Thread: Power Hobby lipo

Default Kinexsis lipo

Anyone use kinexsis lipo batteries? Are they any good?
    Last edited by be8843; 03-11-2017 at 12:05 PM.

Never heard of them. I have been using Turnigy and Rvolectrix graphene 3S packs over the last season with good results. You want a pack with a high C rating and the Kinexsis you mentioned seemed to only be 30C. 50+ is preferred for faster electric boat applications.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I would be using these on my stock stealthwake. If I like them I'll get the larger c rated batteries for my next boat.

Quote Originally Posted by be8843 View Post
    I would be using these on my stock stealthwake. If I like them I'll get the larger c rated batteries for my next boat.
    IMO, wasted money. Why not spend only a little extra now, and then you have a larger cache of batteries that can be used in any of your boats later on? An alternative theory anyways, and not my money to spend.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Good point, I also don't see where the kinexsis has anything over a 35c.

Where do you get your turnigy batteries from?

Hobbyking. I get the Revo's from OSE.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Can you get revo batteries on here with the ec5 connector?

Quote Originally Posted by be8843 View Post
    Can you get revo batteries on here with the ec5 connector?
    They come with bare leads. Solder on whatever connector you like.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

You can order direct from Revolectrix Singapore with what ever connectors you want. Delivery time is about 5 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
    You can order direct from Revolectrix Singapore with what ever connectors you want. Delivery time is about 5 days.
    That's what I did last night. I hope it's 5 days. My Miss Geico 29 should come in next week

I like tracking the orders from them. They go through three foreign wars and still make it in record time.

I'm hoping so, mine hasn't shipped yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
    Took your advice and ordered a pair the other day, thanks. Quick question though pls. For 10.00 more than I usually buy, the 5000Mah 420 3s, I bought a pair of 435's, assuming I can charge them to that number. Preliminary investigation into my owners manual indicated my charger will only charge up to 4.20v ( Ultra Power UP200AC DUO ) so what am I to do? Do any of you guys know if there is a work around to charge these up to the 4.35v, or am I stuck charging a 4.35v to only 4.20v, which probably isn't good for the battery at worse, and at best I pissed away an additional 10.00 per battery that I can't get the most out of. Thanks

Your charger would need a LiHV setting to charge to 4.35V. You can charge a 435 pack to 4.2 with no problems, in fact, the pack life will be increased because of it, all other conditions being equal. However, the rated capacity in mAh is based on a 4.35V charge, so if you charge to 4.2V, the packs will output less than 5000mAh. How much less, I don't know off the top of my head.

IMO, you spent $20 you didn't need to and got batteries that weren't the best match for your needs.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    IMO, you spent $20 you didn't need to and got batteries that weren't the best match for your needs.
    Clearly in retrospect, yes. I figured with eventual upgrades to esc and motor these would be beneficial, however the chargers ability to charge them didnt occur to me until later. Perhaps I can trade them even up for a set of new 420's? I bought them with no connector terminals. They should arrive next week.

That charger WILL charge to 4.35, it does give you warning though. I used to use the same charger and still do from time to time. I have never charged any pack over 4.27. The 4.35 packs in my opinion are a safer more stable blend with headroom. Most of my packs are the hv blends and compared to my 4.20 packs stay cooler and seem to hold strong a little longer.

Take note.
    If you do change the voltage setting to 4.35V/cell, make sure you don't charge any standard 4.2V/cell packs on that setting.

The problem I had with that charger is the batt profile saving. You can for example set it to remember to charge to 4.35/5800 mah. It will remember the 4.35v part (4.27 for mine) but (mine anyways) I would have to change the mah setting every time. Got annoying quick especially with multiple packs with different ratings. I had enough and saved up for the PL8 with the parallel x6 board. Will never look back!!

Thanks Erroneous and 785. I was considering saving the profile to distinguish between the 420's and 435's. I see it can manually be upped to 4.30v. Sorry to OP as well for the thread jack. Thanks guys.
    Last edited by Linewbie; 06-03-2017 at 06:08 PM.

Check all the settings EVERY TIME! Its a great charger but make sure its set up before charging.

Thanks. Navigating around the programs is taking me a little time as Im entirely new to this hobby and tech. User manual is mediocre at best.