Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Outrigger websites

I'll sticky this for you UB.
    I fixed the "email link" for the Raptor marine kit.
    It works now!
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Thanks Danny, I didn't even know it was a broken link...
    Can anyone else collaborate with the links? There must be more out there,
    I know of two more that are developing a rigger, but since it's not available to the
    general public, I will not post it yet.

So this is what it feels like to have a "sticky"... hmm... feels nice.
    Last edited by Ub Hauled; 09-03-2009 at 12:55 PM.
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

So guys, any other info on Rigger hulls?

I'm still going through my other machine for additional. Hopefully I can find some of that other stuff I keep coming across.
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

So guys (Ben) any other sites with some Riggers available?

Jan, I've been through a lot of them and I think we have most of them covered. It seems that the set of links I'm looking for may be on my old work computer before I switched jobs. I haven't been over there in a few weeks to look, but I'm planning to. Switching jobs has really changed everything. Instead of no commute, it's now an hour plus. Plus I'm still helping out the folks at the old job with a few things.

Trust me, I haven't forgotten for sure, but the number of hours in the day has been limited. Whenever I get the chance, I try to have some fun and relax. Put it this way, I haven't run a boat in roughly 5-6 weeks. Shame on me!!!
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

List Updated

Check out rum runner hobbies we will be dealing with mostly riggers in the future doug

Quote Originally Posted by mr rumrunner hobbies View Post
    Check out rum runner hobbies we will be dealing with mostly riggers in the future doug
    I'll make sure to check it from time to time Don, thanks.

Hi Jan,
    Last time i Talked to Tony of HPM pondside, they didnt know whats going on with 'Taipan riggers. Also i dont think they have any stock left.

BTW that page is from their old site.

Its a pity, Tony's .21 and .45 Taipans go hard.

Thanks Tyler, I'll make a note on the post...

www. astecmodels.co.uk - we sell etti, astec kits, graupner, hydromarine and TFL( vai HOTR)
    www.astecmodels.co.uk 100+ pages of FE info and products

Thanks Allan... but I am not sure how comfortable they would be here about posting a store vs. a hull maker here... let's see what the mods and/or Steven will say, cool?

Oh OK - If I have trodden on toes then apologies BUT Etti are a store, H&M are a store etc. I do manufacture Outrigger hulls - Will 4, PaynPak kit, U7 1/12th coming, Miss thriftway 1/16th, Van lines 1/16th, Vanlines 1/12th in prototype, Mycro Hydro, Micro Roundnose and Micro Rigger.... all mine.

If I am disqualified then I guess all the others are also

Allan
    www.astecmodels.co.uk 100+ pages of FE info and products

I have a question..
    I would love to race the .65 size nitro guys this season.
    What would be a great rigger for this size of hull to build a good FE rigger?
    I would like to run 4s and then go for some 6s SAW runs to show off and make the nitro guys jealouse
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

http://ne-stuff.blogspot.com/2009/12/jae-45hg-pdfs.html

I would say enlarge the jae .45 plans in the link at Niklas's site above...and run it on 6s...would be a fantastic hull to run with nitros.

Quote Originally Posted by astecme View Post
    Oh OK - If I have trodden on toes then apologies BUT Etti are a store, H&M are a store etc. I do manufacture Outrigger hulls - Will 4, PaynPak kit, U7 1/12th coming, Miss thriftway 1/16th, Van lines 1/16th, Vanlines 1/12th in prototype, Mycro Hydro, Micro Roundnose and Micro Rigger.... all mine.

If I am disqualified then I guess all the others are also

Allan
    Allan,
    I'll put you in the roster and if anyone says otherwise I'll remove it, but you are right...

Jan,

I'm sure you've already seen the site, if it wasn't already mentioned. Here's a link to some of the Japanese riggers that have been mentioned from time to time.

I've also seen the Rattler Outrigger on fleabay, but I wouldn't buy those plans personally.
    Last edited by Meniscus; 01-25-2010 at 03:57 PM.

Is there a reason why we aren't including the starship outriggers from minicatracing?
    Last edited by Meniscus; 01-25-2010 at 04:02 PM.

What about the old Yellow Jacket plans? I thought they were available at one time? Maybe Jay has them for sale directly.

Others both electric and nitro/gas:

Rico Racing's GX1 Rigger
    Aeromarine Stinger Outrigger
    Blizzard/Predator Plans (can't remember link)
    Insane Rigger (scroll down)
    Hurricane Rigger
    KX Viper Rigger

RoadRunner Rigger Setup Info

Any chance we can put the models to the right of the link? Some manufacturers or retailers have multiple offerings. It may be helpful to put stock lengths as well. Just some thoughts.

What about the twins out there? I know Jaguar has one or two. I think there are others.
    What about Velasco hulls (Ellison if I remember right)?
    It may also be worth mentioning Randy does made to order versions custom or from existing molds he has around.
    Last edited by Meniscus; 01-25-2010 at 04:55 PM.

I looked for the Velasco Rigger, but cannot find a link to it... all good point Ben and noted...
    I also made the proper additions to the first post.
    I rather not put descriptions and/or suggestions on the first post, that's why the thread is here, so we can talk about it. Thanks for the suggestions.

I am working on up dates on what I have now, for a lot of the boats I build. I just finished the cat section. Sports were next, now I thinkI do need to up date the composite riggers too.
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

Sweet Randy, make sure the website reflects the changes so people can see it.

Velasco Hulls

Statement from Dan Ellison on another forum: "There is a picture of the gas r/c rigger under results for G-1 hydro on the namba website, 07 nationals . It is an epoxy glass gas rigger,44 inches long, under 10lbs RTR. Limited availability through Velasco's hulls in CA."

I hope that helps. Regarding descriptions and/or suggestions, I see your point and I'm inclined to agree. It would be nice though to see the model names listed for each site or manufacturer, but again, the info is there to find and it's ultimately up to the reader. LOL

I hang out with Henry Velasco at Legg Lake when he's there, usually a few times a month. What a super guy, a legend in the Hot Rod world, and has some faassst riggers. I'll check with him next time I see him & see what riggers he has; his site only shows scale hydros & stuff.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Tony, that sounds good, I'd be interested in finding out what he's offering.

Jan, here's another for you. It wasn't easy, but here it is, translated no less for convenience: Team Triple RC Boats (Japan)

BTW, I recently watched Mark & Chris Grim testing a brand new rigger that, from what I understood, they designed and Brian built for them. FG tub & sponsons, beautifully struck out, big gasser size. Ran Sweet !!
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Do you know if they are going into production?

Jan,
    Link to Predator Plans or here
    Jay Turner's Yellow Jacket Plans
    Emmanuel DELIAS (ED66677) Outrigger Plans (scroll to very bottom)

Quote Originally Posted by Meniscus View Post
    Do you know if they are going into production?
    I don't know for sure, but the boat looked just like it came out of Brians mold; beautifully done. I'll be dropping by the Grims in the next few days may find out more.
    Last edited by Diegoboy; 01-26-2010 at 05:51 PM. Reason: fixed quote tags

Yes, they are in production.

Big parts, bigger molds
    Brian "Snowman" Buaas
    Team Castle Creations
    NAMBA FE Chairman

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast