Thread: Turnigy 80Hv Mystery Wire?

Default Turnigy 80Hv Mystery Wire?

I got a Turnigy 80Hv for a Titan build I'm planning.
    Here it is
    http://hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store...hless_Boat_ESC

I need to know what the extra receiver lead and the 16 gauge wire running along side the negative battery lead are for

The instruction are not helpful at all. I have read in another discussion that the long receiver lead is for use with a programming card.

Does anyone know what the small black lead is for? Does it need to be connected to the Neg Batt lead.
    It also has a small bullet connector I guess you'd use as a disconnect for whatever feature this lead provides.

Here are some pics.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks

Looks like a anti-spark wire. Hook that up to the battery before the other leads and it will arrest the spark going to the esc.
    Team Liquid Dash

Hey, I think you're right. Very innovative of somebody to finally do that! Cool! That's one BIG resistor in there! haha
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Got this off the hobbycity website...

-Reply from Mustang Sally (632 points);
    There are 2 control wires on the HV controller. The longer one is close to the positive battery wire, which is connected with the
    receiver, and the shorter one is close to the negative battery wire, which can be connected with the program card to set the
    programmable parameters of the controller.
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

domwilson, that explains the 2 receiver leads, but it's more the single black lead I'm unsure of.

Quote Originally Posted by Raydee View Post
    Looks like a anti-spark wire. Hook that up to the battery before the other leads and it will arrest the spark going to the esc.
    If it is for this purpose wouldn't you also have to hook up the pos lead to complete the circuit?

How would you wire it, straight onto the Deans conn.?

It doesn't matter what lead the RESISTOR is on as far as I know. Take the other side that has the smaller bullet and wire it to the neg side of your batt. When you are ready to run hook up the POS lead, then hook up the small lead with the resistor shrink wrapped in and the larger neg lead last.
    Team Liquid Dash

Sounds good.
    I found this which helps as I'll be running Deans.
    http://www.scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/_nospark.html

I also read that castle doesn't want is to use a anti spark device on the hv contollers either. I poste that on the other forum and was quickly told I was wrong. I read a thread on rc groups where castle posted that on their controllers the spark is your friend.
    Team Liquid Dash

do you know how many lipo cells this esc will handle?? I see on their website it says it can handle 5s-12s? Just find it kind of hard that it can handle 12s? And what size is the wire on the battery side?

From some of the reviews it sounds like it handles things well.
    I will be running it on 10s A123 so thats only 33v with a 20Xl. I'll definitely post my results when I've seen it run.