Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "ETTI" Rigger (Demon) building directions

Great looking boat you got .................
    THUNDER TIGER OUTLAW,THUNDER TIGER BANDIT
    CARBON FIBER MINICAT HYDRO,MINICAT HYDRO,PROBOAT MISS GEICO,SKUNKWORKS 32" CAT TWIN, H@M VIPER TURBINE ---JEFF WOHLT WIRE DRIVES

Default turn fin

I bought this kit but there's no turn fin included. Any recommendations? I was just going to take a stab at fabricating a bar and slap a fin on it near the center of gravity.

Etti turn fin of course
    www.astecmodels.co.uk 100+ pages of FE info and products

Quote Originally Posted by astecme View Post
    Etti turn fin of course

Ah, I wish it was that easy. The ETTI provides no instructions and indicates no part. There's a "Customers who bought this also considered..." link to a turn fin here:

http://www.etti.com.hk/product_info.php?products_id=278

but it doesn't have the bracket pictured in this build thread. I still haven't gotten around to finishing this one and spring is here!

That specific part comes with the bracket. There is a "spare" that comes without the bracket.

On mine the fin is without the bracket and bolted through the sponson, centre hole 1 3/4" forward from the rear - turns like a dream. BUT - you will see other builds. The closer the fin is to the c of g the faster the boat will turn.
    www.astecmodels.co.uk 100+ pages of FE info and products

Quote Originally Posted by astecme View Post
    That specific part comes with the bracket. There is a "spare" that comes without the bracket.

On mine the fin is without the bracket and bolted through the sponson, centre hole 1 3/4" forward from the rear - turns like a dream. BUT - you will see other builds. The closer the fin is to the c of g the faster the boat will turn.
    Well that piece of information is a huge help. I think I'll follow your lead and put the fin in on the sponson instead of using a long bracket... Thanks for the advice.

Default Power system?

I plan on running a 540 size 8L motor (3072 kv) running 3S. Unloaded RPM would be 34,099. I'm hoping to hit upper 40's with a Y536 or so.

What power is anybody else running? Any data? Can't wait to get this thing wet!

I am trying to get a 1509/1D or a Lehner 1920/4 to work with her... I need to adjust my sponsons AOA tough... it's running way too wet... had a few passes, no data as of yet.
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

UB, this may sound a little naive, but I'm kind of new at this... Once you have drilled and epoxied your spars in... How will you adjust your angle of attack?

And what are you at now - and where are you going to adjust it to..?

It would be a great help, thanks.

I just ordered this hull cant wait for it to get here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12