Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ML Boatworks RSX380 , The big brother to the RSX310, 38", 6s lipo- Q FE Rigger!

Default ML Boatworks RSX380 , The big brother to the RSX310, 38", 6s lipo- Q FE Rigger!

Well, the 6s version design is now finished. It is the RSX380, 38" FE rigger. Shown in the plans here are a 40x82 motor with water cooler, and a 6s 5000mah pack, which you can see, fits fine. The tub is 4-1/4" wide, so there is plenty of room in this hull. Like the RSX240 design I just finished, I need to do the cowling plug and mold for this hull, but the wood kit, is done. More on this soon! Mike

-
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Hi Mike
    Will you be able to supply these with turn fins also? Keen as mustard for one so put me down for one when they are ready.
    Cheers
    Peter.
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

Peter, yes, that should not be an issue having fins for this, or the 24" version.
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Dangit Mike,

I'm building the 171 and 172. Now I gotta get this too. Nice works buddy!

The framing for the RSX240 and RSX380 cowling plugs arrived. So now, I will be starting on them. The 240 is easy as I can cut down the RSX310 cowling pictured, but the RSX380 will need a larger cowling, so I will have to make one up from scratch.

-

Any news on this one Mike?
    If not today, maybe to morrow..
    HPR C5009 twin TP power 4082 2390kv 95mph, Sprit Cat 36 singel Proteus 65mph, Baby SV43 TP power 5850 920kv 12s 70mph

Just replied to you on IW. I am going to get to work on this cowling plug probably next week. Just gotta finish up some of these other plugs I had started first! Thanks, Mike

Finally started on the RSX380 cowling plug last night. I will get it finished in a couple weeks. This will finish out the 240, 310, and 380 hulls, and eventually, I am going to do a gas rigger. Mike

The fin Kevin makes for the 38 is likely the same one I run on my Q sport. Awesome piece of engineering and craftsmanship.
    Noisy person

Yep, it will be Kevins 40 fin I offer with this. He definately does excellent work! Im impressed with the quality, and turn around time!

You can hang a lot of G's on that material too.
    Noisy person

Hi Mike
    How are these coming along. Any idea when the kits will be ready?
    Peter.
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

Hey Peter, The kit itself is fully designed, and has been cut. I just need to finish up this plug. I have an order for one of these kits, so I need to get the cowling done. I am hoping shortly. Always so busy, but this is on the list! Mike

I finally sat down and forced myself to find time for this. This is the RSX380 cowling plug, next to the RSX240 cowling. So far so good. I plan on having this finished by next week, and a mold made.

-

Cowling plug is all but done. Just need to wet sand it, buff, and make the mold. Once that is done, this kit will be on sale on the website. Mike

Well, after wayyyy to long, the RSX380 cowling plug is done, and the mold is being made tonight. The kit will be on the website next week! Mike

Mold finished! I will let it sit a few days before pulling it from the plug. Mike

-

The 380 mold is trimmed, sanded, polished, and mold released...First part layup tonight!

Here is the first RSX380 kit and cowling, off to Canada!

Mike,
    As usual, absolutely top shelf. Maybe a project for next winter. Guess I forgot to hit send earlier.I meant to send this morning. Brain fade
    Bob

How do you guys feel about the rear skis? Are they necessary with the power we have available today?

Mark

I would not modify the kit Mark, run it like it is!

Well I guess i will do a small build on this model. I just got the tub done. Took me 2 days, mostly because I'm slow and no instructions. I made an error on the rear skis and had to remove them. That wasn't my intention but having a senior moment can do that to you. I will work on the sponsons next and just post pics as I finish things up and make note of any changes I may do. I bought all the recommended pieces from Zip kits and will use the 310 thread as a guide to build this kit. My thoughts so far is the kit is very nice and not to many pieces to glue up. This comes from someone who has never built from a wood kit before.

Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images

This kit was designed with “the power we have available today”. There were several in my old club, they ran very well once set up.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Any of them run on 6s and have the skis removed? I had mine half way done when I realized I glued them upside down. I should have taking a pic before I ripped them off.

Mark

They were all Q Sport Hydros, I raced against them. I believe they were all built exactly as the plans showed.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Well I'm glad they were all built to plans Jay. Were they also the same kit I'm building? Did any of them glue the skis upside down like I did?
    Here is a pic showing how much room is in this boat. Those are 6s 5000 packs with room to move them back and forth 2". That's a 4070 motor. Looks pretty small in there. I think i will be able to get all the equipment in this boat without having to use the cowl.

Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like you got room to scoot the batteries up to the forward frame and get a decent sized ESC between the batts and the motor... But your right, it looks tight!

It all comes down to how it balances out once the boat is complete. I do have room to put the esc in the front compartment if necessary but my point is the boat has plenty of room everywhere. I'm very happy to have all this space and not have to jamb everything in. Kudos to Mike for designing a nice Q boat. I'm looking forward to getting the boat done and running. It's going to be a fast boat and I think a winner. The boat doesn't come with plans so I had no plans to build from, and I made a mistake on the rear shoes. My bad but I don't think it's going to be a problem though. More pics to come as i get them.

Mark

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast