Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Littlescreamers 63mmwater jacketed Motor

Quote Originally Posted by milfiebre View Post
    I wish I would have found this thread earlier in my build, i have a little screamer set up with a swordfish240 and man what a nightmare setting it up i called little screamers and talked to some guy over there that told me he would e mail me the settings for the esc(he never email me ) cause i was having from what i see a pwm setting set wrong i have currently run the boat ,a 60 inch expresscraft mti cat , 10s1p 2x 5800 30c with a 70mmx 108mm prop with some promising results no problems planning or running other than serious speed you could see this run on youtube expresscraft mti speedracer i dont understand the trouble alot of pepole are having with this set up ,, i am still tuning the setup as when i get up to speed 60+ it tends to flip back cg and trim angle adjustments ,, i am currently building a twin set up in a 70 inch apache and this same set up any suggestions
    What esc settings did you end up with for best results?
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Right now i have it set at 16khz pwm ,high timing i am still tuning kind of hard with three minute run time with one set of batteries but i have seen 68 on gps but the throttle feels sluggish slow response i will be testing with auto timing i understand that i am turning a big prop compared to most of these guys?

Where are the screamers i need two of them

Ok so I am taking two days off from the car business tommorrow and saturday... I am gonna finish running the watercooling lines and battery hold downs for my DF Sniper that has a Little Screamers motor... I was thinking of running one of my V16Schulze 40-160WK with the Screamer? anyone have any reason why this may be a bad Idea? I am gonna start off on 10s1p with a x455 to keep it light and bring a x457 2 blade and a x457 3 blade with me as well....

My question is what esc Settings do I need? I currently have it set up for the proper settings for a NEU 2215.... should I just pop tart it into the DF with the Screamer or will I have to change any settings? Help please as I don't wanna smoke a Schulze but I don't have faith enough in any other esc's to run this setup with .... I am gonna bring a some 6s packs too to try 12s.... I know with 1p I will keep run times to 2 minutes max.....

I am gonna try and get my buddy to use my HandyCam too so I won't have to upload more terrible iPhone Vids.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

I would contact Little Screamers and see what they use for a controller. My HV Hydra 240 lasted about 2 minutes before it died (nothing messy, just died) with this motor,,,then I find out that it does not play well with some controllers (Hydras were mentioned). I would be careful not to have a cheap motor take out your expensive controller. I havn't run mine since as I'm still PO'd at it.

I am currentley running my little screamer with a swordfish 240amp and after playing with the setting s it is running with great success,, no worries

Quote Originally Posted by milfiebre View Post
    I am currentley running my little screamer with a swordfish 240amp and after playing with the setting s it is running with great success,, no worries
    I hear ya... but my schulze is over twice the cost of the swordfish and I need this esc as it matches my other v16 for my twin mhz...

Don't do it,,,get a cheaper controller.....just in case.

Maybe I'll try a Swordfish with your settings...how are the temps after a run?

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Maybe I'll try a Swordfish with your settings...how are the temps after a run?
    maybe I will throw the scorpion 4035/800 (Sorry to be off topic as this is a screamer thread) in the boat then... I wanna run this big Sniper terrible.....!!!! any idea of the settings for that motor or will the Schulze autoset itself?

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415