Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Seaking Boat ESC recalled by factory

Look at my post above with a picture of the NEW 180A esc. If Lasse's new 180 doesn't have that filter circuit in the lead, then it is NOT the new one. He needs to take a picture of his that failed and copy the picture of the new one I have provided and tell Himodel about it. Himodel's offer to pay return shipping is unheard of! I've dealt with China for many years and never found anyone that good! That is commendable but SOMEHOW, if the 'upgraded' one doesn't have the circuit, somebody in the chain messed up.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Confusion reigns supreme! Grrrr. I just received my shipment of the new controllers and the 180A does NOT have the inline filter in the throttle cable like the picture! The 120's DO have it. I'm going to contact the manufacturer to ask the questions! I know for sure what I have are the updated controllers but not sure why he told me about the filter when it doesn't have it. Could be that they did something different in the software to take care of the problem after they produced SOME of the controllers with the filter. Go figure, eh! I'll be contacting those of you on the waiting list so I can get your controllers shipped off to you.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Weird, Jim, Make sure you hold 2 for me if you still have them. I know you have me for one, but I saw someone removed themselves from the list! Mike

Also, clear your PM box!
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Well, just received the shipment and the 180's do NOT have the filter! I have emailed the factory to ask 'em wassup? totally CORNFUSED now! I know what I have is the latest and greatest but WITHOUT that filter!

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    One of the improvements to the 3sc's is two DC-DC regulator chips in the throttle channel cabe to protect the switching mode builtin BEC.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Yep, you're on there for two Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by cybercrxt View Post
    Weird, Jim, Make sure you hold 2 for me if you still have them. I know you have me for one, but I saw someone removed themselves from the list! Mike

Also, clear your PM box!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Does the 180 have plastic wrapping around the 3 condensators? Mine does not?
    Edit: Now that i took a closer look mine also have the plastic around? Sorry!

It also has a ferrit ring om the wire to the reciver.
    Last edited by Lasse Baardseth; 11-09-2009 at 02:35 PM.

OK guys, I only have ONE 180 left!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Yes it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasse Baardseth View Post
    Does the 180 have plastic wrapping around the 3 condensators? Mine does not?
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I have PM'd or emailed everyone on the waiting list. Please send your payment ASAP. There is a lot of demand and my price is very fair. I am setting a deadline of Nov 21'st for you to pay for your items. After that, I will take you off the current list and offer the item(s) to someone else. Fair enough?

Thanks Guys!
    Jim
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Paypal sent.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Can we trust the 180a ESC from Hobbywing?

Now that the BEC broke down in under 10 seconds on the new and inprowed esc, i lost the faith in this product.

Can i use the ESC with Ubec and be happy?

Or should i return it and buy an ETTI?

You should NOT use the internal bec on 6s,.....on ANY esc!

I cant find that information in the instruction manual?

If the ESC cant handle BEC combined with 6s, there should be a warning.

Got it! Thanks. Will ship your esc in the morning.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    Paypal sent.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

The reason the 180A esc doesn't have the filter in the throttle lead is because there was room inside the case on the 180 to put it in there. It is only on the throttle lead on the 120's.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I plan to push this esc pretty hard. I will use it in a 34" sprintcat with a Feigao 580L on 5s2p. Hopefully it will be up to the task. I will report on how it goes. As far as the bec on 6s, it's kind of an unwritten rule that anything over 4s you should run a rx pack or ubec. I agree that esc manufacturers should state this. Maybe someone who knows more about why this is could chime in. I know it has something to do with ripple current.

yep...far fewer issues if you just run a rx pack when over 4S. I prefer no bec anyway.

how do you remove the bec? i have no problems with running a rx pack.

Quote Originally Posted by onegreenray View Post
    how do you remove the bec? i have no problems with running a rx pack.
    Just remove the red wire from the 3 wire harness going to your Rx and tape it back, then the BEC is disabled. You could cut it too but, the first method can be reversed.

You can't actually physically remove it.
    Nortavlag Bulc

The way I prefer to do it is to add a short servo extension and disable the red wire there rather than the lead on the ESC. That way, if you want to go back to using the BEC, just remove the extension!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I've got to get some 4" extensions.
    Nortavlag Bulc

It's easy enough to remove the pin to the connector. Use a small screwdriver to lift the tab and pull it out. Then you just pop back in if you want.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Been running seaking 180/v2 on 6s with a 4082 in a DF33 for a few months now , one problem i had from new, the LVC was cutting in way to early when set @ 3.2volts , i was only using 1000 mah,( if that) out of 5000 packs before it would cut in , had to set the LVC @ 2.8 volts to stop it cutting out to early now it cuts in with about 1000 mah left in the packs ... apart from that its ran well , pulling some big AMPs
    UL1- 1515 castle/neu / 240 swordfish
    SV27- with UL1 running gear
    33 Delta Force - 1521-1.5D/Neu/ 240 swordfish/4S2P

sailr;
    what ever happened to the suppo 200a hv esc's?

I still have one of the BIG suppo 200HV's I'd sell for $120 shipped. Other than that, I never had any.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

quick question, how did they work?

(before making up my mind.)

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    I still have one of the BIG suppo 200HV's I'd sell for $120 shipped. Other than that, I never had any.
    Nice deal!
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by scoota View Post
    Been running seaking 180/v2 on 6s with a 4082 in a DF33 for a few months now , one problem i had from new, the LVC was cutting in way to early when set @ 3.2volts , i was only using 1000 mah,( if that) out of 5000 packs before it would cut in , had to set the LVC @ 2.8 volts to stop it cutting out to early now it cuts in with about 1000 mah left in the packs ... apart from that its ran well , pulling some big AMPs
    I been wondering why mine was cutting out seaking 180/v2 on 5s with 4074 in the jesse james (80s aeromarine cat 21) 440/3 blades.Though it was heat related.I took temp.reading after 2 min. run at 98*-102* at the caps or esc body.battery at 100*- 109* and still have more power at the battery leads.Will reprogram the esc to a lower setting and try it this weekend.First at 3.0v and then at 2.8v.Will take battery voltage reading to see where its at when it cuts in.Thanks from you guys for the info.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678