Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: John pilger: Obama is a corporate marketing creation

Quote Originally Posted by wirenut67 View Post
    Bill heres a shocker for you...it is NOT just FOX news watchers who are misinformed.....I seriously doubt that ANY of us are fully informed, no matter how much we would proclaim to be.
    True enough, but it is none the less interesting that the Fox viewers seem to have achieved a fairly high level of ignorance compared to their CNN and MSNBC informed brethren.

From teh source I cited:

Here’s another way to look at the misinformation: In our poll, 72% of self-identified FOX News viewers believe the health-care plan will give coverage to illegal immigrants, 79% of them say it will lead to a government takeover, 69% think that it will use taxpayer dollars to pay for abortions, and 75% believe that it will allow the government to make decisions about when to stop providing care for the elderly. But it would be incorrect to suggest that this is ONLY coming from conservative viewers who tune in to FOX. In fact, 41% of CNN/MSNBC viewers believe the misinformation about illegal immigrants, 39% believe the government takeover stuff, 40% believe the abortion misperception, and 30% believe the stuff about pulling the plug on grandma. What’s more, a good chunk of folks who get their news from broadcast TV (NBC, ABC, CBS) believe these things, too.
    On the question of covering illegal immigrants 72% of Fox viewers believe it does compared to 41% for CNN/MSNBC. 75% of Fox viewers believe the killing granny nonsense compared to 30% for CNN/MSNBC. Similar disparities exist for several other important questions.

I'd say those numbers make it fairly clear that by and large Fox viewers are fairly poorly informed. And sadly, this is not restricted to just the health care debate.

Fox should change their motto to: "We Lie and You Believe it without question"

Because that's pretty much what every poll shows.
    Don't get me started

Bill,

Not a big fan of fox here at any rate, but this is a prime example of why we should scour multiple sources for information.

One thing I would note. When I returned home from Iraq, fox WAS one of the worst for misrepresenting how things are there, BUT, none of the American Media was very accurate at all, they all showed bias in one direction or another, with the truth being lost somewhere between.

Sad isn't it?

Bill,

Not a big fan of fox here at any rate, but this is a prime example of why we should scour multiple sources for information.

One thing I would note. When I returned home from Iraq, fox WAS one of the worst for misrepresenting how things are there, BUT, none of the American Media was very accurate at all, they all showed bias in one direction or another, with the truth being lost somewhere between.

Sad isn't it?
    Yes it is. What I think is even sadder is that Fox clearly is the most biased yet most popular news outlets. Frankly that scares me to death. And I think there is a big difference between a bias and out right lies, a distinction which escapes Fox on many issues.
    Don't get me started

Interesting, I subsrcibe to two newspapers with my cash....silly me....also at least 5 on line with their watered down content. Informed? I do not know...are you lads with radical pundit viewpoints on either side of the spectrum. THINK!!!

Douggie

The distinction which eludes ALL media based on their leanings. Lets not be so precipitous as to limit the evil to Fox, nor so limiting as to not see that the agenda drives the news no matter which way it leans.

There are but two things, accurate and correct reporting, none of which we see here, and fabrications (read lies) I wont get into a tit for tat about the magnitude of a lie.

NONE of the American news media portrays the truth, and the shame is they ALL have the ability to do just that. SO which side does that put them on?

Hmm, let me see what my signature say. William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

Art imitates real life!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzSj1yNZdY8
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

Please note that I view on all media different viewpoints and make up MY OWN DESCION whether it be a left, right or in the middle, and not stuck to a mantra of my perceived belief

Douggie

Douggie,

I find myself doing the same. I once would have to say I was hard right, maybe no so much anymore. Not that I believe less in the Republican party, but I believe in politics in general less and less. I think both sides have something to offer, if they would just get back to why they are here in the first place. To Serve the American people, and not just big business, and their own agendas.

A CLASSIC! Edit. Enjoy and Awake from your slumber!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9wCA...eature=related
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

Douggie,

I find myself doing the same. I once would have to say I was hard right, maybe no so much anymore. Not that I believe less in the Republican party, but I believe in politics in general less and less. I think both sides have something to offer, if they would just get back to why they are here in the first place. To Serve the American people, and not just big business, and their own agendas.
    Are we agreeing on something here?
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

Douggie,

No answer

Douggie

It might just be possible that we are in agreement. It just scares me to think of what it may actually take to reform the system, and get us back on track.

I posted this on another thread...http://newt.org/tabid/102/articleTyp...-Regroups.aspx
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

Yes reform and Canada and the rest off the world, in all aspects!

Douggie the idiot

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123