Attachment 164516
    Attachment 164517

Attachment 164518

I use universal joints from cortis, in usa somewhere lol
    Never failed.
    What ever happened with this boat?

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod2604 View Post
    Looking good. Do you have an MPH goal?

Thanku, 80 plus would be fun, 100 mph would be even better! Im sure i will have to adjust my strut angle, cg with batteries and play with the motor timing and props before i can set any goals!

Hull is base coated and cleared, all together, leak/float tested, still need to add my prop and lipos, spun aluminum fuel tank should be here thursday, mags and wiring on the motor soon, Randy is working on a windshield decal and after some testing i hope to get some graphics done to finish her off! Looking forward to making some test passes soon!
    Looking good!!

Thanku, still some work to do but shouldnt be too long

I tried to get this painted, but I could not get a painter to do it. So we ended up using decals. It turned out better than I hoped for. I was able to get a hold of the sign shop that did the original wrap on this boat and they were kind enough to send me the artwork. So I resized it, printed it, then installed. I am still working on a working parachute because this boat coasts for a long time when slowing down and I dont want to apply brakes at speed. I plan on taking it to Lake Ming in two weeks to the drag boat races. They said I could run it down the course and get some pics. I will post pics when possible.20191004_120812.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by GoFastNow View Post
    I tried to get this painted, but I could not get a painter to do it. So we ended up using decals. It turned out better than I hoped for. I was able to get a hold of the sign shop that did the original wrap on this boat and they were kind enough to send me the artwork. So I resized it, printed it, then installed. I am still working on a working parachute because this boat coasts for a long time when slowing down and I dont want to apply brakes at speed. I plan on taking it to Lake Ming in two weeks to the drag boat races. They said I could run it down the course and get some pics. I will post pics when possible.20191004_120812.jpg
    Did you make it? any news?
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

What ever happened with this boat?
    Upgraded to lehner 3080/6, avoided the usa gearbox (not up to power available).. went WD200.... designed, created, tested, proved 600a esc for the lehner demands... hoping production starts soon at hifei
    It's always been Moe than the hull to get this running
    Hull has run dozens of times under various power systems... videos on ytb and fb.
    Never intnded these to be a cheap build !

Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

Quote Originally Posted by RandyatBBY View Post
    Did you make it? any news?
    Well, I was asked to bring it out last Friday, So on Wednesday I took it to the lake to make sure all was good. Got it lined up and pulled the trigger, and nothing happened. The boat was about 25 feet from shore, and I had no way to rescue it at the time. The wind was slowly pushing it towards shore, but after about 20 - 25 minutes, it sank. Come to find out, there was a small pencil sized hole (for motor mounts) that did not get covered by decals. Main problem was, set screw on motor coupler came loose. So..., no, I did not take it to lake Ming because I want it to perform like it can for the crowd. I would have not been happy for all this to happen in front of a crowd of Drag Boat fans waiting so see this thing fly. Its funny, the few people that have seen it, cant believe that this Model thing can go 100+ mph. More than one guy said " ya, but thats scale mph right? I reply "nope, thats real 100 mph" People are dazzled.

On another note: I have done a little more testing, and was finally able to get some data from my ESC. From zero to 78mph took right at 2 seconds, pulling a max of 277 amps. I am able to go full throttle from the start and have yet to hold it FT for more than 2 seconds. I probably need about 500 feet of water for zero to 100 mph. On launch, it gets a little pissed off a first, but settles in and goes fast right now!. I am just getting started with this boat, and I will post results as they come. I plan on being ready for lake Ming next month.

Quote Originally Posted by drwayne View Post
    Upgraded to lehner 3080/6, avoided the usa gearbox (not up to power available).. went WD200.... designed, created, tested, proved 600a esc for the lehner demands... hoping production starts soon at hifei
    It's always been Moe than the hull to get this running
    Hull has run dozens of times under various power systems... videos on ytb and fb.
    Never intnded these to be a cheap build !

Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @
    I have no idea what this means, but thats ok. Can you tell where YT videos are, I followed your project on here while I waited for mine to be built, until there
    was no more info on your boat. The videos I did see, it looked to be a bit ill handling, did you ever get it dialed in?

Well, I was asked to bring it out last Friday, So on Wednesday I took it to the lake to make sure all was good. Got it lined up and pulled the trigger, and nothing happened. The boat was about 25 feet from shore, and I had no way to rescue it at the time. The wind was slowly pushing it towards shore, but after about 20 - 25 minutes, it sank. Come to find out, there was a small pencil sized hole (for motor mounts) that did not get covered by decals. Main problem was, set screw on motor coupler came loose. So..., no, I did not take it to lake Ming because I want it to perform like it can for the crowd. I would have not been happy for all this to happen in front of a crowd of Drag Boat fans waiting so see this thing fly. Its funny, the few people that have seen it, cant believe that this Model thing can go 100+ mph. More than one guy said " ya, but thats scale mph right? I reply "nope, thats real 100 mph" People are dazzled.

On another note: I have done a little more testing, and was finally able to get some data from my ESC. From zero to 78mph took right at 2 seconds, pulling a max of 277 amps. I am able to go full throttle from the start and have yet to hold it FT for more than 2 seconds. I probably need about 500 feet of water for zero to 100 mph. On launch, it gets a little pissed off a first, but settles in and goes fast right now!. I am just getting started with this boat, and I will post results as they come. I plan on being ready for lake Ming next month.
    Sorry for your scare. it is allways the little things that get us.

