Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: looking for RC boat club in CT

Sweet is that you a toby,s nice boat, do you go during week days? because i won,t be back to work for about 5 weeks maybe more.I,m looking at the fightercat hulls made of carbon fiber they look good.Let me know when you go to toby,s bro.

Hey Davinsta did you get your boat yet?

Yes i did took it out twice and had a blast upgraded the prop and running 4s and still had a blowover lol. Hey r u still going to Toby,s pond?

Was trying for one last shot but this freaking weather is nuts.The snow might be pretty bad there who knows. I have the boat perfectly dialed in and and hope to run another 100+ so my goal is one last time before she goes away for some clean up and than I start another hull. I want to build a Mini hydro to carry on my Jet ski so I can have some fun on the river.

Anyone running in CT this year?

Cool Running in CT

Hey Gary whats up,i,ll be running very soon

Still waiting for the permits to go threw for Tobys pond. My PT 45 is dead with a motor repair waiting but I just picked up a TenShock mini hydro thats a blast. Got her going a blistering 37 mph !! It fits perfect in my Wave Runner too !! Let me know.

You guys should try Batterson in Farmington its big. That's where I go most of the time. I live in West Hartford and there's 2 pond that I use some times too. They are great for my little Barbwire but a little small for m bigger boats. So far no complains. Gonna try eastern ct like Mansfield hollow when I can use my Kayaks for rescue. The CT rivers up by Glastonbury is good when its calm if you have a rescue boat.

Mansfield Hollow has a boat club that actually runs there but I dont have any more info on it.

My PT 45 just ran a 103.5mph today. This year is starting off great!!

wife and kids likes that place, we go kayaking there last year which I was not into RC boating yet. This season will be a different story, plan to bring the RC boats. run them between kayaking breaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Mansfield Hollow has a boat club that actually runs there but I dont have any more info on it.

Default club in ct.

my name is john. live in hartford. interested in finding people to run electric. presently running homemade rigger with leopard 4082 on 6-s. ran neu 2230 on 12-s last year .

Where do you run your boats, ever go to Batterson Pond?
    Quote Originally Posted by urbs00007 View Post
    my name is john. live in hartford. interested in finding people to run electric. presently running homemade rigger with leopard 4082 on 6-s. ran neu 2230 on 12-s last year .

Default ct

private lake near middletown, but too many fisherman in boats and soon swimmers.

Default ct

Quote Originally Posted by urbs00007 View Post
    private lake near middletown, but too many fisherman in boats and soon swimmers.
    might try batterston, but dont have a retrieve boat.

Well this is a long shot but anyone in the bridgeport area? I5ve thought of a few places:
    •Lake Forest, we would have to pay but it seems like a great location about Half a mile long.
    •The pond at Sea Side park Pretty small at 350 ft.
    •Bridgeport harbor on calm days, about another .5 mile place.
    •Space behind miamoque yacht club is a quarter mile.
    •Bunnells Pond at Beardsley park is awesome a lot of nitro rc car people around but its very deep and we cant put a retrieval boat in it not even peddle lol. Ive never seen anyone with rc boats there.
    •This one is also salt water but its a great spot its Yello Mill Creek, half mile space with good open access. I just got into rc boats and I launched mine there for the first time it was great cant wait to do it again. It is pretty boring by my self though.

We should organize at least 1 test meet to see how it goes.

Eddie

Default ct

acceleration, do you have a retrieve boat? what do you run? hows the weather down there today? i'm from hartford

I have a 18 ft little glastron nothing fancy by any means. Weather doesn't look good today tho man. Very foggy and little chilly. I just got into rc boats like days ago, I bought the 29 miss geico and I have regular nicd batteries. I have two batteries on my boat so we could charge off of one of them. Only thing is I dont know how much draw is on the crazy lipo fancy chargers that people use these days and my outboard doesnt have an alternator.

My days off rotate by one day every week so I wont have the same days off every week. Hopefully we get good weather this week, ill b off on Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday.

Any good spots in hartford? I feel like we would have less restrictions here its slightly less regulated than the valley areas. Besides having to pay at lake forest, pissibly the best one here, and 2nd would be beardsley park but we cant use boats there to retrieve in case of mishaps so its a little scary. Beardsley park always has a few rc people out there.

Default ct

whats the story with lake forest how much, are there many full size boats to deal with hours? i work second shift have to leave hartford 2;30 for work

Dont know prices but ill ask my coworker she is part of the association. I cant see it being more than like 30-50 for the year. Only peddle boats and canoeing/kayaks. Electric boats allowed but I haven't seen one. Every time I go by theres no one there but its gated for the members only.

Default ct

how would you retrieve boats at the lake

I am right down the road from bridgeport. I have spent many years on coming up with different retrieval systems and have got it down pretty good. If the boat is close enough I use a tennis ball a on a very short fishing pole, like its only 1.5 feet long so it fits in a bag. Just throw ball over hull and pull her back nice and sloww. If it is to far out I have a Pro boat Black jack that I can iether push it back, put a tow line on it and go around it a couple of times and tow it back or hook it from one of the many tiny screws installed on the hull being towed to hook it and pull it back. Everything fits into a gym bag so I always have it close to me.When our into this hobby as long as I have been you come up with many solutions to every problem you come across. I would actually practice rescues to get good at it. Many a day the boat is upside down than shiney side up!! LOL I have almost $2,000 into my Hydro SAW boat so I will stop at nothing to get it back....Good times............

Hmmm ... For 200 bux I bought a kayak. It's always funny to me how guys with numerous Rc boats will keep spending on more.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    I am right down the road from bridgeport. I have spent many years on coming up with different retrieval systems and have got it down pretty good. If the boat is close enough I use a tennis ball a on a very short fishing pole, like its only 1.5 feet long so it fits in a bag. Just throw ball over hull and pull her back nice and sloww. If it is to far out I have a Pro boat Black jack that I can iether push it back, put a tow line on it and go around it a couple of times and tow it back or hook it from one of the many tiny screws installed on the hull being towed to hook it and pull it back. Everything fits into a gym bag so I always have it close to me.When our into this hobby as long as I have been you come up with many solutions to every problem you come across. I would actually practice rescues to get good at it. Many a day the boat is upside down than shiney side up!! LOL I have almost $2,000 into my Hydro SAW boat so I will stop at nothing to get it back....Good times............
    how do you hook the tiny screws? when using tow rope how do you avoid running over the tow line with the prop?

Hmmmmm...Lets put this in perspective. I can go anywhere and not have a Kayak strapped to my roof. Less work for me,no need to have storage room at my house, No roof rack attached to the car. No need to ever get in the water even if its only my ankles. To me much less work aswell. Complete rescue setup off Ebay 122.49 .Now if I could walk on water... now that would be GREAT !!!!

RIght after spending 450 bucks the retrieval issue came to mind immediately. I was also told by karl at the danbury hobby center to go buy a fishing pole with a drilled golf ball and a buey (sp) at about 1ft from the ball. Got it all at walmart for about 30 bucks.

I really like lake forest hope we can make a meet happen there. Theres even space for about 5 cars give or take. Ill be texting my coworker now for the membership costs.

Lol

Haha yeah while you're fishing for your boat I'm running them. Hey to each their own tho. Have fun fellas

Default ct

count me in

http://www.lakeforestassociation.com

LoOks kinda pricey 210 for summer membership...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast