Thread: Proboat new sonic wake self righting mono

Default Proboat new sonic wake self righting mono

Anyone else see this?!

yup sure did .thread going over at rcg and elite boats on f/b.on my gotta have list
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

Same here. Im going to pre order. Deciding on the color

the black and green looks sweet
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

Appears to be similar to the Spartan..... Looks cool though.....like the self righting feature in that size hull...... Guess it goes on my Christmas list to the wife........

i just received an email today on this boat from Tower for pre-order.

Crap! I just purchased a recoil about a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by emspjay View Post
    Crap! I just purchased a recoil about a month ago.
    Better make room next to it lol

whats tower?

Tower Hobbies.....spin off of Great Planes...which i think is no more.....one bought out the other..? Some one will chime in on this....

My understanding is Great planes took over Tower Hobbies.
    SW26 V3 Green 35mph , Swifter Hydro 26. Delta Force 35. cars ,3 Rustlers 45-76 Mph.

Quote Originally Posted by gearhd48 View Post
    My understanding is Great planes took over Tower Hobbies.
    I thought that was years ago? Like late 1990's or early 2000's and now with Tower/great planes going under I thought I heard Horizon was going to try and buy them out of bankruptcy?

It's sad I have ordered from both Tower and Horizon since the mid to late 1980's. Also sad that Novak had to close up shop. Very hard for US company's to compete with everything that comes out of China today with the internet. I'm also one to blame as I also order stuff on Ebay from China. I did not know it was such a big deal until Novak closed their doors. I feel bad now for trying to save a few bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by precisionboatbuilder View Post
    Better make room next to it lol
    LOL!! I'm going to wait for the reviews but the Recoil 26 is SO MUCH FUN!! I purchased it to run when I'm out on the lake on my boat and run it in 1-2ft waves and it is a blast!! If this new sonic gets good reviews I will sell the Recoil and the Sonic will be my new toy to keep on my boat!

LOL!! I'm going to wait for the reviews but the Recoil 26 is SO MUCH FUN!! I purchased it to run when I'm out on the lake on my boat and run it in 1-2ft waves and it is a blast!! If this new sonic gets good reviews I will sell the Recoil and the Sonic will be my new toy to keep on my boat!
    That's exactly why I preordered this one. I go on the lake every week a few times on my boat and run RC while I'm out there. It's such a blast and everyone always looks like what the heck is that out there lol. I had the barbed wire XL but sold it here a few days ago..only ran that a few times ....a little slow for my likings. I still want a recoil 26 to bash on. But I'm excited as heck to have a 6 cell ripper that can self righ and abs hull to take the jumps. Woooo it's gunna be fun!!!

58mph was the top speed during initial testing.....It's got 65 in it easily with a better prop I'm sure
    TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

Quote Originally Posted by precisionboatbuilder View Post
    That's exactly why I preordered this one. I go on the lake every week a few times on my boat and run RC while I'm out there. It's such a blast and everyone always looks like what the heck is that out there lol. I had the barbed wire XL but sold it here a few days ago..only ran that a few times ....a little slow for my likings. I still want a recoil 26 to bash on. But I'm excited as heck to have a 6 cell ripper that can self righ and abs hull to take the jumps. Woooo it's gunna be fun!!!
    I love the Recoil it is so much fun in the waves and have had a blast with it and it has been holding up to the abuse! Just wish it was faster! This new Sonic should fit the bill perfectly!

Quote Originally Posted by MADRCER View Post
    58mph was the top speed during initial testing.....It's got 65 in it easily with a better prop I'm sure
    No doubt with your set up and props that you get! Your youtube videos are awesome!

No doubt with your set up and props that you get! Your youtube videos are awesome!
    Thanks! Glad you enjoy them!
    TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

Just a heads up on if you wish to upgrade the motor in the Sonic Wake in the future to something like a 4074 or 4082 motor, it will be difficult to do as the stock mount is a molded mount to take 36mm diam motors. Longer 36mm diam motors can be fitted but larger diam motors present problems.

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    Just a heads up on if you wish to upgrade the motor in the Sonic Wake in the future to something like a 4074 or 4082 motor, it will be difficult to do as the stock mount is a molded mount to take 36mm diam motors. Longer 36mm diam motors can be fitted but larger diam motors present problems.
    Oh boy.....would it be possible to do..?? ..... Is the mount replaceable....Have you seen one.....?

Quote Originally Posted by 30nitro View Post
    Oh boy.....would it be possible to do..?? ..... Is the mount replaceable....Have you seen one.....?
    Yes over on rc groups forum there is a thread on the Sonic Wake with pictures of the inside of the boat including the mount which is a molded in plastic mount that is part of the center section in the hull. I also asked Rafael about problems fitting a larger diameter motor & he said it was limited to a 36mm motor but to fit a longer motor if you wanted more power rather than going to a 40mm motor.

The problem that i see personally is that you are quite limited in choices of 36mm diameter motors that are longer than the stock motor ie 3674, where as with 4074, 4082, 4092 motors are very common to get @ reasonable money.

The mount looks easily modifiable
    sonicwake.jpg
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    The mount looks easily modifiable
    sonicwake.jpg
    Ok...well now that i see a pic of the motor mount area...it does appear you could modify for a different motor....

It's nothing like the Spartan. However it is exactly the same shape length as the VORACITY. Just abs with the self righting chamber. I have already placed an order.

Just a thought, but this could be a minor mod.Dynamite A3650, 2000Kv, 6-Pole, Water-Cooled marine motor.
    SW26 V3 Green 35mph , Swifter Hydro 26. Delta Force 35. cars ,3 Rustlers 45-76 Mph.

Thanks.will Check if it's available in the UK.