Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Outrigger websites

Default Outrigger websites

Hello Gents,
    I was wondering if all of you that have a link to a site or even pictures with an email
    that contains Rigger kits or hulls, would be so kind and share it with the rest of us, regardless of it's source of power.
    I for once hear/read about several names but cannot find any info/imagery on them.
    I believe that it would be good advertising for all you designers...

thanks in advanced
    PS: If there is such thread please let me know.

Well, here is the beginning of the list in no particular order:

Rigged Insanity
    Jaguar Hydros
    Kep's
    CMB/Crapshooter Boats - phone: (317) 462.9978
    Hydro & Marine (bottom)
    Zipp Kits
    Mini Cat USA
    Rico Racing
    Aeromarine
    Insane
    Hurricane
    KX Viper
    Leecraft - Alfred Lanza (510) 823-9668
    Aussie Rigger
    Last edited by Ub Hauled; 12-03-2022 at 07:07 PM.
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

Matt.
    FE, Nitro and Gas racing in Auckland
    www.rcboats.co.nz

great call!

"A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Man, I've got a lot of links for this, just need to get to my other machine!

What no Renegade mentioned? And what about the Japanese stuff???
    Last edited by Meniscus; 08-16-2009 at 10:24 AM.
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

I know that Mr Harold isn't taking orders right now but this is a worthy rigger.

Its called the Cajun Bullet
    * BBY Lift Master RIgger * Insane Gen 2 Cat * Aeromarine Avenger Pro Twin * Delta Force Cyber Storm * Delta Force 41" Mono * H&M Viper II * H&M Intruder * OSE Raider Hydro * Whiplash 20 * Brushless Mini Rio *

Jan, shame on you for not mentioning :

Brian@raptorrc.com

bbyracing.com

Bring your Vegas to the lake today and I will punish you
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Also the X-Crab from http://www.toughracing.com/ . Some would argue it not to be a true "rigger" because of the molded sponson wing, but that is up for debate...

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    The Germans...
    Danny, great call on the German stuff,
    can't believe I left it out...

Quote Originally Posted by Meniscus View Post
    Man, I've got a lot of links for this, just need to get to my other machine!
    What no Renegade mentioned? And what about the Japanese stuff???
    Post the links Ben and I'll put it on the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by tth View Post
    ... the Cajun Bullet
    I had heard of it somewhere, thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    Jan, shame on you for not mentioning :

Brian@raptorrc.com

bbyracing.com

Bring your Vegas to the lake today and I will punish you
    Tony, I have emailed Brian to ask him about posting his link (as where to point people to), I never got a response. I was not sure if he does not want it posted here (or IW) or what... but I did think about his Riggers.
    I guess you are daring me to go out with my Vegas, I'll be there soon enough and then don't come out weeping when I spank your Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by lomdel View Post
    Also the X-Crab from http://www.toughracing.com/ . Some would argue it not to be a true "rigger" because of the molded sponson wing, but that is up for debate...
    Well, the Lobster at Hydro & Marine has more wing then that and its considered a Rigger... so for now, the X-crab can stay

UB, Please replace that "Tough racing" link. Those guys absolutely SUCK. Yes I said it, and if the ever answer my @#$%^ email & phone calls, I'll take it back. Clock's been ticking for months so far...
    Instead, please link the X-crab here.
    Believe it or not, They have OUTSTANDING service and response.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    UB, Please replace that "Tough racing" link. Those guys absolutely SUCK.
    Instead, please link the X-crab here.
    Believe it or not, They have OUTSTANDING service and response.
    Gotcha...

Thanks! I feel better now

Mike, do you sell the kit or plans?

Team Lindenau have a few also - http://www.team-lindenau.de/

Excellent call!

Jan, I'm still looking for all those links. It's really tough with the Japanese site to figure out manufacturer info.
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

I have contacted a few of the online shops you posted here...most were responsive to questions about their riggers. I just purchased a Hydro and Marine hull (a .21 hydro), and coming from Chris Fine from finedesignrc I have only had a great responses to questions and doing business with him. I too have written Raptor rc, or Brian buass and have received no responses to questions either...I know I am not the only one. I guess some racers just don't answer questions, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Ub Hauled View Post
    Mike, do you sell the kit or plans?
    Richie may sell a kit you would have to e-mail him and ask (ricoracing.com)

let him know its the 34" he built for me

Quote Originally Posted by yurkanip View Post
    ...I too have written Raptor rc, or Brian buass and have received no responses to questions either...I know I am not the only one. I guess some racers just don't answer questions, period.
    Please consider the volume of emails and other request for information some of these folks get on a daily basis. I'm not saying one way or another, but if you're anything like me, there may be days or even weeks where you can't address all the things you would like.