If we ever get together up in Northern California we have lake Merced in SF that is just great place. Drivers stand is about 30 feet up on a hill and the lake is a mile long.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/L...4269,15z?hl=en
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

Wow, Lake Merced looks nice. Here is where I have been going. I run where the white markers are. The island makes it hard to go full speed across the lake without hitting ground.

Screenshot_2019-10-24 Google Maps.jpg

Ron is your boat sealed up all the way? Was curious when i saw your photos, looked like u had the esc wires coming out the back of the capsule and the hull was not sealed, just curious, i put a back on my capsule and sealed the hull completely, hope for the best i guess to not have that problem, still waiting on some stuff on mine, not in a rush!

Your boat has definitely gave us all some inspiration to get ours done, it would be awesome to get us all together and have a play day, lake ming or up north is good with me!

Ron is your boat sealed up all the way? Was curious when i saw your photos, looked like u had the esc wires coming out the back of the capsule and the hull was not sealed, just curious, i put a back on my capsule and sealed the hull completely, hope for the best i guess to not have that problem, still waiting on some stuff on mine, not in a rush!
    No mine is not sealed up all the way around. When I drive this monster, I set it in the water, then walk about 250 ft down the shoreline, line it up straight with the shoreline, then send it. When it comes to a stop, give a few small blips of throttle to get to shore then pick it up out of the water. No oval course for my boat. This seems to work great, and I am not tearing up parts from running a full charges thru it. To me, 12 cells is a little.....well, it will get your attention right now, so I am careful with where and when I drive it. As far as getting together, I have a open invite to bring these to Lake Ming drag boat races, I am sure they would like to see more than one. I think if this was put in front of the right people (Drag boat people), Randy would sell a bunch of this boat.

How did u recover it when it sank, how deep was it?

How did u recover it when it sank, how deep was it?
    The boat was in about 4 feet of water when it sank. The sponsons were sticking straight up about about 5" above water. A $140 billet steering servo leaked and its trash, all else is good. I plan to put a go-pro on it this week, it should show mph, g-force telemetry. Should be cool, I will post when I run it.

Well atleast it didnt go to the bottom, sucks about your steering servo, i guess the sponsons filled with foam is a good thing! Glad thats all u have to replace, lookin forward to getting my batteries and gps asap so i can finally get some test passes!

I am new to this, so bear with me! I am building a replica of my fathers 1967 Stevens flatty using a SK Daddle 60 kit. I have a seeking 180 and a leopard 4082 1600 KV motor going to try and keep this thing under 6 lbs. hopefully it will be fast enough. My plan is to have a servo controlled cav plate, will post some pictures soon. My father raced top fuel in the 60's and my mother finally had enough of him traveling all over the place so she said the car goes or she goes, well my father sold the cars and bought a Stevens took one of the Hemi's and put a 1050 dominator on it called it a family boat to make my mom happy. He then decided he was going to race the boat, he held the record on Perris lake for a bit in un-blown gas flat, then proceeded to build one of the TF hemis to run on gas needles to say mom was not pleased. I came across this thread and Love you guys work quality stuff, and noticed most of you are local I am in Frazier Park, I have the 1/6 th scale hemi that I am going to make the block out of glass then re assemble it, I have a question for Jrod where did you get the spun fuel tanks and are the hollow?

The spun fuel tanks i got from a guy back east who builds pullers, the 2 i have are a bit small for the hydro i have but may work on a smaller hull, yes they are hollow and do not hold fuel, they are basically just for looks

Sorry for the late reply, havnt been on the Forum in a bit

Hey guys, has anyone checked on Mack products for a V drive unit?
    Look down the page here: http://www.mackproductsrc.com/power%20units%20-%20q.htm

I was thinking the nylon gears m would be quieter/more efficient. Just a thought.

Cool

It depends on the power used. The 1541 unit is not a vee-drive per se, the gears are parallel to each other (see below). Using universals to achieve a ?vee-drive? functionality may cause unwanted vibration at high power levels. We don't know the gear pitch, which does matter - at high power levels a lower pitch is an advantage as I was told years ago by the owner of MRP. He used a higher finer pitch ratio in his gear box than Hughey did (32 vs 24) and regretted that choice.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    It depends on the power used. The 1541 unit is not a vee-drive per se, the gears are parallel to each other (see below). Using universals to achieve a ?vee-drive? functionality may cause unwanted vibration at high power levels. We don't know the gear pitch, which does matter - at high power levels a lower pitch is an advantage as I was told years ago by the owner of MRP. He used a higher finer pitch ratio in his gear box than Hughey did (32 vs 24) and regretted that choice.
    Thanks for the input Jay but I was thinking more of the 2800 drives. Thinking one motor and two props. I do imagine the same gears are used.
    I just reread description and it states up to 1.5 cu in max gas motor. Gonna have to do some math,lol

Hi Guys, any new news, pics, videos? Im trying to get some racing going in Ca. My user name stands for RC Drag Boat Association. I have a Facebook page also called RCDBA. I would love to get any content on there you guys have. Hoping to get my deposit in on a 1/6th next week. Currently I have 1/10th scale hydros.

RCDBA I am in CA and almost done with a replica of my dads old Stevens check it out https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...my-first-Build

Ranger, dude...that’s amazing! Where in Ca are you?

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast