Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: House health bill makes private medical insurance illegal

Quote Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
    My doctor works for me, not the insurance company. How does one deny service and get more money? I'd like that kind of job, I could deny doing anything and come home with a nice fat paycheck. Perhaps only in California?
    The sad thing is you actually believe this. Hopefully because you have not had to make use of anything dire. You really need to do some homework on how health care actually works for people who get sick or those that do not have any.
    Don't get me started

Quote Originally Posted by Bill-SOCAL View Post
    The sad thing is you actually believe this. Hopefully because you have not had to make use of anything dire. You really need to do some homework on how health care actually works for people who get sick or those that do not have any.
    No, Bill, I'm just pointing out the idiocy of your comments. For a smart guy you sure come up with some "winners." My sister-in-law is a nurse, my sister was an EMT, another friend is a CPA for a healthcare giant, and the other I already mentioned works in the ER. You're right, I don't know anything and neither do they.

Andy

PS - That was sarcastic, in case you need it explained.
    Spektrum Development Team

OK, I'm an idiot, your sister-IN-LAW is a nurse, your SISTER is an EMT and health care is perfect.

Got it.

Edited to correct unimportant factual error.
    Last edited by Bill-SOCAL; 07-26-2009 at 06:59 PM.
    Don't get me started

You can't even copy words from my post correctly!!! Slow down and READ it, dude, that's NOT what I said.

:) You'd never make it as President; you have to be able to read the teleprompter to us :)

Andy

Two words to prove the system is broken...Kaiser-Permanente.

Google it. Read it. Learn it.
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

For those of you (Andy) who see no problem with our current healthcare system, this should make some fun reading:

http://baselinescenario.com/2009/07/...ce-innovation/
    Don't get me started

Sorry, Bill, but maybe I wasn't clear. I didn't say it has "NO" problems, but I think that the problems are far easier and smaller a fix than having the gov't be in competition with private industry.

Nothing man creates is perfect. Hardly anything that politicians create (or their aides, or the industry advisors writing it for them) is genuinely good for the people.

Andy

While both parties agree that healthcare in this country needs reform, they are not in agreement on which actions to take. Healthcare primarily is about saving lives. Money should only be secondary in this proccess. Unfortunately, it has become the primary concern of those who manage it.
    Government Moto:

Quote Originally Posted by domwilson View Post
    Money should only be secondary in this proccess.
    Money is the REALITY of the process... you can't simply sluff that off to the side for the greater "ideal" of "saving lives"...

Here's my "bottom line" I am against anything that is primarily motivated to protect the profits of the insurance companies. They could care less if you live or die, for the Love Of God, they give their people BONUSES for denying care. So for me rewarding these scum is far worse than having the government have a hand in it.

I am not anti-business unless it means people die or suffer because some insurance company wants to make more money. Why not give a shot at actually caring for our own citizens so that everyone has an equal shot at LIFE, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
    Don't get me started

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    Money is the REALITY of the process... you can't simply sluff that off to the side for the greater "ideal" of "saving lives"...
    And that is the crux of the matter. The right thinks that the pursuit of profit trumps the pursuit of life, all their protestations of being "right to life" and such. The right will force an unwanted child into the world and then abandon them to possibly die for the lack of adequate health care.

The right prefers a profit based system that enriches the insurance companies over a system that guarantees all citizens the right to adequate health care irrespective of their ability to pay for it.

Money rules.

Nice, real nice.
    Don't get me started

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    Every business has the right to make a profit. But I don't agree they have the right to "save a buck" at the expense of someones life.
    Government Moto:

Have we as a society become so callous as to the needs of fellow humans?
    Government Moto:

The right thinks that the pursuit of profit trumps the pursuit of life,

Money rules.

Nice, real nice.
    That's total BS Bill and you know it! You KNOW that's NOT what I was talking about! Are you so leftist-blinded that you can't see REALITY!????

You HAVE to be able to PAY for this stuff somehow! THAT is reality. I didn't say anything about profit, motives, ambitions, or business, etc... I simply inferred that STUFF costs MONEY, and without the MONEY, you can't get the STUFF...