Just something to consider.

Meniscus....I know what you are saying. But weeks, turned into months. Follow ups to no avail. Just my input through personal experience. I have had quick, and positive responses and help through OSE, Finedesignrc, and surprisingly MOST of chinese based FE parts suppliers.
    back to the question at hand. Rigger suppliers......

Mr. UB, I'm sure you have seen the JAP riggers are going to be produced by zippkits.....for 40 bucks. I know it's a small boat but I'm sure someone is looking to FE it.

I just read this thread and have a comment.

Yurkanip was asking about mods to sport hydros that I had built, raced and sold years ago. I don't have the boats to measure or pics of the mods. The owners are on the forums, PropperChopper owns the round nose, Jevmax owns the PT SS21. Ask them for the pics and dimensions for the sponson mods. I couldn't tell you exactly what I did to them, and without getting the exact measurements the mods won't work.

Never a question about my current boat offerings.

I've never had a complaint about a boat I've sold. It may take an email or 2 to get a response but that's mostly because I'm in the shop building. If you really want to get hold of me, send an email asking for a phone # and give me a call. I can talk on the phone while slinging epoxy.

My contact info: brian@raptorrc.com

On the topic of rigger kits or plans. I've seen a JAP boat stretched to 31" and run on a spec system. It's a very good choice if you want to scratch build.

Yurkanip,
    We run FE boats in open hydro at the Eugene, OR races. Bring that 6S boat out and join the fun.
    Brian "Snowman" Buaas
    Team Castle Creations
    NAMBA FE Chairman

Brian..thanks for the response. I was not bashing you or your boats in any manner. Hope it did not come across like that. I had just commented on a lack of response to questions about hulls including the shovelnose, pt21 and riggers over the past few months.....just a fact based on emails left unanswered, I know you build fast boats, and are a good racer.
    That being said.

I live in Corvallis, so running in Eugene would be easy I would love to run with you guys down there. I will email you with my contact info, and hope to get yours. I sold my last 6s hull. But have 2 keps riggers and a third 34" 6s hull soon to come as soon as I finish the small keps.

What size are some of the Jap riggers, before they are stretched that is?

Does someone have a link for pictures and additional info on these items? Thanks

im also interested in the jap riggers for 40 bucks

Quote Originally Posted by teach View Post
    Mr. UB, I'm sure you have seen the JAP riggers are going to be produced by zippkits.....for 40 bucks. I know it's a small boat but I'm sure someone is looking to FE it.
    That's great! I have the plans but a kit makes it that much easier...

Quote Originally Posted by Ub Hauled View Post
    That's great! I have the plans but a kit makes it that much easier...
    Same here. I may hold off and wait to see if they offer it in a .21 kit. Even at a higher price it would be a steal.

Would do you think. The .12 size with a 380 can with 2P 2000ish mah. That might be a blast.

If linking to another site is a nono please delete but here is some good info.
    http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?showtopic=34873

Don't quote me but it's a smallish hull. Under 24" if I remember. I took the plans and enlarged them by 125% and the tub came out to 28 1/4 long. Sounded like a good size for the spec class.

If they do end up making a .21 kit that should be about the same size.

Screwball (awsome name BTW) the kits aren't ready just yet. Please remember it is a build it yourself kit. So $40 is just the start. I am not trying to talk you out of building one by no means. Personally seeing a younger boater getting into it is great. Just do not rush building it.

haha thanks teach i may only be 14 (15 on monday) but ive been in this hobby for about 6 years (not fe boats exactly but rc cars and trucks i just started with fe`s about 2 months ago but i have had my shockwave 36 for 2 years) so i do have some experience with rc`s i know not to rush the build of it but i was thinking of it as a winter buildalthough it may be too small for the supplies i have...

Same here. I may hold off and wait to see if they offer it in a .21 kit. Even at a higher price it would be a steal.
    Yup, I saw a prototype of it, it looks great.. I wanna wait a little.

Would do you think. The .12 size with a 380 can with 2P 2000ish mah. That might be a blast. Don't quote me but it's a smallish hull. Under 24" if I remember. I took the plans and enlarged them by 125% and the tub came out to 28 1/4 long. Sounded like a good size for the spec class.
    I think it's right around 24", so a 540 can would be nice, I don't know the internal dimensions so it's hard to tell what kind of cells to use... I believe that if one resizes plans i should be done wisely, I probably would not increase the width of the tub, given that the equipment you wanna use fits, length should be fine.

Observation: IMO

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast