Thread: Northside of Chicago

Default Northside of Chicago

Just curious where do you guys or girls run boats in and around Chicago land area?

Hi Dave,

Myself and REDLINE1 (Mark) run at Volkening Lake in Schaumburg in the summer. The sailboat guys are out there every other weekend so we try and go on the opposite weekends when we can. I live downtown and have to drive out to the suburbs because for the most part, all Cook County forest preserve lakes/ponds are off limits to us. I used to go the the lake at the FAA headquarters building just west of 294 on Devon, but have been chased out by a security guard more than once. Cricket Creek in Addison has a lake dedicated to RC boats (southern lake) and a nice launch. You have to walk about 2 minutes from the parking lot, so difficult to bring multiple boats if you're by yourself. It's a bit limited size wise for anything faster than 60mph. Hope to see you out there sometime. Ryan
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Hi Ryan, thanks for yer reply, i used to run my boat at a small pond in northbrook around dundee and sanders got to small and too many weeds, My mom lives at Friendship Village on schumburg rd with a private lake on grounds. thinking about going there if and when i get boat ready. Don't think anyone will bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveknitter View Post
    Hi Ryan, thanks for yer reply, i used to run my boat at a small pond in northbrook around dundee and sanders got to small and too many weeds, My mom lives at Friendship Village on schumburg rd with a private lake on grounds. thinking about going there if and when i get boat ready. Don't think anyone will bother.
    Volkening Lake is less than a mile down the road from Friendship Village, right by the high school.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)