Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: TFL Hobbies.. New Boats

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Wth?
    little random huh? lol
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    little random huh? lol
    He races the bigger toys, he wants a scaled down version. Check his signature, he runs the Lucas Oil Catamaran! Pretty cool but it still ain't a V!
    I'd like to see some V hulls in the 36"+ range that are scaled versions of a Cigarette 38' Top Gun, or 42' Tiger, or 42 X, or even a 50' Marauder...Maybe even a CC, kind of like the new Cigarette 1040 SternDrive
    Last edited by Spartanator; 03-25-2015 at 09:03 PM.
    Why are you bothering me? I want to see your boat!
    32" CF Rivercat--- built by "kfxguy" (SOLD)

How's this ?
    DONZI image.jpg
    beating amsoil boat. 1 race at a time !!!

I race these too and Rc.
    beating amsoil boat. 1 race at a time !!!

Fantastic pictures, thanks for sharing!
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Default TFL Hobbies.. New Boats

I am not a Donzi fan.... However I did order a toy 40" Donzi hull from Keith....
    I wish the "Classic" open cockpit hatches would make a comeback in the small toy boat land, I am not too much of a fan for the "bubble" compartments.. haha

EDIT: Order from Keith is now a 34" V, Donzi requires too much $ in the go department.... Lol

We need a Cigarette hull! A CENTER CONSOLE would be the coolest toy ever. Kind of like he 42' Huntress or 1040 Stern Drive.

Gotta say that
    Last edited by Spartanator; 03-31-2015 at 09:49 PM.
    Why are you bothering me? I want to see your boat!
    32" CF Rivercat--- built by "kfxguy" (SOLD)

The Mystic Hull is much better handling than MTI. As much as I like going to the MTI factory just 1.5 hours away...the Mystic is superior in speed and handling. MTI has many more hulls out around here at the Lake of the Ozarks...cheaper and easily shipped...they are used more for poker runs and 5 seaters. There are many out on the race circuit but David Scott told me personally (Nauti Marine and Bud Select) that they are so different and that the mti design hooks bad if you do not bring it way down in the corners....if we are talking real boat reality. Oh and the Mystic looks much better and can handle more power.

Monica.
    Hi there.
    If you are still open to suggestions, an upsized version of the "Arrow" rigger would be great.
    The couple that have been running in our club are little rockets, but struggle in the rougher conditions against the larger riggers.
    A 33" - 34" version that could be run on 4s or 6s set ups would be very competitive I think.
    They are such a stylish little performer.

Cheers.
    Paul.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default New TFL-1126 Patron Saint II

Does anyone have any information on TFL's new TFL-1126 Patron Saint II
    New TFL 2015.jpg
    I sent an email to them and got the following reply:

"Thank you for your email and inquiry our new 1126 Patron Saint II (Inboard).
    I just visited your facebook page, seems you come from America. Well, if this news is correct, then I will suggest you buy it from Offshore company! Because the owner of Offshore, Mr. Steven Vaccaro intends to be the sole distributor of it in America, and he already placed down order to our factory to produce!"

I also got a little more info from their FB Page
    Length:880
    Beam:220
    Depth:130
    Inboard 2960 KV 2881 Motor
    70A ESC

Any word on price and performance?

Or better yet, when is this to go onto market? I'm ready for this last night!

I have dibs on one. I'll post a review soon as it's here and I've run it.

Please do, I've been looking for a unit like this for a while in this size of boat

Also the capacity to run twin units

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    I'd race that. I'll have to check that against some of the boats on my shelf.

Ray, how does that width compare to the cat we were talking about a month or so ago?
    still a little narrower than what is in works..but only testing will tell how its going to run

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    I would love to see TFL be a Spec motor provider. I made 3rd place in Q-mono and Q-offshore at the MI Nats with a 5684-1200KV SSS motor. it would be awesome if they could do a spec motor with 6 polestoo.
    FYI

I raced an SSS 36x60 1950kv motor in P Sport this past weekend. My initial impression is that it is way more motor than the AQ2030 or the PB Dynamite motors. I was able to turn a cupped up X448 without heating anything up. I don't have real data to share. Just my impression. Placed third but I had a DNF. Not sure I would have kept pace with Pete's new sporties but I didn't feel like I was getting blown away by the Neu motors.

TFL does have this plug. Sent it too them last winter. I'm not sure if anything will come of it.
    baraquda2.jpgbaraquda1.jpg
    Noisy person

what is a sss??

Quote Originally Posted by rayzerdesigns View Post
    what is a sss??
    These are the motors that come with some of TFL's boats. Originally they were unmarked, just a rather rough looking black motor. More recently they have the triple S marking on them. They are more economically priced than the Leopard last time I checked.
    I have heard nothing but good things about them. The one I had ( early unmarked version) was a different story, it was from a V1 Zonda which was never used. That particular one did not fair well. It had many tool marks and also seemed that someone had dropped the motor from certain altitude, one side on the front of the can was smashed in. steel shaft was also rough looking, more of a cast look than forged look.
    Recent pictures show a marked improvement.

I have not spent enough time with the SSS motors to endorse them either way. Tom placed third at the Winter Warmups with the 1950 in P sport with the motor we had hoped might become a specky in the future. I really think it's too much motor and would just monkey up the works.
    Noisy person

The rigger you sent TFL looks fab!
    Please keep us posted.

Booooo, Hisssssssss....

I have not spent enough time with the SSS motors to endorse them either way. Tom placed third at the Winter Warmups with the 1950 in P sport with the motor we had hoped might become a specky in the future. I really think it's too much motor and would just monkey up the works.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Any updates on possible new cat hulls? I'd like one in the 34"-37" range a little wider than the Genesis.

Can we please get some more cheetah hulls on the table! Thier impossible to find these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaportrails311 View Post
    Can we please get some more cheetah hulls on the table! Thier impossible to find these days.
    Ose is carrying them. He has a carbon one.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

aren't the cheetah hulls same as fightercat??

FYI

I raced an SSS 36x60 1950kv motor in P Sport this past weekend. My initial impression is that it is way more motor than the AQ2030 or the PB Dynamite motors. I was able to turn a cupped up X448 without heating anything up. I don't have real data to share. Just my impression. Placed third but I had a DNF. Not sure I would have kept pace with Pete's new sporties but I didn't feel like I was getting blown away by the Neu motors.

TFL does have this plug. Sent it too them last winter. I'm not sure if anything will come of it.
    baraquda2.jpgbaraquda1.jpg

Wow. I really like that design. I'd buy one in a heart beat! Especially if the made it in carbon too. Hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by rayzerdesigns View Post
    aren't the cheetah hulls same as fightercat??
    Tfl calls the cheetah hull "fightercat". So yes.

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Tfl calls the cheetah hull "fightercat". So yes.
    I think maybe you mean Fighter Cat calls the 34" TFL hull the "Cheetah" ?

Quote Originally Posted by keithbradley View Post
    I think maybe you mean Fighter Cat calls the 34" TFL hull the "Cheetah" ?

Yes. Sorry I wasn't clear. The "cheetah" we all know of by that name is called that by fightercat racing and the same hull tfl calls it the fightercat.

so has there been any update from Monica from TFL on any new designs?

I don't believe Monica works for TFL any longer.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast