Thread: Etti ESC choices question..Which one to get???

Default Etti ESC choices question..Which one to get???

I see there is an Etti race 150a w/ bec 2-6cell and a Etti race 150a 2-7 cell w/o bec. I will be running 4-5 cell setups and I am wondering if one of these ESC's has been noticably more stable over the other. Any help/ opinions would be great. I am in need of a speed control, and I usually use seaking, but with the current issues, I am going to try Etti. Thanks, Mike

Oh, Also, I will be using a Medusa 36-70-2000kv motor. It is rated at 96a continuous, 115a burst. Im using it on a 34" Hornet Tunnel hull. Is this motor to much for those 150a controllers?
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

I had one of the BEC ones and it was sqiurrelly. Not sure if fluke or what, but I would recommend NOT using BEC on more than 2-3 cells lipo.

my dos centavos.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Do Etti's require a pistix?
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Nope.

Ok cool, I think I am going to get the 2-7 cell model w/o bec and the Etti capacitor bank. Will the castle external BEC work with this, or is there something else that is better?

Quote Originally Posted by cybercrxt View Post
    Ok cool, I think I am going to get the 2-7 cell model w/o bec and the Etti capacitor bank. Will the castle external BEC work with this, or is there something else that is better?
    4 reg 1.5v AA batts work fine for me. You can also get a rechargable 6v pack as well.