Thread: Michigan Property with Private Pond

Default Michigan Property with Private Pond

Hey Guys,
    Those that don't know, I'm a real estate appraiser. I had to put this out there for anyone who may be interested. I see this as an ideal place for an individual thick in this hobby and a location capable of hosting club racing along with possible larger events.

So this is a log looking cabin at 1,534 sf with 3 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms and a full walk-out basement. It sets on a private pond with a nice sized barn and possible drivers stand close to the water. This pond is ideal size for an oval course and even enough to add an offset buoy for offshore. Additionally, there is a second pond to the NW which is longer and narrower and could be enough for SAW. There are a couple other residential properties around the ponds with only one looking like its occupied year a round. I could be wrong about that.

I conducted a property inspection on this recently. It is (???) currently under contract for sale, but that may be changing soon as the closing needs to occur by 6/12/18 or the property will be in possession of the lender and will be later offered as a foreclosure sale. Based on a conversation with the listing agent it appears that may be what happens unless a cash buyer shows up quick and has the means to get a sale closed before 6/12/18.

This property is at 11500 Furbush Road in Holly Twp, MI. That’s about 45 miles NW of Detroit and 10 miles SE of Flint. Or about 20 miles west of Leonard where the 2018 FE Nationals is being held. It does set just west of a major highway (I-75), but the view and noise is pretty well screened by large pine trees. It’s currently offered at $219,900 by Ryan Newman with Re/Max Select. He can be reached at (248) 600-2048.

Anyway… I’m not advertising this for any benefit to myself. Just passing along a sweet honey hole that I’d love to see a fellow boater make good use out of.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dethow; 06-01-2018 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Spelling Error
    Have fun with that....

Well isn’t that something!! That’s what I’m looking for, wrong country but what a setting!

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    well isn’t that something!! That’s what i’m looking for, wrong country but what a setting!
    lol!

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Well isn’t that something!! That’s what I’m looking for, wrong country but what a setting!
    Your more than welcome to become an American Shawn so on that note. buy it and my boats and I will come and visit. lol

That’s peanuts!!!

Holy crap!

What are the yearly taxes?
    Nortavlag Bulc

I’m buying lottery tickets today, I never do usually.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    What are the yearly taxes?
    They were $2,435 for 2017.
    Have fun with that....

Would be a great place for races (out in the country, no close neighbors to complain about noise) plenty of parking around the other side.
    If I remember right, that pond used to be stocked with fish (perch, bass) and inside the house was beautiful. Another plus: after racing, fishing tournament time: with a fish fry afterword. Wish I had the $$$, do it in a heartbeat.
    Only downfall I see: seaweed in the dead of summer, it fills up.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnc View Post
    Only downfall I see: seaweed in the dead of summer, it fills up.
    Yeah... I'd put a couple of these out there to help curb algae/seaweed problems.

Fountain.jpg
    Have fun with that....

Taxes are fairly reasonable.

Many places in Ontario that same patch would sell for at least $1 million Canadian, some places triple that.

Of course we’re almost at bubble levels right now.....
    Nortavlag Bulc

Wow. I don't even want to think about what that would cost out here in the San Diego area. If only I had family back there in MI.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to use it in a fruit salad.
    PB BlackJack 29 / AQ Motley Crew / Tenshock Mini ECO / Phil Thomas Stealth

Guys.... Guys....

There are also places in Michigan (not so far away) that this same property would cost 2 to 3 times more. Heck, put this same property in Bloomfield Hills which is only about 25 miles SE and the land alone would be worth close to a million.

This is a rural area which gets a little farther out then most want to commute for work. And even thou its close to Flint... Well, Flint isn't exactly a hot spot thanks to our wonderful governor. But then again it wasn't even that hot before our governor and the tainted water thing.

Plus this property is being sold at a discounted price due to its slightly outdated appeal and situation of almost being taken by the bank in foreclosure. With about $25k and some elbow grease this place could probably be close to $300k in value.
    Have fun with that....

This property is back on market and available at a new reduced price of $185,000.
    Have fun with that....

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Taxes are fairly reasonable.

Many places in Ontario that same patch would sell for at least $1 million Canadian, some places triple that.

Of course we’re almost at bubble levels right now.....
    Ummm like Vancouver?? Lol .
    They do exist around the city but never for sale and if they were...