Thread: Tfl emec f1

Default Tfl emec f1

Purchased as EMEC F1.
    Graphics sticker says F1 EMIC (EMIRATES RACING TEAM).
    it's finally here.

SDC10677.jpg

SDC10676.jpg

SDC10678.jpg

SDC10681.jpg

SDC10680.jpg

Wire in BEC, & RX, secure the ESC, install the F1 Drive System, and adjust servo.

That is a sweet looking boat there!!

But....the water pickup is in the tunnel?
    I had the same issue with my Tenshock F1. They put the water pickup in the same place too. YOu can see the patch I put in on the second pic.
    I changed the cooling pickup to a through hull design in the rear sponson.

I have not finished the touch up pant in the pic.

Cheetah, Super Rio, (Mod) Starship (Mod and sold),

Something about these that really intrigues me - Very interesting power module - I'm going to tag along here.................
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Quote Originally Posted by larryrose11 View Post
    That is a sweet looking boat there!!

But....the water pickup is in the tunnel?
    I had the same issue with my Tenshock F1. They put the water pickup in the same place too. YOu can see the patch I put in on the second pic.
    I changed the cooling pickup to a through hull design in the rear sponson.

I have not finished the touch up pant in the pic.

hey larry, i wish i could paint so well, i do ok.
    the water pick up did yours work properly? or is this an improper place?
    i want to just get it on the water, and then decide to do all the after market parts i purchased, for now the'll just wait.

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    Something about these that really intrigues me - Very interesting power module - I'm going to tag along here.................
    PC, i've tagged along with quite a few things through out the years here you've done.
    i had to re-join a new because of a hack, it happens.
    you have been one of my mentors here at OSE. i have still a lot to learn and larryrose has me researching more on molds, plugs and CF and vacuums and such. i never would of thought i'd be fabbn' but i want to learn more then just shaken' a can.
    the reason i purchased this is because of my Stiletto something of the look of TH's "Fighter Jets on water" as my sail boats are like flying kites on water. slow boats, fast boats as long as it floats.
    so as long as i can learn and breathe, this place is one of the very best thanks to builders like you and larryrose.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillwet View Post
    hey larry, i wish i could paint so well, i do ok.
    the water pick up did yours work properly? or is this an improper place?
    Well, a water pickup needs to p be in the water, right? The tunnel won't see much of it while running.
    So, yes, where I put the water pickup is a good place to do that. What I did was no different than this:
    https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...prod=ose-80400
    I just made mine myself, for what would work for my application.

Stillwet, Did you get your Cauldwell on the water?

2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    i'll get more butter for you, it hasn't gotten wet yet. i'm doing the 800S build which i started before the EMEC came,
    what's neat is the scratch build part of that project. soon the F1 will see the beach.
    sorry for any delays. you have to realize i enjoy building models static and motion (Drones bore me, pictures from them are neat
    but i do not think i'd ever own one, helicopter yes) Boats are my favorite i love water period, cars trucks and planes are heck of fun but they are not boats, i still believe trains are the most fascinating, their strength, their ability and the shear looks be it modern or history's past, trains help build this nation and from time to time i work on two sets N and Z scale, it is a place of a great small world.
    So even by now i'd thought someone would had chimed on here that had the EMEC and or the Caudwell for any further experience. so happy motoring to you.