Thread: ? about lipos

Default ? about lipos

i was running Nimh with the stock drive and broke it so now i'm putting on the fullers hardware. I will be running an octura x642 prop. and going to run 2-2s lipos is there anything else eletrical that i need to change besides the program for the esc. do I need a bec?or is it just nice to have one. any other suggestions?

You'll need to pick up the stock esc programming module. It's usually $20. Pretty sure I have one as I fried that esc long ago and the module is gathering dust in my tool box. If you're interested simply let me know. Outside of that just make sure that you get a charger thats meant for lipos. Then your decision will be a/c, d/c or a/c d/c. The latter was my preference. All the best to you

I have already picked up the programing module. thanks for the offer. i just wasn't sure if i need the bec running 2- 2s lipos if the voltage would be to much for the stock esc. i have been reading the threads about lipo's and i was thinking about going with the max amps lipo's and getting the hyperion eos 06061 ac/dc charger. these lipo's are kind of expensive. but i new to this and don't want to buy cheap and burn up my boat.

You should be good to go. As far as the charger thats the same charger I bought and I love it. And Max Amps are good. There are many good options out there, however. I have a mix of 2s Rhinos, 5s Rhino, 2s Turnigys and 2s Losis. Obviously the 5s is what I go to for speed but I'm happy with all sets so far.

one ? can you charge 2 batts at the same time with that charger. Do you just set the charger to 4s and wire it in series.

No I can only charge one at a time. There is the duo but that costs bout $100 more than the 0606i. And you do set the cell count on the charger. I think it has a 6s max but I've obviously only gone to the 5s setting. Charge times on my 2s 5000 cells avg about 55 mins a pack at 5 amps.

Default Esc module

Quote Originally Posted by duclover View Post
    you'll need to pick up the stock esc programming module. It's usually $20. Pretty sure i have one as i fried that esc long ago and the module is gathering dust in my tool box. If you're interested simply let me know. Outside of that just make sure that you get a charger thats meant for lipos. Then your decision will be a/c, d/c or a/c d/c. The latter was my preference. All the best to you
    do you still have the module?
    If so what do you want for it?
    G-unit