Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Littlescreamers 63mmwater jacketed Motor

Default Littlescreamers 63mmwater jacketed Motor

Steven had asked me to post a little something about our new water jacketed outrunners we are producing. This is a project I have been working on for some time now and am very excited to be able to show off what we have coming out soon. I am posting some pictures as it is way simpler to show you how it work then to explain it.

I will give it a shot!

The internal cooling works by passing cold water through a bell attached at the end of the motor, This bell is removable and is sealed with 2 O-rings one front and one rear. this bell is completely enclosed and sealed, No water can enter the motor or the shaft as the bearing on the end is outside the bell and sealed with the O-ring. (see pic) Inside this bell is an extension of the bearing tube witch also holds the stator, Now on this extension I have machined cooling fins to absorb the heat with the water passing over these colling fins and the whole things is Aluminum so it wil act like a heat sink. So with this setup there will be no issues with heat and as all of it will be pulled strait from the motor and out the exit! The faster you go the better the cooling.

As of now we are going to release 3 versions of this design

1 for the Mini boats

1 for the mid size boats

And a competition 1/8th 1/10th scale motor

Here is a picture of the new production 63mm water jacketed motor for 1/8th and 1/10th
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very interesting. What are the KV's ?
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    Very interesting. What are the KV's ?
    Thats a good question. I am not sure what the finial KV will be we just had these done at around 650kv and I will adjust it as needed, i will have one being tested this weekend and then can give a little more on the targeted KV

Thanks
    Scott

That is NICE! I just read a post where they are having great success with the outrunner's in the large hulls. Water cooling them is even better, might possibly make inrunners a thing of the past in a few years.
    Team Liquid Dash

The ones being used up here in the Seattle Area in the bigger boatsd I don't think they are even watercooling them. They don't seem to get hot at all
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

then there not running them hard enough!

Scott

There are a lot of people especially in Seattle that don't run to break speed records and run spec setups
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Scott any updates on these?
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Scott, you said you were gonna send me one of these?
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Ok
    I have a little more info on the motor.

This Large Water Jacketed Outrunner was designed for big boats 40-90". It will perform well as a drop in HP replacement for the Weed Eater type gas boats. Designed as a racing motor to run against the gas and will be competing in the racing scene beginning 2010. Testing so far in a 40+ Race hydro we are running 65-68 MPH and completing 7+ laps on 10s. This is very exciting for a low cost alternative motor to be running with the $600 Modified gas motors and the Large Neu inrunners. Testing continues and I will update soon!

These pictures are from the 55" Deep Vee I am doing a conversion on. I started with a new hull (Snagged from the LHS for $50 new in the box) and then bought all new Proboat hardware, I am waiting on an ESC and then I will finish this project. I am very excited to see this thing scream across the lake with the new power system.

Order one from Littlescreamers.com Today

KV650
    Shaft 8mm
    Watts?? 8,000

Scott
    Last edited by Littlescreamers; 01-27-2010 at 02:30 AM. Reason: add text

Here is a couple pictures of the XPS sponsored race boat. this is the boat all the testing has been done with.

Price????

OH Sorry,

MSRP $179.99 But we are running a sale of a small quantity to promote this new motor and you can order one today for $149.99 + Shipping.

Thanks
    Scott

Scott, any release info on a 4S, 1800 - 2200 KV motor ? I'm sure there's a big audience for something to compete with the Neu 1515 / 1521 types.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Working on that one now, I have 5 new motor designs going to the factory. 2 are smaller versions of this motor.
    I will keep you all updated on how things are coming along.

Scott

I am interested in the 1/8 scale motor, how can I get a motor with a little more Kv, something in the neighborhood of 800Kv to 950Kv...
    Also, what are the dimensions of the motor? What size of the bolt pattern? What is the water cooling nipple size? Warranty?
    One more thing, about the 8000w, is that constant draw or spikes? 'Cause having a motor pulling 216 amps constantly is pretty grueling...
    even more so if on 8s.

This is looking good Scott.
    Last edited by Ub Hauled; 01-27-2010 at 01:17 PM.
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

Quote Originally Posted by Ub Hauled View Post
    I am interested in the 1/8 scale motor, how can I get a motor with a little more Kv, something in the neighborhood of 800Kv to 950Kv...That will have to wait until our next order.
    Also, what are the dimensions of the motor? It is 63mmx117mm with a 8mm shaftWhat size of the bolt pattern? 40mm 6mm bolts What is the water cooling nipple size? It is drilled for a 1/8th brass tube but I will be installing large nipples at the factory in the next batch. Warranty? All our motors have a 2 year Warranty
    One more thing, about the 8000w, is that constant draw or spikes? 'Cause having a motor pulling 216 amps constantly is pretty grueling... That is a rated number. Not what your going to be getting.
    even more so if on 8s.

This is looking good Scott.
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Littlescreamers View Post
    Scott
    Thanks for the answers Scott, I'll be following this thread closely...

Quote Originally Posted by Littlescreamers View Post
    Ok
    I have a little more info on the motor.

This is very exciting for a low cost alternative motor to be running with the $600 Modified gas motors. Testing continues and I will update soon!

Scott
    Low cost compared to a $600 gas engine?

How much will the esc and a few sets of batteries and a charger cost?

It would take at least 3 sets of battries, maybe 4 to keep you on the water like a gas engine.

Quote Originally Posted by REBAR View Post
    Low cost compared to a $600 gas engine?

How much will the esc and a few sets of batteries and a charger cost?

It would take at least 3 sets of battries, maybe 4 to keep you on the water like a gas engine.
    Only on lakes and ponds where gas boats are allowed.
    Steven Vaccaro

I just ordered one. Going to try it in my 42" Cat on 10S

Let us know how it works out and what kind of prop you can swing on 10S. Need to be a bigun' with such a low KV.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I now have these in stock.
    http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...ls-63outrunner
    Its one hell of a beast. Its a ton of motor for the money. Literally!
    Steven Vaccaro

Sweet Steven... I hope to get a higher Kv version... what is the story on those?

Quote Originally Posted by Ub Hauled View Post
    Sweet Steven... I hope to get a higher Kv version... what is the story on those?
    There has been a bunch of success wih this motor and kv, so as far as I know this is the kv for now.

Scott, designed the motor as a performance replacement for customers that what to replace modified zenoah motors. On 10s it will have more rpm and on 12s it will have much more rpm.

There was some talk of Zenoah motors and kv in this thread.
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ighlight=motor
    Steven Vaccaro

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    I just ordered one. Going to try it in my 42" Cat on 10S
    Mine still hasn't got here yet.

@steven

I´m very interested in that motor but to be competitiv it would be nessesary to get min 800rpm under load. i´m just converting a X-Ray from Hydro&Marine (1,38m) with a Scorpion 4035 with 800rpm(waiting for the Motor).

The Littlescreemer would be a good alternativ.
    Greetings
    Axel

I believe Scott is considering higher KV versions in the future. In the meantime, the 650KV will swing a huge prop! On 10S, the no load RPM is 24,050!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    @steven

I´m very interested in that motor but to be competitiv it would be nessesary to get min 800rpm under load. i´m just converting a X-Ray from Hydro&Marine (1,38m) with a Scorpion 4035 with 800rpm(waiting for the Motor).

The Littlescreemer would be a good alternativ.
    Greetings
    Axel
    That was discussed here
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ighlight=motor
    The consensus was that this will have more rpm than a modified Zenoah, which should keep it right up with the pack. I haven't had the chance to test one. I hope to get a hull for the summer.
    Steven Vaccaro

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast