Thread: Seaking 180A ESC

Default Seaking 180A ESC

How many people here are interested in this ESC? I would be willing to bring some in if enough would be interested. Price would be $125 shipped in the U.S. That's slightly less than Hobbyking who never seems to have them in stock.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

hi sailr i would be if you are sure of workmanship. email me rawsonreyes@yahoo.com willing to try two but need proper information that they can stand up to the loads the are rated at.

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    How many people here are interested in this ESC? I would be willing to bring some in if enough would be interested. Price would be $125 shipped in the U.S. That's slightly less than Hobbyking who never seems to have them in stock.
    Actually, if you log in, hobbycity has them for 89.99. But you're right about the never in stock thing, its so annoying.

There have been a lot of posts about them around the various forums. People seem to like them. I haven't used one either but have some on the way. Can't wait to try it myself with a NEU 1515/1Y. I know the guy that manufactures them. All I can say is when I was in the airplane business, he made the BEST esc on the planet. I know he is a nut for quality control.

Quote Originally Posted by rawsonreyes View Post
    hi sailr i would be if you are sure of workmanship. email me rawsonreyes@yahoo.com willing to try two but need proper information that they can stand up to the loads the are rated at.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Owner of the company is an acquaintance of mine. I have to pay more because I can't buy in the huge quantity Hobbycity does. But since he and I are friends, he'll snag a few off the line for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M View Post
    Actually, if you log in, hobbycity has them for 89.99. But you're right about the never in stock thing, its so annoying.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

OK, ten of them on the way. Should be here in 10 days - 2 weeks. First come, first served. PM if you want to get in line.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

One of our club members was running one of these controllers in his P mono with NEU 1515/1Y yesterday. Seemed to like it a lot. My order should be here soon.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

They are awesome ESCs. I run one in my 820mm Delta Force Mono ended up with 93km/h. Note the ESC is much larger compared to normal shrink wrapped controllers, thus more room for heat desipation. It integrated a switch mode BEC, doesn't need an external BEC or receiver pack. And one more point, better re-seal the edges with quality silicone(as always necessary for marine electronics ), I sent mine for service because of my laziness and my superstition to its "water proof" saying.

Default be careful

watch yourselves running this on 6s i had the turnigy 180 a its identical to this esc had 2 good hot runs before the smoke came out of it. i disected it after it turned into a glob and found the watercooled heatsink doesnt touch the outputs to the motor at all theres a rubber seal between the whole thig also you will want to run a bec with it. ppl reporting running on 4s have had good luck but it just wont handle 6s. good luck

Quote Originally Posted by madmorgan View Post
    watch yourselves running this on 6s i had the turnigy 180 a its identical to this esc had 2 good hot runs before the smoke came out of it. i disected it after it turned into a glob and found the watercooled heatsink doesnt touch the outputs to the motor at all theres a rubber seal between the whole thig also you will want to run a bec with it. ppl reporting running on 4s have had good luck but it just wont handle 6s. good luck
    I think the 'rubber seal' you're referring to is thermal conductive tape.
    Legend 36 sailboat, KMB Powerjet Ed Hardy Viper, ABC jet pwrd BBY Oval Master, ABC Hobby Jetski, NQD Tear Into's, HK Discovery 500, MickieBeez pwrd Jet Rigger!, Davette/Gravtix jet sprint, KMB Powerjet Pursuit, NQD pwrd Jet Catamaran!,Steam pwrd African Queen, Sidewinder airboat, Graupner Eco Power

They are pricey ay $125. Steve has plenty in stock as does Fightercat and kintec. Why buy from you if we can get them much cheaper? I realize the demand when others are out of stock, but $125 is quite a mark up.

I agree with LarrysDrifter, I've found them in stock at a few places currently for just over $110 including shipping (if buying a single esc and nothing else).

