Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: My new zelos 36 twin!

When will spare parts be available?
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Charging batts, almost ready to head to the lake......
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Made some runs. Still was too rough. We've had some really bad weather other the past few days so I'm not surprised. It's still went 70.1mph tho. Here's some video still stock

And another. Just barely clipped the tree, you can hear it if you listen. Was trying to get a closer video of it....too close lol. Please excuse the expletive when I flip it lol

I would like to add. I went through two sets of packs yesterday. This is a very fun boat to drive. The two times I did flip it, I knew better but I went fast into the wind anyway. The wind was very strong yesterday and I'm not surprised it flipped and didn't learn my lesson the first time. Just couldn't help it, the boat looked so planted that I felt like it was going to stay put. Well at 70+ it's probably packing a lot of air so the inevitable will happen. I suppose in the 50-60mph range its Easly going to handle rough conditions. I'm impressed with how smooth and flat this hull handles. I've taken a liking with this hull. I'm really anxious to do a high end build on one. I think this thing is capable of some serious speeds with minor upgrades. Hers some on the water pics

Looks awesome too I like this hull design

Quote Originally Posted by Mxkid261 View Post
    Looks awesome too I like this hull design

Man pics do no justice. Wait till you drive one.

what do you think about an air dam?

Trav, I'm waiting to see it painted! lol

Great video. told you she could handle the chop. The wind, running in to it, now that another story
    Rafael Lopez
    Product Developer-Pro Boat
    My Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010183246751

It's going to be interesting to see how these run with the bigger motors I installed in mine. Rafael, haven't you tried yours with the IM31 motors already??

I mean, seriously... 70mph AND flips and it's still in one piece? Haven't broken one yet, so we haven't gone fast enough, right?
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Darin, No I've been too busy to try the impulse motors in mine. I have them, just haven't put them in there yet.

You're right, we haven't broken a boat yet, even cracked the hull, so we need to push them harder **those of us that didn't pay for them, unless you don't care if you crack one you paid for**
    Rafael Lopez

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael_Lopez View Post
    Trav, I'm waiting to see it painted! lol

Great video. told you she could handle the chop. The wind, running in to it, now that another story
    Well I thought I'd have it painted before my surgery but I don't think that's going to happen. I leave in 10 days and I'm having a bit of fun with it right now. I want to take it to the next level on the next outing by trying different props. I forgot them yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    I leave in 10 days and I'm having a bit of fun with it right now.
    Trav, I'd be happy to babysit the zelos for you if you need me too!

Thanks for all the info and videos as usual, this looks to be a great boat and the running attitude looks awesome.
    I've been going back and forth between the 36 and 48 but the 36 might just make more sense all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaux View Post
    what do you think about an air dam?
    I dunno. May be a good idea buddy! I may try that out. Running into the wind was just an error on my part as it looked quite planted....all it takes is that one little gust!

Quote Originally Posted by pistol18 View Post
    Trav, I'd be happy to babysit the zelos for you if you need me too!

Thanks for all the info and videos as usual, this looks to be a great boat and the running attitude looks awesome.
    I've been going back and forth between the 36 and 48 but the 36 might just make more sense all around.
    I bet you would! I'll have some ore info for you guys in the next few days. It's getting dark much later now so I can go to the lake after work. I've got three props left to finish up and I'll be ready to hit the water again.

What are you thinking this will do with more prop, 80?

Quote Originally Posted by Mxkid261 View Post
    What are you thinking this will do with more prop, 80?
    O I think it has 80 in it with the stock electronics and a prop change. I've seen 10+mph gains with abc props over similar octura.

O I think it has 80 in it with the stock electronics and a prop change. I've seen 10+mph gains with abc props over similar octura.
    Travis, that would be so cool if you can get that out of this boat !
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    Travis, that would be so cool if you can get that out of this boat !
    We are gonna see. I don't mind pushing the stock stuff to see what it can handle. I've got it almost ready for tomorrow to run it again. I need one more stock baseline (I think it's got a little more in it stock) before I start changing props. I can't make it to the lake today but I will tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Thumbs up

We are gonna see. I don't mind pushing the stock stuff to see what it can handle. I've got it almost ready for tomorrow to run it again. I need one more stock baseline (I think it's got a little more in it stock) before I start changing props. I can't make it to the lake today but I will tomorrow. Stay tuned.
    Right on man !
    text my phone with the video when you get it done..
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Not sure if Raphael posted this yet but it's worth a watch

I posted that on the other threads, I think.

