Thread: ProBoat Mini-V questions

Default ProBoat Mini-V questions

Hello. I am fairly new to RC Boating and recently purchased an upgraded ProBoat Mini-V with trim tabs, stabilizers, an aftermarket prop and coupler. To my knowledge this takes care of the usual weak spots on what I have heard is a great little boat.

However, I have been into RC Cars for around 6 years so I am looking to swap in my Airtronics MX-3 equipment and a mini servo out of my rc18t. I am aware that if I do this i'll likely need to replace the ESC. I currently have an extra Quark 33amp Brushless Car ESC. I am worried about water issues though. Can anyone point me towards a good waterproof brushed/brushless esc? I will be running 7 Ib1200 cells. i've also heard that my Mamba 5400kv motor would be too much in the boat. So I'm looking for a motor/esc comob.

Thanks for all the help in advance. Here's a picture of the boat

Welcome Tiki man

Can anyone help this guy?

I am not familiar with how much room there is in that boat but off hand I would think that the SV27 ESC and a Feiago S or L series would work.

I believe it takes a 380 series motor. The thing I'm fuzzy on is what controller to run. I'm only familiar with the car side of things, and am looking for something waterproof preferably.

The stock esc isn't waterproof, i say just make sure you tape the hatch really well, and run the Quark.

I ran mine with a SS45 ESC (same size as the SV27 ESC). SV27 motor is too big though. Just be careful of the prop you choose, more power + bigger prop = torque roll.

:D
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Okay, so I've been looking at brushless motor options and price really isn't a factor since I'm willing to spend the $30 extra to get a MEGA motor over the feigao/ammo/wanderer/nemesis cheapos. What I am looking at is a MEGA 16/15/3, which is the exact size of the stock motor. However, would i be able to get away with a MEGA 16/7/6 which measures 28mm diameter and 30mm long? Let me know, thanks

Keep in mind this is about the size of a Micro Cat