Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: zippy flightmax or turnigy ?

Here is a good thread to follow...
    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1103354

Thunder Power is un-ethical in my opinion......the retail price is a joke and should never be paid. I think the packs are good, but not worth the 300% markup with people just taking money from a stack and never doing a thing. They called me and blasted me for not supporting them, thing is, they would never sell to us direct, we had to buy from a distributor that sells under the table for the same costs we had to pay. I will never support TP again. Jason got mad and slammed the phone down. BooHoo

hi all

I am currently comverting my Vegas to brushless would value imput from u guys

I'm running a 1521 y and a Hydra ESC

What batterie set up would be best for this - would 1 6s lipo be ok mounted in the fromt?

Thanks in advance

Bedrock
    ________
    BUY SILVER SURFER VAPORIZER
    Last edited by bedrock; 03-06-2011 at 04:26 PM.

just to confirm, i love my Turnity 4s 30c 5.0 's!!!!!!!!! they have soooo much more punch than my polyquest 25 c packs, its rediculous ... i will never buy an exspensive lipo ever again. unfortunantly this decision comes after $3500.00 in the name brand lipo's...infact i down loaded the maritimo after a test run wich is what got me 66.7 mph. and to think all with sixty dollar packs!!!!!!!!A+++++++

Quote Originally Posted by bedrock View Post
    hi all
    I am currently comverting my Vegas to brushless would value imput from u guys
    I'm running a 1521 y and a Hydra ESC
    What batterie set up would be best for this - would 1 6s lipo be ok mounted in the fromt?
    Thanks in advance
    Bedrock
    Geez man! I don't think the Vegas can take that aabuse, I have seen 1515/1Y on 4s that drive her pretty... I have used a 1521/1D on 4s and it was stupid power... I will try it again some day, but if she flips... oh boy, can't even think about it... losing my motor and electronics would be sad.
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

I only have 2 sets of lipo's for my boat. So im thinking about getting some of these for my SV27 with the stock set up . any opinions?.

http://hobbycity.com/hobbyking/store..._25C_Lipo_Pack

Good Choice.

Hey bustit. You got a build thread on the sprint cat? I'm getting ready to do one too!

Quote Originally Posted by bustitup View Post
    I thought the turnigy's were zippy's newest batts and flightmax has 4mm bullets and turnigy has 5.5 bullets and heavier gauge wire

I just received two 6s 30c 5000mah turnigy's for my sprint cat

Thank the good lord Zippy has made rc brush less lipo's a reality for new users wanting to get into the FE world ...it just helps the sport to have more people envoled to force manufactures to develop better products that are more competitive

killer products and killer performance......how many times have I heard reviews of how these batts compare to the kingpin enerland cells
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    Hey bustit. You got a build thread on the sprint cat? I'm getting ready to do one too!
    its in here somewhere but for some reason I allways have a hard time finding it...let me look
    SPRINT CAT 40.........BOOGIMAN 25" MONO 8xl
    EX President of the Offshore FE Vultures Society

I just got a set of new zippys. They are equivalent to the turnigys. The only difference was the balance tap wires. The newer zippys have 8 gauge wires and 5.5 bullets. I have data on both packs and will post them when my computer is back up and running. You'd be suprised!

My Turnigys have 8 gauge wire with 5.5mm bullets.
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by BakedMopar View Post
    I just got a set of new zippys. They are equivalent to the turnigys. The only difference was the balance tap wires. The newer zippys have 8 gauge wires and 5.5 bullets. I have data on both packs and will post them when my computer is back up and running. You'd be suprised!
    Get that Puter up & working ... I'm very interested in what your data reveals . . . .

I've been running the Turnigy 5800mah 25c 4s packs in a hydro & a mono for a few months now & can't fault them yet. All cells are still pretty much balanced after a run.
    http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s..._25C_Lipo_Pack
    I'll be getting some more.
    Cheers.
    Paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12