Thanks for posting it.
    Rafael Lopez

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael_Lopez View Post
    I posted that on the other threads, I think.

Thanks for posting it.

I was hoping you didn't mind. Meant to text you but figured you'd be glad. Trying to make sure everyone sees it as it has much needed info.

Here is mine I just received it today, and it is a perfect match for my remote dx4r
    1 - 8h31ms7.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mercer2 View Post
    Here is mine I just received it today, and it is a perfect match for my remote dx4r
    1 - 8h31ms7.jpg
    Rad! That matches really well.
    Rafael Lopez

Quote Originally Posted by Mercer2 View Post
    1 - 8h31ms7.jpg
    That looks great man, I can't wait to get mine. Rafael I hope another boat doesn't come out anytime soon. I haven't even gotten a decent run on my 1 month old Voracity and these guys talking about changing props and what not.

Nice videos!
    I'm planning to buy this boat but I'm a little afraid of flipping the boat in every run, I have miss geico and it always flips when the water is a little rough or driving against wind. I drive on the sea and need to use motor boat for fetching...

Has anyone tried to install a servo controlled front spoiler to rc boat ?

Quote Originally Posted by mariner View Post
    Nice videos!
    I'm planning to buy this boat but I'm a little afraid of flipping the boat in every run, I have miss geico and it always flips when the water is a little rough or driving against wind. I drive on the sea and need to use motor boat for fetching...

Has anyone tried to install a servo controlled front spoiler to rc boat ?
    It would probably be a lot more work than it is worth to have it servo controlled. I think most people that install an air dam just 3M tape it in a certain position and leave it there. I don't think you will have an issue with flipping as much as your geico does. The zelo's seems like it stays planted to the water quite well, I think Travis was running his around 70mph in like 20+ mph winds

I also have the same boat, I got it about a week ago. I’m curious about the water pick ups in the bottom. Are they good enough to cool the motors and esc’s sufficiently? I’m only asking because I’ve only had the boat for about a week and yesterday was the first time I ran it hard. It ran beautifully, but when I opened the hatch after the second run and second pair of batteries, I got a slight puff of smoke come out. Nothing was melted or extremely hot so I just let it cool down. There is water in the lines every time I open it up after running the boat. I can’t see if there is water coming out of the fittings on the side though. I’m running 2 Power Hobby Pro Lipo 3S 3 Cell 11.1v 5200mah 50c batteries with 2c charge rate 50c continuous and 100c burst. The other 2 batteries are Arrow RC Pro Lipo 3S 3 Cell 11.1v 5200mah 50c with a 3c charge rate 50c Continuous 100c burst. I run these batteries in pairs, not all 4 at once. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I’m curious because I have a pair of custom props on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Njpp21@aol.com View Post
    I also have the same boat, I got it about a week ago. I’m curious about the water pick ups in the bottom. Are they good enough to cool the motors and esc’s sufficiently? I’m only asking because I’ve only had the boat for about a week and yesterday was the first time I ran it hard. It ran beautifully, but when I opened the hatch after the second run and second pair of batteries, I got a slight puff of smoke come out. Nothing was melted or extremely hot so I just let it cool down. There is water in the lines every time I open it up after running the boat. I can’t see if there is water coming out of the fittings on the side though. I’m running 2 Power Hobby Pro Lipo 3S 3 Cell 11.1v 5200mah 50c batteries with 2c charge rate 50c continuous and 100c burst. The other 2 batteries are Arrow RC Pro Lipo 3S 3 Cell 11.1v 5200mah 50c with a 3c charge rate 50c Continuous 100c burst. I run these batteries in pairs, not all 4 at once. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I’m curious because I have a pair of custom props on the way.
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...ht=#post708972

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast