprintCat20 prop selection??

Default 1521 1.5D SprintCat20 prop selection??

I'd like to sport around the lake in the high 50's =). Running 4s2p 5050mah, Hydra 240. Prop suggestions are much appreciated, thank you.

I run 1521 1.5D's in both of my P-Monos on 4S2P 5000 mah., one with a Hydra 240, one with a T-180. They weigh a little over 9 lbs rtr, and use a 450/3 . The setups are for heat racing, low to mid fifties; only maybe 2.5 minutes and the motors barely get warm. The Sprintcat should pull less amps, but more runtime for sport running may require a less agressive prop. Love these motors !
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    I run 1521 1.5D's in both of my P-Monos on 4S2P 5000 mah., one with a Hydra 240, one with a T-180. They weigh a little over 9 lbs rtr, and use a 450/3 . The setups are for heat racing, low to mid fifties; only maybe 2.5 minutes and the motors barely get warm. The Sprintcat should pull less amps, but more runtime for sport running may require a less agressive prop. Love these motors !
    I'll put that in my next order =)

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    So I ran a X646/3 this morning and a Prather S230. Prather didn't have the get up that the 646 had nor did it have the top speed. I ran for 6-7 minutes, NO heat on motor; controller or the batt's.... I "LOVE these motors" too!! Going to try the X455/3 when it arrives as well as the 450/3. Thank you for the prop suggestions, these motors do love the larger prop's..

Wink

That's really good to know...I have a 20 Sprint cat as well, but it is setup for nitro right now. Eventually I will be switching it over to FE with the same setup you have.

Great prop advice Tony!! Hope you are having good luck at the trials this weekend!! Let us know how things are going (or how they went)....

-Kent
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12
    My Gallery: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/album.php?u=1738

Quote Originally Posted by HOTWATER View Post
    That's really good to know...I have a 20 Sprint cat as well, but it is setup for nitro right now. Eventually I will be switching it over to FE with the same setup you have.

Great prop advice Tony!! Hope you are having good luck at the trials this weekend!! Let us know how things are going (or how they went)....

-Kent
    I've seen your sprintcat in the revolving boat pics on OSE forums main page, I wish I had ordered it in Yellow/White gelcoat like yours. Let me know if you need any tips, I'm sure you've got it sorted, but if you need any let me know.

Jarrett

Thanks bro...
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12
    My Gallery: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/album.php?u=1738

try a x648 if you have it, until you get your other props.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepers View Post
    try a x648 if you have it, until you get your other props.
    I thought about that too, I figured the S230 (similar diameter and pitch) would be a rocket but it just didn't have the stink. You think strut adjustments for larger 2 blade props? I've had better luck running 3 blades in cats than 2 for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by jingalls007 View Post
    You think strut adjustments for larger 2 blade props? I've had better luck running 3 blades in cats than 2 for some reason.
    the 230 is more aggressive than a 648, your having better luck with the 3 blades because of the extra blade area.

I think the 455/3 would be a bit much, a x452 x455 is what I would try next, before that big 3 blade.

whats the strut setting up now?

whats the strut setting up now?[/QUOTE]

Strut is set at 5/8... recommended setting for the higher RPM of the 1515 1Y, I don't know what's recommended with the lower kv 1521. The 1521 is a new motor for me and this cat, I look forward to testing as I think there is lots of room for it with this set up. Any recommendations are appreciated and welcome =). Where in Colorado are you exactly?

Jarrett

Quote Originally Posted by jingalls007 View Post
    Where in Colorado are you exactly?

Jarrett
    I would set the bottom of the strut even with the bottom of the sponsons, and work from there.

I am down in Pueblo.