I understand that you're probably paying more per unit than other retailers because of your low quantity, but the only way I could see someone rationalizing buying one from you is if they were already ordering a boat or something and the combined shipping savings would bring the ESC to under $110. If you can't make a profit selling them for less than $125 shipped, you may need to reevaluate your friendship with this owner of the company. Doesn't sound like he's cutting you any kind of a deal.

$125 shipped for a 180a marine esc of this quality is a good deal, don't get me wrong... But when it's common knowledge that the same units regularly go for less at several other places I don't really know what to think.

If you will pay attention, my posts and price were two years ago! At that time, they were a good deal at $125 shipped and I sold out of them immediately. You might want to read more carefully before making such long inane comments. Also, the price at OSE is $104.99 + $12.55 shipping! I guess I was a traitor to the hobby two years ago for a difference of $7.46!?

I provide customer service after the sale. Good luck with HobbyKing! Steven at OSE is also great at customer service.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

If you will pay attention, my posts and price were two years ago! At that time, they were a good deal at $125 shipped and I sold out of them immediately. They generally were not even available in the States and Fightercat was just a figment of his imagination at that time. You might want to read more carefully before making such long inane comments. Also, the price at OSE is $104.99 + $12.55 shipping! I guess I was a traitor to the hobby two years ago for a difference of $7.46!?

I provide customer service after the sale. Good luck with HobbyKing! Steven at OSE is also great at customer service as I'm sure Fightercat is also. I no longer even sell the controller so what's your beef!?
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Wow, holy overreacting. Me & LarrysDrifter weren't the ones to dig the post up from 2 years ago. Had I noticed that the post was 2 years old, I wouldn't have replied. While I can't speak for LarrysDrifter, I was only looking out for my fellow RC enthusiasts.

I also didn't know that OSE shipping was a whopping $12.55. I might need to stick with Kintec, they'll ship up to 10 items for $5.65.

Whoops. Need to start watching those dates.

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    If you will pay attention, my posts and price were two years ago! At that time, they were a good deal at $125 shipped and I sold out of them immediately. They generally were not even available in the States and Fightercat was just a figment of his imagination at that time. You might want to read more carefully before making such long inane comments. Also, the price at OSE is $104.99 + $12.55 shipping! I guess I was a traitor to the hobby two years ago for a difference of $7.46!?

I provide customer service after the sale. Good luck with HobbyKing! Steven at OSE is also great at customer service as I'm sure Fightercat is also. I no longer even sell the controller so what's your beef!?

dang dude chill out....
    and by the way you can get them shipped for about $104 now
    so about 20bucks and change!!

Quote Originally Posted by midnightsabotage View Post
    Wow, holy overreacting. Me & LarrysDrifter weren't the ones to dig the post up from 2 years ago. Had I noticed that the post was 2 years old, I wouldn't have replied. While I can't speak for LarrysDrifter, I was only looking out for my fellow RC enthusiasts.

I also didn't know that OSE shipping was a whopping $12.55. I might need to stick with Kintec, they'll ship up to 10 items for $5.65.
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

92 shipped from hobbypartz
    Fleet: 55" Quad inline T600 Cigarette boat, Twin Mean Machine, Twin T600 47" mystery mono, 4082 Surge Crusher, 1717 8s Genesis, 4074 Villain, "mini mono", 52" Bonzi, Prather Funcruiser, 2 DPI 3.5cc tunnels, 5' Styrofoam recover barge

Quote Originally Posted by Jacked1 View Post
    92 shipped from hobbypartz
    even better yet bro!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Check out this thread.
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...oke&highlight=

Saving a few bucks doesn't always work out. Especially when the company tells you your on your own when there is an issue.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

I've been running it on 6S repeatedly and it's fine at 120F after hard runs full packs.

I'll happily pay more for customer service.

O agree! Steven at OSE is great on customer service. If you try to save $10 or so, then you deserve the lack of service that you get. If the supplier doesn't have to warranty anything, obviously they can charge less but then you as their customer are SOL!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com