Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: ML Boatworks GP310 build

Quote Originally Posted by pescador View Post
    Awesome stuff, I been using it more and more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

it def does a superb job with battery trays and anything else that doesn't need an immovable mounting.
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

I might try a tube of the glue used to hold side car windows into their slots. That stuff is crazy. I did a window in my old*!**Pontiac and*!**that stuff was brutal to get off anything once cured. Might need to do same thing on my 02 Monte Carlo and there is always leftovers.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    I might try a tube of the glue used to hold side car windows into their slots. That stuff is crazy. I did a window in my old*!**Pontiac and*!**that stuff was brutal to get off anything once cured. Might need to do same thing on my 02 Monte Carlo and there is always leftovers.
    Yup, window urethane. Just be careful, as it’s really messy stuff, it’s a lot thicker and firmer, and may be more expensive. Also, if you ever need to remove them, good luck. That won’t be any easy job. The silicone was $10 shipped and held 6s packs mounted to the floor of my Df pirate 35 mono.

Today was sunny so I got a pretty decent pic. Tonight I started trying to do the rudder linkage and mount servo, and I realize I need to move it back to the right side like I originally wanted to. I’ll get into more detail about my reasons why with my next update.
    E83F3871-E116-4D72-A348-74BAA307240E.jpg

Very nice! What prep was needed on the FG cowl before primer?
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by Luck as a Constant View Post
    Today was sunny so I got a pretty decent pic. Tonight I started trying to do the rudder linkage and mount servo, and I realize I need to move it back to the right side like I originally wanted to. I’ll get into more detail about my reasons why with my next update.
    E83F3871-E116-4D72-A348-74BAA307240E.jpg
    That is a nice colour. Really ‘pops’ in the sun

Nice paint job. Looks like an old school candy paint. What did you use for the base, gold or silver or what?
    Bob

Very nice! What prep was needed on the FG cowl before primer?
    just gave it a sand with 320. the cowl mike sent me was immaculate. very nice gelcoat

Quote Originally Posted by bob horowitz View Post
    Nice paint job. Looks like an old school candy paint. What did you use for the base, gold or silver or what?
    Bob
    thanks. if you look at the above posts you'll see the base color is just a rose sort of red color, then a deep red clear on top. there is some gold pearl in the base coat for sure

i just made a quick vid instead of explaining everything in here,
    https://youtu.be/5LXZyYV4xno

37CDC76E-E555-409D-B72E-0551580C5CC4.jpgLast evening I got the servo mount glued up with some gflex, and used the silicone ASI to glue in the radio box. Last I will need to mount an esc, but I’m not sure if I’m sticking with this motor or what esc I will be using. At any rate, this thing is nearing completion. i got the armma servo, because its red, but its a different shade of red from the paint so it looks stupid. ill probably just buy a black servo, just not sure which one.

Did you round off the corners of the non essential edges so paint would stick better on edges? Of course not the ride surfaces.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Did you round off the corners of the non essential edges so paint would stick better on edges? Of course not the ride surfaces.
    No, is that a thing? I’ve never heard of doing that, tho I’m not worried about my paint sticking

Nice work!
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Smock View Post
    Nice work!
    Thanks Doug. It’s been a fun build for sure. Can’t wait to get it wet

4FCEF47A-A984-4B68-8CED-E2CC42E0AA98.jpgGot the window and turbine intake all painted up. Tossed a couple of starter decals on there, and got the turn fin mounted up

Looks good!

Quote Originally Posted by jim82 View Post
    Looks good!
    Thanks dood. I ended up just ordering a seaking 160. I really just wanted something that I don’t need to worry about and if I ever decide I need more motor or whatever I’ll be good. Besides it was only $5 more than the 120

I got a 3630 2070kv I'm going to throw in my gsx when ever I get around to finishing it. I just finished a mini sniper this week awesome little hull.

4FCEF47A-A984-4B68-8CED-E2CC42E0AA98.jpgGot the window and turbine intake all painted up. Tossed a couple of starter decals on there, and got the turn fin mounted up
    No freakin way! Now that is a sexy windscreen!! How did you do the trim tape? Did you print it, or use a sharpie?
    Also is that psychedelic blue a photo effect or a mind bending decal?
    Amazing finish work!
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse J View Post
    No freakin way! Now that is a sexy windscreen!! How did you do the trim tape? Did you print it, or use a sharpie?
    Also is that psychedelic blue a photo effect or a mind bending decal?
    Amazing finish work!
    thanks man! unfortunately the purple is the reflection of my TV off the paint lol.

as for the window, you guessed it. sharpie. i painted and cleared the black, then silver automotive pinstripe and of course, the sharpie bolts haha

9FBFD6D0-E46C-4E76-B0AA-7758FE5553AA.jpgC9F44347-74BD-4446-A3C2-0B0D3AB56D87.jpgCDA3F1ED-B28C-488F-9237-ED6C6B29D233.jpg
    Turn fin.
    So, i cut a piece of clear vinyl and stuck that down first, then some plumbers putty around the screws and mount. the holes i drilled are tight enough to be waterproof anyways, but ya know, more precautioning.
    Last edited by Luck as a Constant; 03-03-2018 at 11:12 AM.

C9964AE0-E283-49EA-A5B1-BD94AC4AE657.jpgB2A53B85-926E-46E1-A37E-BA3B11518284.jpg063AAD66-0B90-4D3A-85DB-EDCB982E7F42.jpg

Let me upload a couple of photos from painting the windshield.

Ye ah not much to it really. tape, paint, clear, pinstripe, sharpie

Boat has came out nice. Nice handy work.

When you get a chance let us get another shot of the whole boat.

What a glorious job on the paintwork. Looks brilliant.

No, is that a thing? I’ve never heard of doing that, tho I’m not worried about my paint sticking
    It's not a thing when you have the painting skills you do.

Awesome job sir.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast