Thread: turn fins

Default turn fins

Hi,
    I`m new to RC boating, but not new to RCs (cars & trucks). I`m looking for some help/advise. Since my other RC s are custom, I figured i`d build a boat. I found the hull that I will be purchasing, 33" catamaran. I have ordered a twin rudder system for it and I have trim tabs. Question is, do I or should I use turn fins with it? Also, the hull that i`m looking at , I can buy a different stages of completion. I can get it with a 540/3660- 1800kv motor. Is that a decest motor for good speed?
    I`ll be runing dual 2C 7.4 5200 lipos.
    Thanks for the help

Welcome toofast! A cat needs no turn fins or trim tabs. That motor will work with the batteries you are gonna use but they need to be wired in series. (4s) A xl size motor would be more ideal but what you have should work.
    FE BOATING: Less like a hobby and more like an addiction!

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat26 View Post
    Welcome toofast! A cat needs no turn fins or trim tabs. That motor will work with the batteries you are gonna use but they need to be wired in series. (4s) A xl size motor would be more ideal but what you have should work.
    Thats the sweetest avatar on here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LarrysDrifter View Post
    Thats the sweetest avatar on here!!!
    I was gonna put two in but ran out of room.
    FE BOATING: Less like a hobby and more like an addiction!

Thanks Blackjack. I had planed on runing the batteries in series. I know speed can be accomplished by add power(batteries), but also with the motor. I`m not looking to going ok, I want it to GO!!