SHEESH, is it REALLY that hard to figure this $hit out for you guys???

What's the FIRST thing they come for when they need to try to "fix" the situation in Darfur, or after the Sunami hits, or when New Orleans gets flooded??? MONEY! That's the green stuff, you know... the green stuff that let's you BUY things, like medicine, band-aides, etc...

If you need me to spell it out, just let me know....

Bill,

Saturday, for the first time in ages, I sat down and read a book cover-to-cover. It was "Apache" by Ed Macy, a British pilot in Afghanistan. It goes into detail about how he earned a Military Cross for a rescue. The pilots involved calculated how much money they spent just in their own munitions rescuing a downed Marine.

$1.5 million.

And it turned out he was dead when they got him to the hospital.

You find few people more "right wing" than guys in uniform (enough to have them get special attention from Homeland Security - can you believe that!?!?!) and here they are spending $1.5 million to save a dead man.

Please come back to reality before you make obviously untrue stereotypes about right vs. left and money and priorities.

Andy

Talk about comparing apples to Studebakers!!

So heroic action in combat to save a fallen comrade is proof that the right wing cares more about people than money?? Huh?

Andy, if that were indeed the case then we would not see every Republican in Congress doing their dead level best to preserve the current system which preserves enormous profit for the insurance companies.

I have no objection to private insurance companies providing health coverage, but I take great exception to them when profit trumps their duty to protect the health of their customers.

So Andy, imagine if those heli pilots had to call Kaiser first to see if it was OK to spend that million point five BEFORE they took action. What do you supposed the outcome would have been??
    Don't get me started

Interesting discourse. I have lived in two countries with a health care system neither are perfect and both have the ability for private procedurers,in Canada for only some specified procedurers. In the UK you have the option of the private system or the government funded system. The private system is more expedient but not better in terms of care.

Douggie
    Last edited by Flying Scotsman; 07-27-2009 at 01:57 PM.

Funny you should ask that question, Bill. You need to read the book and find out, because they DID ask ...

Andy

So Andy, imagine if those heli pilots had to call Kaiser first to see if it was OK to spend that million point five BEFORE they took action. What do you supposed the outcome would have been??
    They would have denied the claim. Later, settle for a lot less in mandatory arbitration.
    Government Moto:

Quote Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
    Funny you should ask that question, Bill. You need to read the book and find out, because they DID ask ...

Andy
    Andy, seriously, you cannot compare these two situations and if you cannot see that then I guess this will have to be yet another place where we will have to agree to disagree.
    Don't get me started

Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

Straight from the non partisan budget office

http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz0MQb9vTLi
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

The solution is this. Those who would like to keep their private insurance can do so, but can not change over to public. Those who would like government insurance can have it, but if they dislike the service, then they can switch to private.
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

One word comes to mind; Sad.
    Government Moto:

End All Corporations tomorrow, A 100 million man march encircle the district of thieves called Washington.

Dangerous Alliance of Health Industry and Right-Wingers Will Stop at Nothing to Derail Progressive Reforms

http://www.opednews.com/articles/Dan...90728-627.html

Quote Originally Posted by RCprince View Post
    The solution is this. Those who would like to keep their private insurance can do so, but can not change over to public. Those who would like government insurance can have it, but if they dislike the service, then they can switch to private.
    Not too bad, except that those who chose public should be stuck with the public version.

And (I bet you agree with this one) - all members of this and all Congresses MUST use the public version or lose their lifetime dole.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by RCprince View Post
    Dangerous Alliance of Health Industry and Right-Wingers Will Stop at Nothing to Derail Progressive Reforms

http://www.opednews.com/articles/Dan...90728-627.html
    If this is how they truly think...Childish. I would think it would really make their light shine if they came up with a better plan. One that makes the Dems plan look less appealing and offered bettered services to the public.
    Government Moto:

Ok, so my father is 67 and needs open heart surgery. He's over weight, had two strokes, diabetes's and has heart problems. Does he get the operation under O's plan?
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast