Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: it's here!

Default it's here!

Added some paint and detail to bring her to life!!
    Stuck with the red and black scheem

Well it looks great looks like they use a solid cable now ...only one thing is my esc receiver unit is flopping around and it did not stay stuck in place so now i don't know where it supposed to go!!

I am going to put deans connectors on it and try and see if i can run it later.

Attached Images Attached Images
    :p What go faster that's what I like to do!
    Custom RC radio steering grips
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

WOW. look at this little bugger! Very nice!!!
    How does she ride? Take some video for us please
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

Quote Originally Posted by Ub Hauled View Post
    WOW. look at this little bugger! Very nice!!!
    How does she ride? Take some video for us please
    It is big it's 17.5IN long way nicer size than the other minis.
    I AM PISSED!!!
    First off when i got this the speed controle wasl off flopping all around it supposed to be way up under in top of the hull! boy what a time getting it back up where it belongs...there crappy velcro came right off the esc!

Next i go to the pond to shoot a video and i put it in the water and go about 2 feet and zeeeeeeee the dumb jerks who put it together did not tighten the coupler to the drive shaft!!! No video and a big wast of time ...and just to think i was almost going to take my tools along but i decided not to!!\

O well at least i got to run my groupner manta!! I got a little vid of it going i will post it later... Had troubles with this also my motor ran at 95 Deg but my ESC was 165Deg!! I have to put water cooling on it some how....
    Till next time!!
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

I just got one and everything was right. The stock motor and esc lasted one run. I am in the middle of modifying it to brushless. New flex shaft, stuffing tube, prop, and strut are in the mail. I will post some pix when I have it going.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZ28 View Post
    It is big it's 17.5IN long way nicer size than the other minis.
    I AM PISSED!!!
    First off when i got this the speed controle wasl off flopping all around it supposed to be way up under in top of the hull! boy what a time getting it back up where it belongs...there crappy velcro came right off the esc!

Next i go to the pond to shoot a video and i put it in the water and go about 2 feet and zeeeeeeee the dumb jerks who put it together did not tighten the coupler to the drive shaft!!! No video and a big wast of time ...and just to think i was almost going to take my tools along but i decided not to!!\
    O well at least i got to run my groupner manta!! I got a little vid of it going i will post it later... Had troubles with this also my motor ran at 95 Deg but my ESC was 165Deg!! I have to put water cooling on it some how....
    Till next time!!
    this is why we go over all parts and make sure they are tight and where they need to be and check for leaks before making a run...

What brushless are you going to try?

Quote Originally Posted by racer1 View Post
    I just got one and everything was right. The stock motor and esc lasted one run. I am in the middle of modifying it to brushless. New flex shaft, stuffing tube, prop, and strut are in the mail. I will post some pix when I have it going.
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

I am using the brushless motor and esc from the Helimax MX400 Pro

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLBS1&P=7

I would have some pictures posted by now but I can't figure out how to do it. I saved them to my profile but I don't know what to do from there. if U can help you will be able to see it.

what did you do with the motor mount?
    Is it a flex shaft now?
    Billy Graham

I left the stock motor mount the holes lined up perfect. I just wraped the strap with tape to make it tight on the motor. It comes with a solid piano wire shaft with a 3 or 4 mm drive. I put in a .91 flex shaft with a 1/8 drive. Do you know how to post pictures? sorry Im new.

copy the location of the picture (the URL) and go to the message window. At the top there is a picture icon paste the URL into it.

Billy Graham

Last edited by racer1; 08-20-2009 at 11:02 PM.

thanks for the instrustions

have you ran it yet? I wonder if it's gonna try to plane on the turn fins at higher speed. 2 turn fins on a hydro?! wonder how she's gonna ride

i have run it with and without those fins. I put them there in hopes of holding the nose down. now no matter what I do and how I adjust the drive and weight at about 30+ it stuffs the nose. I'm clueless cause I have tried less weight in the front and the torque rolls it over and adjusting the drive to pitch the nose up and it skips all over the water and is completely un-controlable. If you have any insight it would be great.

What prop is that?
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

Never noticed the two turn fins why on earth did you do that? that would cause more problems in handling.

i have run it with and without those fins. I put them there in hopes of holding the nose down. now no matter what I do and how I adjust the drive and weight at about 30+ it stuffs the nose. I'm clueless cause I have tried less weight in the front and the torque rolls it over and adjusting the drive to pitch the nose up and it skips all over the water and is completely un-controlable. If you have any insight it would be great.
    Billy Graham

Probably an x430
    Billy Graham

What's the "plate" near the front of the hull?

you can't tell in the picture bot the "plate" is actually stick on lead to add weight to the front. The prop is an octura X432 I'm gonna take off the two fins cause you're right it didn't help.

Should the prop be that far out back on this tiny little pond skimmer? I've been lurking around these mini thunder threads trying to decide whether this should be my first hydro. (I have access to a tiny pond, and can't go with anything much bigger or faster) TIA

The stock motor and esc lasted one run.
    They burned up on first run?

how much water gets inside of these buggers?

I am using the brushless motor and esc from the Helimax MX400 Pro
    will that motor fit the stock coupler/shaft/whatever you call it that goes to the stock prop? The only mods I plan to do are BL conversion and bigger turn fin.....just want a bit more speed and better turn bite. TIA

it didn't burn up, it just wasnt fast enough for me. If you don't tape it up a considerable amount of water gets inside but everything is "waterproof" I tape mine and I only get a little from the stuffing tube. I don't know what motor will fit the adapter right except for what I put in but you have to make a spacer for the strap that holds the motor cause it's a little smaller diameter.

If you go brushless I recomend that you only run up to 3000 kv and a 2 cell lipo or you start running into major stability issues withous serious modification (as you can see by the pictures)

as for the turn fin, just drill new holes in the boat and lower it like 1/2 inch. if you havea vice you can also put like 20-30 degrees of hook in it to hold the side down when you corner.

Here is a link for the motor.....Hope I could help.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLBS1&P=7
    SV 27 Brushless - Rio 51 - Mini Thunder - Commander II - Skunk Works Mini Bullnose

Mine feels pretty quick with the T-400 motor installed..... and it runs cool so i bet you can use a little bigger better prop and that to will make it a little faster.
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZ28 View Post
    Mine feels pretty quick with the T-400 motor installed..... and it runs cool so i bet you can use a little bigger better prop and that to will make it a little faster.
    What size is stock? What size would you suggest? I'm new and this is my first boat. TIA

Quote Originally Posted by SPISHAK View Post
    What size is stock? What size would you suggest? I'm new and this is my first boat. TIA
    Go on aquacrafts web site and look at the mini thunder and at the bottom they list hop ups and the T-400 is shown ...I used it and it makes the boat a nice swift speed.
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

Quote Originally Posted by SPISHAK View Post
    I was talking about the prop! My mini was just delivered and it does not look like a bigger prop will fit under there. I will keep it stock but with the T400 motor and 1600mah bat from the upgrade list.....and a maybe a bigger turn fin. I will also start on a custom paint scheme.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast