Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hyperion G3

PolyRC skip a pin. TP bought their cells from Enerland. No comment about Fred. Lots to talk about there.

Quote Originally Posted by sjslhill View Post
    I think he is refering to cell pro, I think they skip a pin. Hyperion/Enerland were the 2nd company to sell LiPoly after TP that I am aware of.

Fred Marks at FMA has always made things veri difficult for everyone.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

The first was the align style (jst) plug without the little clip/latch. That is what I prefer. Good for you for not skipping a pin! That just screws everything up. Yes, you can move it over but then the plug itself is the wrong size to fit the appropriate socket on the board.

Who do you think was first? Which one do you use?

I never skip a pin when I make packs using Hyperion taps. The + is moved.

thanks,
    Steve
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    PolyRC skip a pin. TP bought their cells from Enerland. No comment about Fred. Lots to talk about there.
    Not on my balancer, I have one from Hyperion and it's a perfect fit.
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

Default Well....

TP gets cells from China and Saehan. TP got some cells from Enerland once, that's over with. I never saw a JST until recently and you can't even buy the taps that I am aware of. Seems to me that you have this all backwards.

PolyRC skip a pin. TP bought their cells from Enerland. No
    comment about Fred. Lots to talk about there.

Is there any company the does NOT get their cells from China???

There's probably only one LiPo supplier ...."LiPos R Us"... that supplies all cells to all the so called "manufacturers" so they can put their own label on them and charge crazy prices for their packs.

I would love to know how much a (example) $100.00 2S pack actually costs to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Is there any company the does NOT get their cells from China???

There's probably only one LiPo supplier ...."LiPos R Us"... that supplies all cells to all the so called "manufacturers" so they can put their own label on them and charge crazy prices for their packs.

I would love to know how much a (example) $100.00 2S pack actually costs to make.

You would probably be sick...I know I would be
    Team Liquid Dash

Saehan and Enerland are in South Korea. My guess is that those cells are worth about $5 or something each.

The China thing is interesting, China is known for putting out batches of junk. Steven and I have both seen that from time to time. I expect that Hyperion, Neu and Thunder Power to have a bad batch at some point.
    Last edited by sjslhill; 07-22-2009 at 02:04 PM. Reason: spelling correction

How much Do those 4s 5500mah packs weigh? We have a maximum weight limit of 560g for our 4s classes in Europe.
    Last edited by NativePaul; 07-22-2009 at 05:48 PM.

Too heavy for your class.....

Allerc is out of 5500 4S and we still have access to some....if anyone wants any, PM me. This is my last posts on these

thanks,
    Steve

Hmmm, I guess Charlie Wang just lied to me then. The only reason I mention JST is that is what some suppliers are calling them. Same as the align plug.

TP gets cells from China and Saehan. TP got some cells from Enerland once, that's over with. I never saw a JST until recently and you can't even buy the taps that I am aware of. Seems to me that you have this all backwards.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Default It does not matter....

Well, they will lie to you and maybe they did to me. I just thought I knew some things. I knew who did all of testing for Charlie at one point and maybe things have changed. It does not matter anyway. Yes, I know the aling / jst plug and everyone wants them, I wish there was a place to buy them in bulk, I can all the others. If you want to complain, they are the exclusive plugs.

Anyhow....a good discussion...I am with you, I have talked to them all. LiPoly started back in 2001. I wish I would have jumped on a distribution, had no cash and did not want to borrow. Kokam was a player at one point as well and I could buy them direct from Korea. Apogee was a player at one point 5 or 6 years ago, we sold those. E-tec were very good packs, we sold those from Dave at Aircraft-World

Hmmm, I guess Charlie Wang just lied to me then. The only reason I mention JST is that is what some suppliers are calling them. Same as the align plug.

How many align plugs you want? Do you want them prewired or just the plastic?

Well, they will lie to you and maybe they did to me. I just thought I knew some things. I knew who did all of testing for Charlie at one point and maybe things have changed. It does not matter anyway. Yes, I know the aling / jst plug and everyone wants them, I wish there was a place to buy them in bulk, I can all the others. If you want to complain, they are the exclusive plugs.

Anyhow....a good discussion...I am with you, I have talked to them all. LiPoly started back in 2001. I wish I would have jumped on a distribution, had no cash and did not want to borrow. Kokam was a player at one point as well and I could buy them direct from Korea. Apogee was a player at one point 5 or 6 years ago, we sold those. E-tec were very good packs, we sold those from Dave at Aircraft-World
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I just want the pig tails........I have seen complete plugs at hobby-city, they are really short and we had to cut off one end.

Sorry, I'm confused. You want them pre-wired but with substantial wire length? How long? 150mm? or?

and now of course the ever present question. When you say in BULK, how many of each size (2S, 3S, 4S, 5S, 6S, etc. etc.) will you buy? Yeah, I know, it depends on the price. I run into the same question all the time. PITA!

I just want the pig tails........I have seen complete plugs at hobby-city, they are really short and we had to cut off one end.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Default Oh I see now

About 8" of wire would be nice......I'd buy 100 of each but that may not be enough. Let me know. We could do this by e-mail sales@battlepack.com

thanks,
    Steve

Sorry, I'm confused. You want them pre-wired but with substantial wire length? How long? 150mm? or?

and now of course the ever present question. When you say in BULK, how many of each size (2S, 3S, 4S, 5S, 6S, etc. etc.) will you buy? Yeah, I know, it depends on the price. I run into the same question all the time. PITA!

Steve,
    Sent you an email.

Jim

About 8" of wire would be nice......I'd buy 100 of each but that may not be enough. Let me know. We could do this by e-mail sales@battlepack.com

thanks,
    Steve
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I'm itching to run these cells... lol Should be here any day now.
    My prop hasn't been wet in a while.

Got my cells from Steve a couple days ago, thanks for the deal Steve.
    Team Liquid Dash

Gee guys, after seeing that sale on HobbyCity, I feel like Hyperion is stealing from us all.

4900 3S packs for $39 at HobbyCity and that's not the discount if you have ordered before.

thanks though, I hope the G3 are what they say they are.

Steve

Steve, i have Twelve G3 packs and these cells walk the walk for sure. I have some of the Hobbycity cells and while they are great for the money they can't compare to the power output of the G3 cells.
    Team Liquid Dash

The more we run the G3s the more we like them! So far so good!!!!!
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Quote Originally Posted by D.Smock View Post
    The more we run the G3s the more we like them! So far so good!!!!!
    Sounds like I need to get more time on my packs!! With packs are you running D. Smock?

I ran my 2x 4s 5500/35c packs in my DF 32 storm P-mono and they performed wonderfully.. I have to say, they are a little heavier and taller than my Flightpower 4500/30c 4s packs. With the G3's the temps were lower, by 10-15deg. and the amount of runtime is AWESOME!! With 11,000mah on my P-mono, I can get 2 full 6-lap practice heats before I need to recharge.. I have to say, I am VERY happy so far!

If the 6s packs perform as well,, I will be ordering some of the 4200/35c packs for racing..

Thanks Steve for the deal on the 6s packs!!
    Nothing like keeping you lipos warm and your prop wet!!

Most of us are running the 5500 35c 4s and 2s packs. John is running the 4200s and they perform just as good, but come in a few degrees warmer than the 55s as one would expect.
    At our last race the cells in my P-Mono were coming in at 110 degrees after a 1 mile heat race. 80+ degree day,,,,,,,awesome!!!!!!!

Doug
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Most of us are running the 5500 35c 4s and 2s packs. John is running the 4200s and they perform just as good, but come in a few degrees warmer than the 55s as one would expect.
    At our last race the cells in my P-Mono were coming in at 110 degrees after a 1 mile heat race. 80+ degree day,,,,,,,awesome!!!!!!!

Doug

Doug,

You are running 4s1p, 35c/5500mah pack in P-mono? I am running 2p in all my boats, that is why I thought of the 2 4s/ 4200 pakcs for 4s2p 8400mah total.. The 2 5500's I have are a little heavy in 2p and over the limit for racing..

We are running 2P in our P-Monos Richard.
    We don't have capacity or cell weight limits in the IMPBA.
    I like the extra weight of the packs, and still put about 9oz of lead on the CG if there is any wind on the pond.

Doug
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

We are running 2P in our P-Monos Richard.
    We don't have capacity or cell weight limits in the IMPBA.
    I like the extra weight of the packs, and still put about 9oz of lead on the CG if there is any wind on the pond.

Doug
    Ok, thats sound like the same setups we are running... We run in IMPBA,, mabey I am mistaking about the 10,000mah limit.. Is that only in the NAMBA rules? If so, I would be VERY HAPPY!!

Quote Originally Posted by txboatpilot View Post
    Ok, thats sound like the same setups we are running... We run in IMPBA,, mabey I am mistaking about the 10,000mah limit.. Is that only in the NAMBA rules? If so, I would be VERY HAPPY!!
    I thought you fellas were IMPBA. Go run them and have fun!!!!!

Doug
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12