Thread: Battery test somethig of interest

Default Battery test something of interest

Hi i just did a static amp draw test, i have,been running Rhino 6s/3700 mah/25c discharge batt in my Yak 54 .40 size, i also have two VX G3/6s/5500mah/35c Hyperion batt,using my eagle tree datalogger i did an 8 second amp draw test at full throttle to make sure my 80 amp Titan esc could handle the 35c batteries and was surprised at the results
    Rhino 25c
    max amps 68
    max watts 1627
    used 98 mAh

Hyperion 35c
    max amps 65
    max watts 1548
    used 138 mAh

Go Rhino
    Last edited by EPower; 08-28-2009 at 01:43 AM.

Rhino are good, the voltage under load remains very high, I first tested a pair of 2S4900 last month on my 29" DF copy and the ESC (cheap chinese) cutoff wouldn't trigger, got back home to check everything each cell was 3.52-3.62V and I put 4600mA back in, I know this is way too much but cutoff did not trigger because the the remaining voltage!
    Emmanuel
    I'm french but I doubt I really am!
    http://pagesperso-orange.fr/pleindetrucs/

Better to do the same test also in action. The amps draw depend on the amps request. If no more amps are requested by the motor then no more are delivered.
    The amps that you mention will definately go up when in real action.
    Twin Cat 135, Sprintcat40 (single-twin), DF 35", Maritimo, Mean Machine, SV 27
    http://www.rcfastboats.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DISAR View Post
    Better to do the same test also in action. The amps draw depend on the amps request. If no more amps are requested by the motor then no more are delivered.
    The amps that you mention will definately go up when in real action.
    Hi i'm flying tomorrow i will run the datalogger in the plane and get some readings see what's its doing