Thread: Prather 46" deep vee

Default Prather 46" deep vee

BOAT HULL HAS BEEN SOLD ON JRCBD

Up for sale is a vintage Prather 46'' deep vee hull. This hull had all the old hardware and was drilled for the old hardware including the sub surface drive. The drive was removed and the hull was glassed. The holes for the hardware were filled along with the hole for the exhaust. The boat was raw fiberglass and was sanded and the had several layers of primer and was sanded again and again and again before it was painted. The hull was then painted chrysler big bad green. Nason 1 stage automotive paint. The paint job is average as the guy I paid to paint turned out to be better talker than painter. It still looks good but is not perfect. The rails are 4'' and it will come with the .187 flex cable and stuff tube and all the original hardware. $130 plus shipping. I would also be willing to trade for a smaller hull or motor/esc combo. Let me know what you have I may just have a need for it......

DSCN2026.jpgDSCN2029.jpgDSCN2031.jpgDSCN2052.jpgDSCN2062.jpg
    Last edited by dirtnsnowrider; 06-26-2013 at 02:03 PM.

Open to trades, what do you have?

whats shipping to 33173 ?

-Danny
    losi scte full carbon,Hpi baja 5te,Hb tcxx
    Enforcer gator full mod 30cc
    Rico 31

Quote Originally Posted by dannybj26 View Post

-Danny
    I will get that information in the morning from the post office. They open @ 9am pst so around 1pm your time I should have that info for you.

what are the dimensions of the transom ?

-Danny
    Rico 31

what are the dimensions of the transom ?

-Danny
    DSCN2858.jpgDSCN2865.jpgDSCN2873.jpgDSCN2874.jpgDSCN2875.jpg

The top portion of the beam is 14"
    the bottom portion of the beam is 12.25"
    the top to bottom of the vee is 6.5"
    the length of the vee slope is 6.25

-Danny
    USPS priority mail: $107.55
    USPS ground : $34.58
    USPS Insurance for $130 : $3.05
    USPS Tracking : $0.90
    UPS Ground : $85.71

I am willing to split shipping if you go USPS ground with insurance and tracking. Let me know if you are still interested.

pm sent
    Rico 31

Dannybj26 if you are going to make an offer make it right here not in pm's
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Quote Originally Posted by JimClark View Post
    Dannybj26 if you are going to make an offer make it right here not in pm's
    He did not make an offer. He merely stated that he has other deals pending before he could make me a fair offer on my boat.

Well unfortunatly the dimensions that you gave me were spot on but the hull is just to big for my hardware I was going to set it up for triple outboard but its just to big for the project I need something like a 36-40 for it .

-Danny
    Rico 31

Definitely interested in the hull. Do you have any use for one or two KMB 28mm jet drives (brand new) with short steering. Re smaller hulls I also have 2 NQD style replacement hull kits that have been modified slightly for the KMB (i.e. a little longer of a flat spot on the bottom). As you can likely guess this was a project that never got built and now I have more interest in bigger hulls.

Quote Originally Posted by boogityman View Post
    Definitely interested in the hull. Do you have any use for one or two KMB 28mm jet drives (brand new) with short steering. Re smaller hulls I also have 2 NQD style replacement hull kits that have been modified slightly for the KMB (i.e. a little longer of a flat spot on the bottom). As you can likely guess this was a project that never got built and now I have more interest in bigger hulls.
    Would you happen to have any pictures? I am currently researching the KMB jet drives and possible applications. I would also like pics of the hulls and length and width of the hulls.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtnsnowrider View Post
    Would you happen to have any pictures? I am currently researching the KMB jet drives and possible applications. I would also like pics of the hulls and length and width of the hulls.

Will do I'll post them tonight or tomorrow!

As promised. IMG_1716.JPGIMG_1717.JPGIMG_1718.JPGIMG_1720.JPG

The parts have never been used and have really only been taken out of the box once to inspect them months ago and once today to take pictures of them.

The hull kits are complete and include everything needed to get them running aside from electronics and hardware. Including the bottom hull, top hull, clear hatch cover, roll bar, driver heads, pegs and caps to retain hatch cover, battery tray, etc etc. Even some double sided tape I think lol.

