Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lady Palin

Oh how things have changed. Not that long ago, the 60's and 70's when people had a beef with the government, it was "The Man" who did all the damage. Now it's either republicans or democrats. IMO, I believe it to be apathy and greed are the real culprits of todays issues. America was built on the strength of its citizens and the union they formed. Both sides have their demons and as such, are still "The Man".
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

Quote Originally Posted by domwilson View Post
    Oh how things have changed. Not that long ago, the 60's and 70's when people had a beef with the government, it was "The Man" who did all the damage. Now it's either republicans or democrats. IMO, I believe it to be apathy and greed are the real culprits of todays issues. America was built on the strength of its citizens and the union they formed. Both sides have their demons and as such, are still "The Man".
    IMO, I believe it to be apathy and greed are the real culprits of todays issues

Douggie

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    She will be in the future.

Douggie

Doug I'm still waiting for an answer?
    "Name me one thing that Obama can do better than Palin?"

Until last night you could have said, "tossing a baseball". But since he tosses a ball like a girl, she's even on par with him in that respect.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    But since he tosses a ball like a girl, she's even on par with him in that respect.

She's an athlete who very likely can not only outrun the guy (she runs long distances regularly), but would also be able to THROW a baseball... I doubt she'd just "toss" it...

People are "hating" her because that's that the media is telling them they should do. If the governer of Texas was a good-looking female, they'd hate him too, because they are SCARED AS HELL of these people who seem to actually understand how governments are suppose to work, as evidence by the way they run their states...

Doug I'm still waiting for an answer?
    "Name me one thing that Obama can do better than Palin?"

Until last night you could have said, "tossing a baseball". But since he tosses a ball like a girl, she's even on par with him in that respect.

Talk with a sense of honesty and a new American dream...To be very honest I noted a lack of substance in Obama's speaches prior to his innaguration and I still worry

Douggie

Talk with a sense of honesty and a new American dream...
    Honesty? I must be very blind. I see the exact opposite. I see a guy that has promised the country a laundry list of ideas that just can't be accomplished.
    Steven Vaccaro

As this thread was started by a Kanadian,,,maybe another Kanadian can end it......

If you don't like whats going on in politics in your country,,,run for office, then make changes.

All other whining and complaining is just that,,,,,and accomplishes nothing.

I'll shut up now........

I second Doby's motion. We had a Prez for 8 years that did NOTHING for the average American except tell lies and kill American soldiers and now that we have someone that is at least trying to help the average citizen, some are bad-mouthing him. Poor losers, sour grapes. GET OVER IT! Do something to help your country rather than tearing it down!

OK, off the soap box. Preparing for incoming barrage. Eeeeeek.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    ...now that we have someone that is at least trying to help the average citizen, some are bad-mouthing him. .
    No barrage...

But I'd love to hear some examples of how you think he's "helping the average citizen"... The term "average citizen" here actually needs to be clarified, because it infers the middle-class, and there is NO evidence what-so-ever that he's doing ANYTHING to help promote that in this country. NONE!

If you call record spending "trying".
    I didn't support Bush, I wouldn't support Palin and I don't support Obama either. I wonder why you would call people poor losers for expressing their opinions.
    That is after all, how this thread started.
    And Doby, I don't have the cash to run for office, I'm raising five kids. All I can do is vote!

I second Doby's motion. We had a Prez for 8 years that did NOTHING for the average American except tell lies and kill American soldiers and now that we have someone that is at least trying to help the average citizen, some are bad-mouthing him. Poor losers, sour grapes. GET OVER IT! Do something to help your country rather than tearing it down!

OK, off the soap box. Preparing for incoming barrage. Eeeeeek.
    Average citizen? I consider myself average and continually have to work harder to stay average. Your self employed, tell me how he's helping you? Maybe I can get in on it
    Steven Vaccaro

What? Darin, please, have you been paying attention or just drinking the koolaid of the GOP, listening to FAUX news, Limbaugh, etc.

Passing meaningful health care reform for starters will help the average american by helping reduce the cost of it!

Hopefully getting us eventually the hell out of Iraq will help the average american by stopping the bleed on our economy this ill begotten war has created.

Stopping the no-bid contracts by the pentagon, etc. will help the average american by stopping the squandering of our treasury on over-priced under-performing greedy bastards associated with Cheney.

For starters. The guy's been president for LESS THAN 6 Months and immediately you want results Bush couldn't produce in 8 years? 8 years of inheriting a surplus and leaving us with the largest deficit ever?
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

The only motivation for far too many people to complain about Obama is they are sore losers. The man hasn't been in office long enough to enact any of his reforms that could pull us out of this mess. But there are those that rather than trying to do something positive and encourage someone to do something just want to criticize. It drives me nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by RMZDADDY View Post
    If you call record spending "trying".
    I didn't support Bush, I wouldn't support Palin and I don't support Obama either. I wonder why you would call people poor losers for expressing their opinions.
    That is after all, how this thread started.
    And Doby, I don't have the cash to run for office, I'm raising five kids. All I can do is vote!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Lads , this was about the attributes of Lady Palin and her political asperations not the present or past administrations. FOCUS

Douggie

Steven,

What drives me nuts is you guys won't even give him a chance! Like I said before, Bush gave away $700 billion with no strings attached. The current administration's additional stimulus had HEAVY strings attached. Furthermore, $87 billion has been repaid WITH interest by some banks that Obama held their feet to the fire.

