Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mid Atlantic Boaters, lets break the FE barrier in IMPBA D12

Quote Originally Posted by egneg View Post
    I would like to put in a 1515-1Y but in reality I will probably put in a Feigao 540-7XL or maybe 580-6L. I don't know for sure and am still up in the air about it.
    I have the same champagne taste with a Budweiser budget. The 1515-1Y would be my choice for the Rico if I can afford it...I might have to sell my Aeromarine Sprint cat to make up for the build!

I think I will bring a couple boats with me to sell at the Sept. race...

-Kent
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12
    My Gallery: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/album.php?u=1738

I went to the race in Chesapeake today and had a great time and folks were very friendly and would answer any questions that I had. As this was the first race I have attended I learned a great deal. I even remembered to take some pictures!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just a few more ...

Great pics egneg!! I see you got one of John Finch working under the Virginia Craftsman canopy! I can't even imagine how much he knows about RC boats!!

Glad you went and got some pics for us!! The races are a fun place to be at!

-Kent
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12

Glad you had a good time Chuck. Thanks for the pictures. I would of been there this year but I'm still recovering from a 20 hour car ride from earlier in the week. Looks like the weather turned out nice also.

As fun as it is to watch the race. Participating is even more fun. From the time the trailers pull up and watching old friends that havent seen each other in years greet each other to strangers helping each other set up. Families racing together. Thats what it's all about.

hahahaha im even in the 3rd pic chuck..by don ferette tent..white shirt,bald head

Quote Originally Posted by dirtysouth31 View Post
    hahahaha im even in the 3rd pic chuck..by don ferette tent..white shirt,bald head
    I have another one where you are a bit closer.

figured u would

since my last post was moved and edited by a power hungry mod,i will just say again what i wanted to say in first place...i talk to the impba district 12 director at least once a week and the topic always gets brought up by me did anybody from an electric club in va get in contact with you.the answer is the same week in and week out...no..why is that?the phone number was given,e-mail addy as well but nobody will call or write...why?you will sit on forums and say what a bunch of a-holes d-12 is but never make a honest effort to be-freind any of them..i dont even run boats anymore but i will still show up at races to say whats up to people i havent seen in a while..nobody wants us to run electric boats cause we are faster!join the impba aqnd find out..more to running fast boats than buying a hot motor and running up and down for 1 minute,or doing circles..people learn the rules of racing,learn to drive,than go to a damn race (3 of you)and know there not making it tough on you cause u have electrics its the damn rules..3 people make a heat..lets cut the b.s kiddie crap and join an orginization,get your stuff together and go out and have fun..if you think your faster prove it on the water,not on a keyboard....and was glad that egneg atleast took the inituative to see what an actual race day looked and felt like..

Moved, Yes.
    Edited, NO.

This was my post in the FEMBOT thread just before I closed it. (I started the thread, I'll close it if I want to)

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    It looks like we're done here. Thanks everyone!
    ...shame, I wanted to name the group "Team Alpha Super Awesome Cool Dynamite Wolf Squadron"

This was YOUR post that was moved (not edited)

Quote Originally Posted by dirtysouth31 View Post
    looks like were done here
    It obviously was in direct response to my comment, you couldn't put it in the FEMBOT thread since it was closed. So I put it there for you. Explain how that designates "power hungry"?

...as for the rest of your comments, point taken. I know that Egneg intends to build a 31" El Lobo4 hull I gave him, and he intends to race it with them. I have been considering a Rico31 mono No point in running my hydro if Egneg builds a mono.

Now let me go paste this in the OTHER thread you started with the exact same comments.
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Oh, and you know better than anyone here that NO ONE would want to have their boat in the water with mine at the same time. Poor depth perception remember?
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Since I don't know what I said or did to trigger this, I'll open the FEMBOT thread again, Now hopefully I have undone whatever is upsetting you.

By the way, It's good to have you back posting again!

WOW!!
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12

Well I don't know what to say. The Virginia Beach area has always been the top choice on where my wife and I want to retire, but now you guys have scared the crap out of me.

I started this venture in part to bring people together that have this sickness that we all share. And it looks like we are making progress. I have no idea whats been going on and frankly it's none of my business. I just hope the parties involved can all cool down over the next few days and remember what brought them together and also that none of us are perfect. I also hope that we have not lost any of the progress we have made over the past few weeks.

Now, For those that want to, Let's Shut Up and RACE!!!!!
    Last edited by Chilli; 09-01-2009 at 09:36 AM.

I realize that a few of the guys that are thinking about joining us next year are running smaller hydros. I appreciate the fact that you guys are considering taking the time and expense to build P-monos to race. A race weekend can have allot of down time. Especially if your running only one class. So if it looks like we will get the particpation we need for P-Mono, I'll build a vac-u-pickle over the winter to run with the hydros. All we need is three for a heat.

Just trying to sweenten the pot.
    Last edited by Chilli; 09-02-2009 at 11:38 PM.

OK, I'm going to say this again for the sake of others who may be interested in running boats with this club.

I have been to practices over a dozen times and sometimes I am greeted with open, kind-hearted folks and other times, a few people have been downright rude.

That being said, as with any group, I'm sure that there are all types and I completely understand that one bad apple may not be a representation of the group as a whole. For that matter, it just goes to prove that all are accepted.
    ____

For me personally, I am not interested in going racing. It's just not an interest I have. That may change in the future, but for now, that's the way I feel. I will certainly support the local FE guys by having a boat to enter into the races that meets the rules, but I'm not enthusiastic about building a large mono. I'd much rather put together a vac-u-pickle such as Nautiboyz's idea.
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Quote Originally Posted by Nautiboyz View Post
    I'll build a vac-u-pickle over the winter to run with your hydros. The class is N2-Hydro running 2S power.
    Consider making them P-Spec Hydros or LSH with the SV, Blackjack or UL-1 motors. They will be less expensive to build,easier on equipment, and will still be fast enough to get in trouble.
    This is the fastest growing class in D-13. We even have some IC guys running it.

Doug
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Very Good Ben. Thanks.

Appreciate your guidance Doug, That's definately an option to consider.
    I know your talking about gas/nitro guys, but what does IC stand for???? I forget.

Mike

Internal Combustion

Thanks. I think a few of my FE boats are IC and I have the speed controllers to prove it.

LOL!! No IC Etti's in there I hope!
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12

Two Etti's but both my bad. One was a prop shaft that was too tight in the strut, second one I was running in brackish water.

Besides the P-mono winter project I have a UL-1 and a H&M XS2 that could run in the P-Hydro, and a Campbell shovel that would qualify LSH with a motor change.

I've known Don Ferrette since he came into RC boating with the Capitol RC Boat Club in northern VA and he is a great guy that really puts his all out for the RC boating hobby. I am an old nitro guy who is interested in getting into electric for sport running, but like the current nitro guys you are talking about I get a bit weezy when I read about a $200-$400 controller that blows up the first time you hook it up to the batteries. Or the problems you have just trying to update the controller. No doubt that electric will take over in the end, just be paitent with the "old" guys but keep pushing....

Hey Dennis, Thanks for the post and the words of encouragement. Your correct that the Capitol RC Club is for the most part old school nitro, but so far they have been very open minded. Just trying to get the rest of the district on board. Did you used to live/work in NoVA?

Chuck, I think were in good shape running hydro's next year. Looks like most of you guys have some sort of hydro in the mid-upper 20 inch range. I will follow you guy's lead. I'm leaning toward a Vac-u pickle with UL1 power. We can run the 2s class, 4s or both together. What ever gets the guys on the water cheap and easy. I was thinking it would be fun to see you run the UL1 against the Miss Vegas .18 Nitro in a battle of the RTR's. It wouldnt be pretty. I laped the one I raced in the Novice/RTR class

If this goes through, I'm gonna have three builds over the winter. A 29 Titan for my younger son, a Pickle and the Gas Sniper. What the hell am I getting myself into??
    Last edited by Chilli; 09-04-2009 at 01:54 AM.

HaHaHa...Mike you are hillarious!

UL-1 power sounds good to me (in my Rigged Insanity) with 2S2P...

-Kent
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12

Quote Originally Posted by egneg View Post
    Besides the P-mono winter project I have a UL-1 and a H&M XS2 that could run in the P-Hydro, and a Campbell shovel that would qualify LSH with a motor change.
    Yes!! I like the Campbell Shovel!!

-Kent
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12

Kent, is the UL-1, 2S power or 4s?

I deleted part of what I previously posted here so I you read it, disregard. I'm going be keep a low profile in Hagerstown.

BTW- I did email Don yesterday. No responce yet. I know he's a busy guy so I'll be patient.
    Last edited by Chilli; 09-04-2009 at 01:55 AM.

It will be 4S...There are two packs (one on top of the other in the pic)...I can move the top pack back and forth to adjust the balance point.

-Kent
    Last edited by HOTWATER; 09-07-2009 at 11:03 PM.
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12

Well the weather wasnt that great this weekend. And I got to thinking about the first race I attended this year. How I went into it not knowing at all what to expect, worrying about what to do and trying not to look too much like a newbie. So I decided to compile what little knowledge I have gained over the past year and compose a paper for future D12 competitors that have never attended a race.

Now this little guide that I have authored is based on 1/3 observation, 1/3 limited experience and 1/3 fiction. What is the fiction you ask? Well the race start, mill and end of heat proceedures are nothing more than proposals that I present to you potential D12 racers and that I will present to D12 this winter if you all agree to them. Where did they come from? Doug Smock was nice enough to review my paper and offered his suggestions based on what has been sucessful in D13. These proceedures were developed to minimize stress on our equipment. I hope you all find this document helpfull. If anyone has any suggestions, criticism or comments, feel free to voice them. And if anyone thinks this is worth the paper it's printed on and thinks it can be helpfull to someone else, feel free to edit it and make it your own.

Lastly I want to say even though I have taken some initiative to fire up FE racing in D12, don't mistake for a leader . I am merely a IMPBA member, and a over enthusiastic cheerleader with too much time on my hands. We are all equal in this and we will all have equal say in how to proceed.

Rock On!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Chilli; 09-16-2009 at 10:45 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast