Thread: delta force vortex hydro

Default delta force vortex hydro

im planning on swapping my sv27 gear into this hull. im running a single 4s1p. my question is about motor placement. i read somewere on here about putting the motor further towards the transom. if i did that and put the pack in the center of the boat in front of the motor with receiver and pack on one side and servo and esc on the other would the COG be alright? how is everyone else with this hull setting up theirs? pics maybe?

I ran 2x2s lipos. I ran them in the sponsons. The motor was about at the place where the bubble in the hatch is it's largest. For me, the hull handled best with the cg at 1-1.25 inches behind the rear sponsons. place everything in the hull where you think youll want it and check the cg.

Are you going to transfer the hardware as well?
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

Default votex

Well to give you an idea here is how mine is set up, i have shifted one pack into the left hand sponson to settle it down in a stright line, it runs a blackjack motor and sv27 speedy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    will try till smoke?
    www.slaughtermotorsport.com

Quote Originally Posted by domwilson View Post
    Are you going to transfer the hardware as well?
    yes that was my plan. is that an issue?

You will need a new strut and may have to shorten the rudder thats all. the original sv strut wont work on type of boat.
    will try till smoke?
    www.slaughtermotorsport.com

Quote Originally Posted by SLAUGHTER_AUS View Post
    You will need a new strut and may have to shorten the rudder thats all. the original sv strut wont work on type of boat.
    what kind of strut do i need and what do you mean by shorten the rudder? bring it closer to the transom or the actual length of the rudder itself

Quote Originally Posted by 2ltrvtec View Post
    yes that was my plan. is that an issue?
    It may be. you may not get the kind of adjustments that are required of a hydro. One being strut height. Hydros are a bit more difficult to get running properly as they operate on the water a little differently from monos.
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

Quote Originally Posted by j.m. View Post
    thank you sir. now can i pull the stuffing tube out of the sv hull and put it in the vortex? and then run the same drive cable.

should i run the motor behind the pack near the transom with pack running bow to transom or the motor farther up with the pack port to starboard in front the motor about an inch back from the sponsons?

Put the pack sideways as far forward as possible, then the motor as far forward as it needs to be to get the cg at 1" behind the sponsons with all your other gear in the boat. (servo, esc, Rx in appropriate places)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ltrvtec View Post
    thank you sir. now can i pull the stuffing tube out of the sv hull and put it in the vortex? and then run the same drive cable.
    No, you cannot.
    Don't get me started

You'll def need a new cable and tube. [much longer]

can i use a 3/16th prop shaft so i can use my sv drive dog? and what prop should i run? somthing much smaller than my cf 48?

Use this cable>
    http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...od=hug-e1067sp

Or an octura equivalent. The difference is the hughey cables have a shorter shaft and are higher quality (so i've heard).

x637 worked great for me. depends on your setup though. to much prop will make it prop walk like crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    x637 worked great for me. depends on your setup though. to much prop will make it prop walk like crazy!
    i know about monos (real boats) but never a hydro. i know what prop walk is though. im going to run the stock sv27 motor with a ul-1 esc and a single 4s1p 5000mah