For the KMBs, as pictured they are complete kits and come with the short turning nozzle. All thats missing (which I forgot to order at the time, of course) are the adapter flanges as the hole spacing on the jet drives are for I think 700-size brushed motors and so you need something like this for a brushless setup: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Motor-Mount-A...item5d3f036468

To give you an idea of value, the hulls were about $70 each and the KMB jet drives, about $90 each to get them here from Germany. I'm thinking that one complete setup for your hull? (edit: hull + jet drive of course) Anyways let me know what you think.
    Last edited by boogityman; 06-24-2013 at 01:00 PM.

After doing plenty of research and getting the specs on the jet drives I unfortunately have to turn down your offer. I was looking at building a jet drive boat but the hull I have is a bit much for the proper rpm range of the jet drive. Your boat hull would have been a separate build from the kmb drive. Thank you for posting the pics as it gave me a lot to think about but the extra parts I have laying around will not work out with your hull and drive. Thank You for extra info on the jet drive adapter as well as it was helpful in determining if my plans would work out or not.

After doing plenty of research and getting the specs on the jet drives I unfortunately have to turn down your offer. I was looking at building a jet drive boat but the hull I have is a bit much for the proper rpm range of the jet drive. Your boat hull would have been a separate build from the kmb drive. Thank you for posting the pics as it gave me a lot to think about but the extra parts I have laying around will not work out with your hull and drive. Thank You for extra info on the jet drive adapter as well as it was helpful in determining if my plans would work out or not.
    No worries man. For what its worth you've inspired me...I think I will end up building one of them as a rescue boat after all haha. I may still want to buy your hull regardless--if you have a moment could you give me an idea of shipping to Canada (H9W2K1)?

edit: after re-reading you post let me know if you would still be interested in just the hull? I can send that and chip in some cash. Whatever works really--otherwise its just going to get listed for sale on this forum anyways lol

No worries man. For what its worth you've inspired me...I think I will end up building one of them as a rescue boat after all haha. I may still want to buy your hull regardless--if you have a moment could you give me an idea of shipping to Canada (H9W2K1)?

edit: after re-reading you post let me know if you would still be interested in just the hull? I can send that and chip in some cash. Whatever works really--otherwise its just going to get listed for sale on this forum anyways lol
    OK so here is the damage for shipping to Canada, HW92K1
    United States postal service priority mail international : $74.90
    United States postal service express mail international : $117.55 (includes tracking and insurance up to $100 value)
    United Parcel Service (UPS) : $117.21

I realize that shipping can kill a deal so please let me know if you are still interested as I am willing to work with the buyer on shipping costs as I was for the previous member.

OK so here is the damage for shipping to Canada, HW92K1
    United States postal service priority mail international : $74.90
    United States postal service express mail international : $117.55 (includes tracking and insurance up to $100 value)
    United Parcel Service (UPS) : $117.21

I realize that shipping can kill a deal so please let me know if you are still interested as I am willing to work with the buyer on shipping costs as I was for the previous member.
    Well I was expecting 50ish so not that far off, haha. If you don't mind can you check FedEx Ground as well. As an alternative (because I hate to make you do all the legwork here) you can give me your Zip code and the package size and I can check this out myself.

Regardless, still interested yup!

Well I was expecting 50ish so not that far off, haha. If you don't mind can you check FedEx Ground as well. As an alternative (because I hate to make you do all the legwork here) you can give me your Zip code and the package size and I can check this out myself.

Regardless, still interested yup!
    I am going to the fed ex store to get the cost. I also sent you a pm with the package weight and dimensions as well. Fed Ex said it would start @ 40.98 but I should bring it in because they went off weight and not the total size and weight. So gimme a little bit to drive to the fed ex store and get you a quote.

Fed ex cost of shipping north of the border by ground is $124.67
    the overall size of the box is why its a lot to ship

Let me know what you would like to do.

Hey there,

Sorry to leave you hanging so long--going to have to sit this one out, cost adds up too much with the shipping and the components I'd need to get 'er in the water. Thanks for all your efforts though and good luck selling this nice looking hull...