Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Venom/Atomik New 58 Inch Electric Catamaran

thats what i thought as well.nice looking boat though....

What happen to the planning and development,
    And now the motors are taking a *!***!***!***!** already.

The Atomik design team pulled out all the stops with a whopping 2000 watts of brushless electric power out of the stock 1100Kv outrunner mounted in a water-cooled CNC aluminum motor mount. All that power is controlled with a robust 120A water-cooled ESC for a 40+ mph out of the box top speed."

Quote Originally Posted by lenny View Post
    What happen to the planning and development,
    And now the motors are taking a *!***!***!***!** already.

The Atomik design team pulled out all the stops with a whopping 2000 watts of brushless electric power out of the stock 1100Kv outrunner mounted in a water-cooled CNC aluminum motor mount. All that power is controlled with a robust 120A water-cooled ESC for a 40+ mph out of the box top speed."
    Good question bro!
    with all the bragging done by those who make comments like they have spent hundreds if not thousands of hours delevoping this brushless boat that is better than anyone else, and anyone who has a different opinion are made to think they are dumb and know nothing about FE boats
    kinda reminds me of why I don't by venom any more
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Different name, same garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by LarrysDrifter View Post
    Different name, same garbage.
    yup

Now its right, needed a garbage name
    2.jpg

Looks like its even gone from there own site?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

I have this boat on order and can't wait to get it.

One question for everyone on this thread.

If you have so much hate and dislike for Venom/Atomik then why are you on this section of the forum?

I run Venom/Atomik in all of my RC's from Losi sliders to my All Venom/Atomik scale rock crawlers and love the stuff they have. The old Venom stuff is gone. The new stuff is of 100% better quality.

Every new RC product no matter the maker has bugs. Look at the Axial EXO Terra buggy if you don't believe me.
    TEAM VENOM/ATOMIK
    TEAM PITBULL TIRES
    TEAM MIP

Good god. Another Venom guy talking up their product. This boat is a toilet.

3 total posts, all hyping Venom crap. Funny.

Do you have any of the newer Venom products?
    TEAM VENOM/ATOMIK
    TEAM PITBULL TIRES
    TEAM MIP

Like this turd, which is already pulled from retailers because of the faulty cheap as possible outrunner? No.

I truely am sorry you feel this way. I don't have this one but will have very soon.
    I do have sevral venom boats and they all run great. Gas and electric.

I'm not just saying this because I have ties with Venom/Atomik. My week old EKOS cat has a ton of packs through it and only issue was a solder joint on the starboard side. Resoldered it and not nother issue. I run my boats just about everyday weather allowing.
    TEAM VENOM/ATOMIK
    TEAM PITBULL TIRES
    TEAM MIP

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by roadrashracing View Post
    The link on RCU I clicked on did not have the boat anymore....

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    I agree with Rum Dog it's a toilet! Now it's clogged with crap too!!!

I am considering buying one of these as my entry into rc electric boats, I REALLY like the large size, and I am liking what I am seeing and reading, EXCEPT for all the trashing of the boat here... I am not sure what I should do... I am not looking for some pro boat, and this one seems to be good for what I am looking for... Chris from Atomik, I would like to talk to you about this boat and what I need to know in making a purchase if I decide...

Quote Originally Posted by rpedro View Post
    I am considering buying one of these as my entry into rc electric boats, I REALLY like the large size, and I am liking what I am seeing and reading, EXCEPT for all the trashing of the boat here... I am not sure what I should do... I am not looking for some pro boat, and this one seems to be good for what I am looking for... Chris from Atomik, I would like to talk to you about this boat and what I need to know in making a purchase if I decide...
    It's obvious you are not reading the whole thread...
    and not putting 2 + 2 together...
    want and great starter?
    this is it and in so many ways!
    http://towerhobbies.com/products/aquacraft/aqub24.html

Seriously... Get this boat and some maxamps lipos lol

I read the WHOLE thread... I like the boat ok... but just trying to figure out if dropping $1k on this thing is really going to do it for me... I am reading all I can, but I am seeing a TON of hatred on this boat here and what I dont understand is NONE of you guys actually own the thing... I want ACTUAL owners feedback... not some bitter members against VENOM or ATOMIK... I have seen the VENOM models in the past, and the quality just isn't there, especially with the hull integrity, paint etc etc... I need to be sure the ATOMIKS aren't just remade VENOMS...

All you need to know is that it isn't worth near what they want for it. And it is severely underpowered, plus the motors are failing. What's to like?

has anyone here that ACTUALLY bought the boat got anything to say about it??? quality, running info etc??? actual running videos would be helpful too...

If you don't want advice...
    Good luck, new guy.

not at all I will appreciate any and ALL advice... I just don't want to get a bunch of people just trashing the Atomik products without first hand knowledge of actually trying them out...

I read the WHOLE thread... I like the boat ok... but just trying to figure out if dropping $1k on this thing is really going to do it for me... I am reading all I can, but I am seeing a TON of hatred on this boat here and what I dont understand is NONE of you guys actually own the thing... I want ACTUAL owners feedback... not some bitter members against VENOM or ATOMIK... I have seen the VENOM models in the past, and the quality just isn't there, especially with the hull integrity, paint etc etc... I need to be sure the ATOMIKS aren't just remade VENOMS...
    LOL
    not sure how to realy start on this one..
    so you say you have read throught this forum?
    but yet all you read is hatred?
    UHHHHHHHHHH..........
    in between those lines you will see actual owners of venom products including me and others, and I see your comments on venom....
    venom is atomik is venom... they changed there name... same company same issues same bugus!
    not sure what is left to say...

oh, other than they still rebrand items and mark them up 200%

has anyone here that ACTUALLY bought the boat got anything to say about it??? quality, running info etc??? actual running videos would be helpful too...
    the only ones who have one are those who sell them...
    and no flippin videos showing runs more than 20sec.
    venom uhr I mean atomik pulled it off the shelves, cuz its a big fat high priced TURD!

I appreciate all your info, and thoughts... I will seriously rethink my options... thanks

if they just released it,and pulled it off the shelves,what does that tell you? i have better things to spend a grand on...

So I guess it means nothing to any of you guys when a company stands by their product and proactively recalls a product because of a production or design mistake? How many of you drive Toyota or any domestic brand or even a BMW that ALL have had their issues and recalls and still you drive them?

Our motor had the wrong epoxy and the magnets could not stay bonded to the rotor, plain and simple. We identified this fault and recalled the whole boat, paid for shipping, and replaced the motors for FREE. Try that with your favorite offshore brand and tell me about the service and support you get elsewhere with any brand on a big ticket item like this boat. This is the least we will do for our customers.
    The A.R.C. is still in production and has not been pulled from stores.

The current spec motor epoxy can withstand temps to 316F/158C. The motor has been run to over 200F with no problem although not recommended. The rotor has been put in an oven and baked then had the magnets attempted to be pried off only to chip the edges off. So NO, this is not a cheap quality motor.
    VENOM RACING R&D

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast