Thread: Mounting the Fullers hardware.

Default Mounting the Fullers hardware.

Just got the Fullers hardware. It was including a kind of hard plastic stuffing tube that the flexshaft came with, do i use this tube inside the original Flexshaft or?

Is there some other modifications that i need to do except drilling new mounting holes?.

That's the teflon liner. If you don't have a liner in the old setup, you insert the new one. But I think you have one in there already. If so, just save that one for when you need it. The stock stuffing tube is too big to run without...IMO.
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

You will need the new one installed because of the extra length. Also u will want to add a short length of brass to the end of the strut and shrink wrap it on there. The unsupported teflon will whip under high power applications and knot up the flexshaft if left unsupported.

Dont think i have one, have never done anything to the stuffing tube except lubing it. It's 100% stock. Cant fit the teflon liner inside the stock stuffing tube, the tube is to small. Is it OK to run the fullers flexshaft right in the stock tube? The fullers shaft is the same diameter as the stock shaft.

You will need to stretch the new teflon liner about and inch. Use a vice and plyers, then cut off the crimped ends and slide it up there with ease. After a few minutes the teflon will regain its orig. Size and be nicely locked into the tube.

i just recieved my fullers as well and had to stretch the liner as well after that it slides in nice and easy. 6S hydro what size of tubing do i need for the flex shaft and do you connect it at the strut and the rear of the boat. any picts would be nice. thanks

Same size as whats on the boat, or just bring a piece of the old teflon and make sure it fits in the new brass tube. Then cut your length( about 2") then mount your strut back up and slide shrink tubing over the two ends or the whole thing.

Make sure you put some pressure on the new tube when installing the strut back on and tighten up snug w/ new tube stuck between