Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new proboat catamaran

I agree. I got into Boats about 3 months ago when I bought a cheap RTR boat at a flea market for $50. That little 10mph, no reverse, no servo piece of crap was enough for the bug to bite. Two weeks later I bought a Villain EX. I had that in the water twice and loved it. As soon as the second outing was over I said "Now how do I make this thing FASTER?" LOL With limited funds I am slowly upgrading the Shockwave 26 I bought too because I like the hull. It's on!!!!

Evo if I can offer you some advice. Keep costs and your hull limits in mind when upgrading. I have dumped 1 or 2 hundred bucks in a hull only to find out its unable to handle the power. One way around it is to buy upgrades that can be used in a variety of hulls & drive systems. The obvious reasons is your parts can grow with your experience.

that's very good advice but I'm sure I'll screw up anyway LOL

has anyone actually seen this boat yet? I would love to get some real world opinions on it.

Quote Originally Posted by sidv13 View Post
    has anyone actually seen this boat yet? I would love to get some real world opinions on it.
    It has not been released yet.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

oh ok I thought on horizon it said that you can backorder them and they no longer have a due date on them so I thought they had been released just out of stock.

Default Starter Boat

I have to say that it this is a good value and mix for an entry boat.

Nope, its not as fast as the BJ
    Yes, they kept costs down with molded abs and solid drive line
    Yes, steerable drives are not so good for faster setups, but works good in this one

My first boat was a Miss Budwiser many, many, years ago. LOVED IT. The Apache was my second entry, and now I also have a BJ.

I have since upgraded my Apache to Brushless and it is the same speed as the BJ (totally stock BJ), and that is with NiMH.

Good boat to get started with. As ReddyWatts said: drag them in cheap!

WHOA, just noticed this post is over a year old!
    Last edited by ApacheDude; 12-11-2008 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Update
    Boats:
    Proboat Apache 24
    Proboat Blackjack 26 Brushless

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12