Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spektrum Dx3S.

Default Spektrum Dx3S.

Thinking about changing to a 2.4Ghz radio. Been looking at the Dx3S. I can buy this in a LHS in Norway and it will cost me about 400$ or i can order one from HC for 290$ inc shipping.

HobbyCity says: "Now compatible with the MR3000 3-channel marine receiver and DSM2 surface receivers, in addition to DSM surface receivers"

-Does this mean that i can use the MR3000 DSM2 marine reciver in my boats, and use a SR3300T in my cars and get the advantage of the telemetry, without problems or is there something i need to do?

- I assume that the box from HC is with the SR3300T like all the other box's out there, or am i wrong?

The DX3s is backwards compatible with the other older 2.4ghz stuff for cars from spektrum.
    The new marine receiver however does not work with the older DX3R. This is due to software in the controller i beleive. You can send your DX3R into Spektrum and get it upgraded for 50$.
    I beleive the box from HC comes with 2x car receivers but not the marine receiver. The telemetri cables are bought seperate.
    I know this since i have a freind in norway who purchased the DX3R first and then had to buy the DX3S.

Regards
    Bjorn

Not talking about the Dx3R but the Dx3S. This is compatible with DSM and DSM2? So that i can use a DSM RX such as the SR3300T in the cars and get the Telemetry and use a MR3000 in my boats?

Yes, DX3S is compatible with "everything" old and new. DX3r not compatible with the new MR3000 and the other new one for cars.
    Are you still running the blackjack 26 or do you have a new boat?

Still running the BJ26, and my brother has a smaller boat to. Im also driving cars and looking for a radio to use with my Nitro Cars.

The TX on the BJ26 is twitching on me like crayz and i dont like the twitching at 50Mph almost ended todays fun on the shore and full trottle.

I also see that the MR3000 is rated from 4.8-9.6V, that way i can take out the Bec that im using and run the power strait from the 3s+2s packs, or?

For what it is worth, I switched over from JR fm to a DX3S and run the SR3300T in my main boats so I can get receiver voltage and motor temperature telemetry. I have been very pleased with this setup.
    Grand River Marine Modellers, el Presidente
    IROC VUP, 25" Prince Mono, Mini Hydro, Classic Barrel Back, brushless Mini Rio and two Nitro Tunnels

just make sure its the new version like what steve sells other wise its not compatible with the marine receiver

HC says its the 3140 so that makes it compatible with the MR3000 RX but what are the advantages with the MR3000 in comparison to the SR3300T? you can get the telemetry such as temps/ rpm on the boat with the SR3300T but not with the MR3000 so why even bother going for the MR, is there a notable difference?

Also what other parts do i need for the telemetry to work other than whats inc in the box.

Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by sayrion View Post
    Yes, DX3S is compatible with "everything" old and new.
    Not compatible with DSM 2 receivers like SR 3100

from what i have read the 3140 is compatible with the dsm 2 receivers. mr3000 is specifically for marine use, it is fairly much water proof, has dual throttle and steering input/outputs, has dual antennas.
    as far as i know the telemetry gear is supplied with the radio
    mine should be here tomorrow so i will let you know
    read this will explain more than i can https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ead.php?t=8676

Ok, let me know.

The Dx3S-3140 supports DSM2 such as the SR3100.
    Horizon has a small review on the new Dx3s http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ick_-9g_b4Y

3140 is compatible with dsm2 recievers, comes with two surface recievers (one with telemetry), rpm sensor with mounts and two temp sensors, three different size rubber grips and batteries.
    If you are looking to use it with the mr3000 or a dsm2 reciever do NOT buy it at the local store in Norway as they only have the 3130, which is not compatible (I learned that the hard way and now can't get rid of it ).

Got my mr3000 and 3140 on friday and ran them through this weekend. The biggest advantage imho is that it is as good as waterproof. The range pretty good. I could run my boat about 200 meters away without any problems. If the lake I ran on had been bigger I most likely could have gone further.

Compared to my old am and fm tx/rx it works 1000 times greater and it eases my mind knowing that the reciever will survive if I flip my boat.

I know that the LHS is not selling the 3140 atm, but they will be getting it in soon.

Think i will order one from HC along with a extra SR3300T and a MR3300.

Default best price on dx3s

check it out buddy (you have to click "buy it" to see the price)

http://www.ultimatehobbies.com/istar...d=SPM3140!1002

Here is a question for all you boating spektrum users...any feedback about running the short rx antenna inside the hull (non-carbon)? Are most of you using an antenna mount still or is it minimally glitchy when inside the hull? Thanks...

Andre

yes i would like to know as well, mine turned up today
    5 days from steve to Australia
    the aerials are about 2" long,cant see getting any out side the hull

hi there

antenna length on all my receiver (for DX3R) is 8" (20 cm)

so i insert antenna into a plastic tube that stick out hull for about 5 to 8 cm.

herve

the sr3300t and sr300 recievers have a 90mm (3.5") aerial would be lucky to get an inch out

also were do i set the travel to on the throttle,on my xs3 i had to set it to 120% to get full throttle but the dx3s goes past this
    also havent really heard anything bad about the tactic with no external aerial

this is what i have done on one hull (crapy phone pic)
    i have 2" of vertical wire hope this is enough
    Attached Images Attached Images

The active portion of the antenna varies according to the receiver.

On receivers with a long antenna that ends with about an inch that is different, the last segment is the only portion that is active. This is a coax antenna, and the portion between the receiver body and that last inch is not to be worried about. Use the length to position the last inch up high. Receivers such as the MR3000 and SR3100 are this type.

On receivers where the antenna is the same over the whole length, the whole length of the receiver is active and must be electrically "visible" to the transmitter. The SR3000 and SR3300T are of this sort. You need to mount the whole receiver high if you want maximum range.

I use only SR3100 and MR3000 in my boats. For both types, the boat is long past the driveable range (too small to see) before I lose signal. If I need telemetry, I will use a SR3300 but will not drive it as far away.

Andy
    Spektrum Development Team

Quote Originally Posted by animigan View Post
    Here is a question for all you boating spektrum users...any feedback about running the short rx antenna inside the hull (non-carbon)? Are most of you using an antenna mount still or is it minimally glitchy when inside the hull? Thanks...

Andre
    I have three glass hulls, 3100T's balled up in a balloon, no signal loss yet. I'm very pleased with the ease of use.

Thanks for the input guys - sounds like there are some varying opinions, so I look forward to experimenting some more!

Andre

Default Best switch I have made yet in R/C

I got mine last week and run it in my XXXT at the Idaho state off road championships races. I had been running one of the first FM radios that JR made. It was over 100% out side and I had the temp prob on my new Lipo, it started to go to the 150% mark. it was cool that I could see this and stop and save the bat. I did not win aney thing but the radio saved me over $100. dollars the first time out. and then same radio went to the lake that after noon in my SV27 and had three perfict heat races. witch I have never had one let alone three in one day. I say get it!!!! I realy like mine.
    Do It in Vinyl !

what reciever did you run in the sv27
    thanks

sr3300t
    just the one that comes with radio,my lhs says that they can not get the new one yet.
    Do It in Vinyl !

Horsehockey, we've had them in stock for several weeks.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...odID=SPMMR3000

I know, I've bought some for myself a couple weeks ago and we can't do that until all backorders are shipped and sufficient stock is in place in the warehouse.

Andy
    Spektrum Development Team

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie-crawl View Post
    yes i would like to know as well, mine turned up today
    5 days from steve to Australia
    the aerials are about 2" long,cant see getting any out side the hull
    The rx literally needs to be exactly where the antenna will be exiting. A bit tricky sometimes, but worth it.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

thanks steve, mounted them rite under the antenna hole and have about 2-2.5" out side the hull.
    where do i set my travel for the throttle 100%,120%
    my xs3 needed 120%

I have my throttle set at 100%
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast