Thread: those of you going so fast your flipping...

Default those of you going so fast your flipping...

im waiting for my 4s1p single pack and im worried im going to flip alot. has anyone weighted this hull to try to keep it down? i was going to use two old nimh pack on the sides to see if it helps. or should i put the sv motor and esc and harware on a delta force hydro or vee?

You need to add weight to the hull under the motor if your going to be running lipos.
    Z
    KBB34" Mono - Fast
    ToySport Triton- Not as fast

under the motor? i had moved my old packs up even with the motor. i was just going to set them in there with the lipo in front of the motor

Alright, if thats what you want to do then go ahead and place 4 batteries total in your boat and only run 2 of them.
    Z
    KBB34" Mono - Fast

im only running one pack. i rewired my esc for one 4s1p pack. plus the old packs are bad so the only good for ballast

I would suggest going to a tire shop or auto parts store and getting some wheel balancing weights. That way you can add or subtract weight as needed.
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

Well he wants to use an entire battery pack.
    I say goodluck to that.
    Z
    KBB34" Mono - Fast

I would say..... get that delta force hull you mentioned in post#1

I ran 2 4s1p packs in mine for a while, but I ran them parallel so I had 1 pack on either side. Now I use 2s1p 5000mah packs 2 at the time. About 5 oz of weight under the motor. I've never had a issue with "flipping" my boat at WOT in a straight run, it's only in a turn to the left......but I'm about to rememdy that.

Quote Originally Posted by scooterP View Post
    I ran 2 4s1p packs in mine for a while, but I ran them parallel so I had 1 pack on either side. Now I use 2s1p 5000mah packs 2 at the time. About 5 oz of weight under the motor. I've never had a issue with "flipping" my boat at WOT in a straight run, it's only in a turn to the left......but I'm about to rememdy that.
    iv seen videos of the faster sv's just blowing over after 50 mph. i know i wont be over 50 with my set up. im kinda interested in getting the hydro delta force hull and swapping all the sv stuff into it. also about those weights from a tire shop, i happen to own a body shop and have a tire shop right down the street from my shop that we do lots of buisness with. i can easily get some of those. so basically minus the from the one guy, is the idea of running the old packs to much weight? i should go with using just the tire weights and add as necessary or just go straight to the delta hydro? that hull looks so sweet

I'm new to boating, but not to RC.....with that in mind......... I feel that you might end up with too much weight using the 2 old battery packs back there. With my 2 2s packs, I used the weight under the motor. When I ran the 2 4s packs in parallel, I didn't use any extra weight, I just had them mounted with the front of pack even with the motor mount.

I would go get the lead, then I would try in the different configurations and decide for myself. That would be the only way to know for sure.

I don't know about boats (trying to learn), but in every other aspect of RC that I have been involved in, weight is something that you don't want to have to add unless absolutely necessary.

The hydro would be nice as well...but for the type of water that I'm running in, the deepvee is the way to go for me. As far as going over 50 with the SV, I'm in the 40's with mine, and I just don't see how such a small hull can really be any more fun much faster. The mass isn't there for much more........unless you have perfect conditions every day........which ain't gonna happen.

i think im going to go with the delta force hull and swap everything. eventually im going to wanna swap motors and esc's and more lipo so the vortex is a better platform. ill play with the sv on 4s until im able to get that hull its out of stock here on ose