You're not old enough to remember the Savings and Loan debacle in the 80's. People screamed and yelled back then too because the government bailed out failed thrifts. In the final analysis, the government MADE A PROFIT on it.

I am better off because I don't have to apologize to all of my friends around the world for a horrible president and his lies. Financially? I'm holding my own just fine.
    My wife, on the other hand, lost her job over a year ago...UNDER BUSH's failed economy and still can't find work.

OK, that's it. I'm gonna Gotta stay friends here. I get pretty riled up!

Average citizen? I consider myself average and continually have to work harder to stay average. Your self employed, tell me how he's helping you? Maybe I can get in on it
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I'm on the same page as you Douggie, Palin would NOT get my vote.

Douggie, you're right. But there's nothing good to say about Palin, so as gentlemen we refuse to participate

Lads , this was about the attributes of Lady Palin and her political asperations not the present or past administrations. FOCUS

Douggie
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

For starters. The guy's been president for LESS THAN 6 Months and immediately you want results Bush couldn't produce in 8 years? 8 years of inheriting a surplus and leaving us with the largest deficit ever?
    That's funny... this coming from the same people that complained that Bush didn't do enough in the first 18-minutes after he heard about 9-11...

Obama hasn't done a THING to get us out of Iraq... everything that's happening there was put in motion long before he came along. He's just made the wise choice to not interfere with that and mess it up too...

"Meaningful health-care reform"??? Is that what you are calling this travasty of spending?? The Canadians come to the US for quality health-care... WHERE are we going to go??? Have you looked to see how much of that money is alotted to Planned Parenthood? Give me a break!

The failing economy can be DIRECTLY linked to actions taken by people in the CURRENT administration through OVER-REGULATION of the financial and Mortgage industries... THEN, you're beloved Barney Frank has the audasity to go to Fanny May just LAST MONTH and suggest that they need to RELAX lending requirements... AGAIN!

Pot isn't legalized yet, but listening to the rubbish coming from the media and the left, you'd think it had already been...

People need to WAKE UP and get thier facts straight.

Luckily, Poll numbers are showing that the people, in fact, are... One can only hope they come to their senses before this administration spends this country into the brink...

And don't even begin to talk about Bush and Spending... The Dems have spent more in the past 6-months... THREE TIMES more at least, than Bush did in his entire 8-years... and WHAT do we have to show for it??? A prolonged recession... Nice work...

OK, there is my rant/vent... I'm going to follow suit and

Now, back on topic... Palin is a fine example of an American woman and there are a hell of a lot more out there like her than like Pelosi or Politono (sp) or Sotomayor... They just aren't getting the press...

Please back to the thread issue

Douugie

Douugie

To what end, Douggie??

Douugie
    I'd still shag her !!
    See it....find the photos.....sketch it it....build it........with wood

Darin, who knows. That is politics and there will never be an end to a person who can not view the other side or comprmise, whether they may be right or wrong

Douggie

Perfect timing Simon, thanks for the chuckle.

Maybe you should start a poll on this issue

Darin, who knows. That is politics and there will never be an end to a person who can not view the other side or comprmise, whether they may be right or wrong

Douggie
    Sorry Douggie, but on some things, there is still clearly RIGHT and WRONG. The killing of the unborn is just but one example...

I will not step into that issue, but we all have a right in all Western Democrtatic communities to state our mind and thoughts and not be led by people who wish to tell us how to lead our lifes with their mantra

Douggie

As far as the present administration is concerned ... I wish that I had invested in the company's that make/supply ammunition. The demand has not been able to keep up with the supply, store shelves are empty, and the prices have doubled. These folks are the only ones that are prospering at present and it will be months before they can meet the demand.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Like I said....It's "The Man". We can't blame any one administration or party for alot of the current issues. As Darin has stated on many occasions, that you simply can't believe the media. Abortion, Imigration, Govt. spending, Taxes, Energy, Middle-Class, Healthcare, Environment, and the list goes on and on. These have been issues thru so many administrations and party lines. Yet, in all these years, they are still issues and one side or the other keeps shifting the blame. Why haven't they just been fixed? When I say years, I mean decades. It appears these clowns are in office to get rich, gain power and keep us all dis-illusioned.
    Government Moto:

I'm on the same page as you Douggie, Palin would NOT get my vote.
    She won't (and can't) get Douggies vote either.

Perfect timing Simon, thanks for the chuckle.

Maybe you should start a poll on this issue
    I don't think a poll would be accurate.
    Too many people would let politics cloud thier opinion. i bet there are loads of guys who would tap her but wont admit it because that would be crossing the great political divide.
    C'mon guys fess up !!
    Am I the only one here who would ??
    See it....find the photos.....sketch it it....build it........with wood

Her, Tina Fey, same difference.
    I would, but I wouldn't leave a tip.
    Government Moto:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast